Author Topic: !  (Read 2351 times)
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:19:21 PM

Maybe this got overlooked in my first post in the thread.... http://freehosting1.net/reviews/1freehosting.com.aspx

They say that the way that they make money is give you free hosting, then charge you $5 for each tech support incident. They will lock your account because of a hack attempt and the only way to get your files or unlock it is to pay them $5 each time it happens. It's a scam. That's why there are better alternatives from places like amazon and google that don't have to do stuff like that to make a buck.

But we are talking about a Free Hosting, anyone trying to make a business with a Free Hosting is a dumbass.
This is for small sites with nothing important inside. If you need to unlock just make another site and put everything like the old site.

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcven

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 02:29:54 AM

For those of you looking for Free Webhosting I'll give you something better:

For 1 of your already registered domain name with DNS

300MB disk space
Unlimited bandwidth
Unlimited email accounts
Umlimited FTP accounts
Plesk Panel

For only 1 BTC / year

You can also upgrade, add Space, MySQL databases...

http://mekat.es
contacto@mekat.es

Ask for the Bitcoin offer!

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
btcven

Activity: 715

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 12:28:36 PM

For only 1 BTC / year

I say you better start your own thread, for paid hostings. This one for FREE ones, like in "I PAID FUCKING NOTHING, AT ALL!"

Good point, I was just trying to help those who get here and read that the 1frehosting service is a bad idea. I'll locate the info somewhere else.

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 12:32:26 PM

For only 1 BTC / year

I say you better start your own thread, for paid hostings. This one for FREE ones, like in "I PAID FUCKING NOTHING, AT ALL!"

Good point, I was just trying to help those who get here and read that the 1frehosting service is a bad idea. I'll locate the info somewhere else.

No one said that the 1freehosting is bad, only the ones that didn't tried it yet.
It's more like I'm calling a person ugly, but I have never seen this person.

wtfvanity

Activity: 504

WTF???

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 03:03:50 PM

For only 1 BTC / year

No one said that the 1freehosting is bad, only the ones that didn't tried it yet.
It's more like I'm calling a person ugly, but I have never seen this person.

Actually, a lot of people that have tried it say that it is bad, and that they will force you to pay to get your files back or account unlocked.

http://freehosting1.net/reviews/1freehosting.com.aspx

If you use them, keep a back up of everything including your database if you don't want to have to end up paying them.

If you think you'll have to ask for support once or twice a year, there are cheaper alternatives that give free support.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 03:41:05 PM

I don't remember if I got to this site because of you, but it looks pretty nice.
For now, I just registered and fav to "oh, look, now I need a simple website and I already have the solution" reason.

This answer your question subStrata?
I just wanted to know how this thing works, not that necessarily I will use it right now.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: