Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 01:05:40 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2013, 11:41:24 AM by subSTRATA

!

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
goodbc

Activity: 105
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 01:49:48 PM

Tell them to accept BTC for premium services.  Wink

Check your IQ! Send any amount to this address:
1GoodBTCiGyd1J1LkDhCThfTHG8n9WJnNn
Fcx35x10

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 06:05:57 PM

Ah i'm going to check this out. I too have an web idea in mind but do not feel like spending money, unless it's btc Tongue

Tell them to accept BTC for premium services.  Wink

i agree!
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 07:48:27 AM

Seems strange that they don't have any premium services at all, I wonder how they pay all the bills.

RyanRed

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 08:24:25 AM

Free is great. But I too wonder how they pay the bills. I'd like to hear some feedback from people who have used this service.
Meizirkki

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 11:00:01 AM

seems fishy to me  Grin
btcven

Activity: 715

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2012, 12:10:26 AM

We accept BTC for Web Hosting http://mekat.es

You just need a domain with DNS control.

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
J-Norm

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 10:05:19 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2012, 10:27:13 PM by J-Norm

If your game is entirely javascript and everything served is just a static file look and Amazon's S3(simple storage solution). It will even give you a free bitcointurtle.s3.amazonaws.com domain to host your stuff, or you can set up your own domain if you have one.

Serving a small static page with low usage would literally cost less than 5 cents a month. S3 offers SUPER uptime(your data is always stored and available from 3 or more contenents/regions auto failover 99.9999+ uptime etc) and high performance with a complete pay-per use pricing system and no minimums. Static content only, you control things like root document and http headers etc.

If you need to have a server running your own code then look at Amazon's elastic computer cloud. They rent computers by the hour.
wtfvanity

Activity: 504

WTF???

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 10:23:22 PM

http://freehosting1.net/reviews/1freehosting.com.aspx

Listen to J-Norm, there are so many better options. Amazon, Google's Appspot, for DB backend you can use https://mongolab.com/home and get a half gig free and it's replicated.

Like how you stuffed your affiliate link in there too.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 10:35:21 PM

I haven't looked at AWS in a while, but they've updated it.

https://aws.amazon.com/free/

They have a db service now, you can get a micro instance in MySQL, Oracle, or SQL express edition with 20 gb of db storage space. Linux or windows Micro instance, 30 gb elastic block storage and 5 gb of simple storage. Plus 15 GB of data transfer for it all.

Toss on PHP and a free control panel like zpnael or open panel and you're set.

and check out their uptime, Uptime:   99.385 % That's 5 hours of down time a month. Amazon will get you much better than that. In October they were up only 97%

.      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
J-Norm

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 10:42:09 PM

Amazon web services are amazing. And now that they have control panels the barrier to entry is much lower. It can of course all be controlled via APIs.

I use it for small projects. Or when I need a big vanity address I can call up a 16 core 64 bit super beast for a few dollars an hour. Now if only they allowed bitcoin(hint, you could offer a passthrough and make a lot of coin)...
wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 10:44:35 PM

Amazon web services are amazing. And now that they have control panels the barrier to entry is much lower. It can of course all be controlled via APIs.

I use it for small projects. Or when I need a big vanity address I can call up a 16 core 64 bit super beast for a few dollars an hour. Now if only they allowed bitcoin(hint, you could offer a passthrough and make a lot of coin)...

We've dipped off topic now, but you do know that the OCL vanity generator is available right? A 5800 series radeon can generate faster than your 16 core super beast by itself. Check it out if you haven't already, just needs standard ocl driver's.

J-Norm

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 10:52:49 PM

We've dipped off topic now, but you do know that the OCL vanity generator is available right? A 5800 series radeon can generate faster than your 16 core super beast by itself. Check it out if you haven't already, just needs standard ocl driver's.

EC2 offers multi-GPU instances too.

Ok back on topic. If your game is 100% static which is appears to be then s3 would provide free hosting for a year and super cheap(like 5 cents a month) after that. Very good uptime etc.

Downside is that you need a credit card and a phone number to sign up. VOIP phone numbers and pre-paid credit cards work though. This is important if you don't have a credit card or if you want to be anonymous.
wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 10:57:20 PM

EC2 offers multi-GPU instances too.

Ok back on topic. If your game is 100% static which is appears to be then s3 would provide free hosting for a year and super cheap(like 5 cents a month) after that. Very good uptime etc.

Downside is that you need a credit card and a phone number to sign up. VOIP phone numbers and pre-paid credit cards work though. This is important if you don't have a credit card or if you want to be anonymous.

I checked the uptime guarantee and they give 99.95% gurantee. That's 20 minutes in a month. Much better than 5 or more hours. Especially if you'll have people playing your games all day and all night.

J-Norm

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 11:11:57 PM

I checked the uptime guarantee and they give 99.95% gurantee. That's 20 minutes in a month. Much better than 5 or more hours. Especially if you'll have people playing your games all day and all night.

"Downtime" on S3 does not manifest as an outright outage due to how they distribute the servers. It means that the sum of all servers currently being pointed toos downtime adds up to .05%. Once the network realizes a server is unresponsive it is removed from their load balancers and the downtime is remedied. A fresh server is booted up to replace it and added to the load balancer.

The net result is that if you hit the refresh button you are very unlikely to be sent to the malfunctioning server again. So 99.95% over the time your page will just load, the other .05% of the time you need to re-roll the  dice by hitting refresh.

Much better than traditional static hosting where someone has to go fix the server that is supposed to be serving the file, even if said server had the same uptime.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 08:09:57 AM

Who the hell can comfortably operate a site on only 100gb of bandwith?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 09:00:18 AM

I would believe all you said about that host if you hadn't use a referral link.
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 10:27:47 AM

I don't remember if I got to this site because of you, but it looks pretty nice.
For now, I just registered and fav to "oh, look, now I need a simple website and I already have the solution" reason.

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
btcven

Activity: 715

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 02:07:35 PM

I would believe all you said about that host if you hadn't use a referral link.

+1000!

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:14:06 PM

Maybe this got overlooked in my first post in the thread.... http://freehosting1.net/reviews/1freehosting.com.aspx

They say that the way that they make money is give you free hosting, then charge you $5 for each tech support incident. They will lock your account because of a hack attempt and the only way to get your files or unlock it is to pay them $5 each time it happens. It's a scam. That's why there are better alternatives from places like amazon and google that don't have to do stuff like that to make a buck.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: