Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:28:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: One Bitcoin  (Read 3920 times)
niallo27 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 06:35:38 PM

I now own one bitcoin in my coinbase wallet. It feels good. I am not sure why it feels so good but it does. I have a good feeling about Bitcoin. I am already up 20 euro after today. What could possibly go wrong. Grin

▲▼ No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options ▲▼
████████████ sec◔nds trade ████████████
↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 06:37:24 PM

I now own one bitcoin in my coinbase wallet. It feels good. I am not sure why it feels so good but it does. I have a good feeling about Bitcoin. I am already up 20 euro after today. What could possibly go wrong. Grin

It's Coinbase that owns your 1 BTC.
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 06:44:14 PM

It is always good to have 1 Bitcoin.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2015, 06:55:06 PM

we talk again after you lost 50%  Cheesy

teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 07:00:19 PM

Good for you, now transfer that 1 bitcoin into your own desktop wallet Grin
That bitcoin isn't yours, because you don't have the access to your own private key which mean they are the one who own that coin Wink
Download a desktop wallet, it's not really that hard to learn Wink
I suggest electrum Smiley
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 07:02:36 PM

i had the exact same feeling when i had my first bitcoin. i hope you will hold your coin at least till the block halving. and by that time you'll most likely have more than 1 bitcoin.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 07:31:22 PM

20 euros per day is a nice income.

20*365=7.3k euros

It think this was best investment you ever made.
sabreok

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 07:33:13 PM

Welcome to the 1% for 2025 Smiley (hopefully...)

Make your next goal 10 BTC  Cool

In all seriousness, get a desktop client (electrum is my favorite). Coinbase is great for providing a simple way to buy coins, but control of your keys is very important.
niallo27 (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 07:43:28 PM

20 euros per day is a nice income.

20*365=7.3k euros

It think this was best investment you ever made.

Well i have being building up to today. Have being buying parts for the last 3 weeks and today i reached 1 BTC.

niallo27 (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 07:45:42 PM

That bitcoin isn't yours, because you don't have the access to your own private key which mean they are the one who own that coin Wink

Interesting i didnt know i didnt really own it. Electrum seems the way to go. Is this desktop wallet specific to just one machine.

jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 07:53:37 PM

Move them to cold storage and get another one for daily expenses, or you may risk losing them

niallo27 (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 07:57:42 PM

Move them to cold storage and get another one for daily expenses, or you may risk losing them

My plan is to store them all for the long term. Should i move them to my desktop wallet everytime i reach 1 BTC

sabreok

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 08:08:48 PM

Interesting i didnt know i didnt really own it. Electrum seems the way to go. Is this desktop wallet specific to just one machine.

When creating an Electrum wallet, you will get a string called a "seed". This seed is private information that should be written down and never stored digitally. Install Electrum on as many machines as you'd like, then you can load your wallet from this seed. Because all transactions are stored in the blockchain, Electrum will "sync" between the computers with the loaded seed.
mirana12345

Activity: 630

PM me to buy traffic for your site!

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 08:09:53 PM

My plan is to store them all for the long term. Should i move them to my desktop wallet everytime i reach 1 BTC

That's probably a good idea, even every 0.10 just to be sure. Also take care of your machine if you plan to hold bitcoins there. Unlike other replies, i would
advise you make a paper wallet since it's much safer than desktop clients imho. [There's too much mallware stealing wallets these days, ot even AV's can recognize them all]
btw good job in collecting your first bitcoin. I plan to reach 2.1 btc until it gets too expencive for a average Joe to own some.
niallo27 (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 08:15:45 PM

Thanks for all the help guys, it seems like a really friendly forum you got going on here.

mirana12345

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 08:22:46 PM

Thanks for all the help guys, it seems like a really friendly forum you got going on here.

Smiley There's all kinds of people here, but most of us tend to be nice and as helpful as we can. If you think about it; bitcoin's idea (replacing current monetary system we have - fiat) is not something
that trolls and hillbilly's would support nor would they donate their time to it, which just may be the main reason why the community is friendly and beyond average - or i just like to think it is.

cheers
azeminjo09

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 08:25:53 PM

gamble, double it, be a man! show your balls Cheesy

Just kidding, keep collecting, and ofc transfer btc to paper wallet, best choice..
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 08:26:43 PM

Yes its could be very good idea because controlling your money is every time very good never keep them in any exchange they can eat them like burger
niallo27 (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 08:32:17 PM

Yes its could be very good idea because controlling your money is every time very good never keep them in any exchange they can eat them like burger

So are you saying someone like coinbase could just take my coin or do you mean they could go out of buisness

mirana12345

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 08:36:09 PM

So are you saying someone like coinbase could just take my coin or do you mean they could go out of buisness

Reality of the situation is that they are the ones in control of your coins. And even tho it's not likely your coins would be stolen or taken away,
in theory- they could go down like mt.gox and you would lose your coins, and they could also be attacked by hack or explit, resulting once again - in you losing your coins.
There's a good reason people are advising everyone not to store their coins on exchanges, atleast not large amounts of it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: