Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:47:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Very overlooked detail that could catch us off guard.  (Read 2397 times)
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 02:53:09 PM

Maybe he's deliberately changing his MO so he isn't caught so quick.

Nah. Say what you may about Atlas, he's annoying, he's clueless about a lot of nonBTC stuff while talking with an air of authority, he doesn't know when to shut up, all that, but he wouldn't make a mistake like ignoring the block halving.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 02:55:23 PM

Maybe he's deliberately changing his MO so he isn't caught so quick.

Nah. Say what you may about Atlas, he's annoying, he's clueless about a lot of nonBTC stuff while talking with an air of authority, he doesn't know when to shut up, all that, but he wouldn't make a mistake like ignoring the block halving.

That's probably true.  He does have his pride.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 03:19:39 PM

and judging by some of these $30,000 gpu's built specifically for bit coin mining that put out forgot how many ghz (but it's alot), that people are preordering that release next month, thinking they'll be able to mine to their hearts content, and the current amount of mining farms constantly being upgraded with higher end gear, along with people pouring into bit coin mining because of the success of bit coin mining, I'd say we got 2 to 4 months tops to do something about the 21 million bit coin cap.
The amount of hardware and mining processing power of the entire network combined, has virtually NO influence whatsoever on the speed at which bitcoins will be mined.

So people can buy $30K ASIC renderfarms all they want, it won't cause bitcoins to be mined any faster. Only the people who do have expensive mining hardware, will RELATIVELY mine more coins than people who don't. But the rate of 50 BTC per 10 minutes (soon to be reduced to 25 BTC per 10 mins) remains constant.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2012, 03:43:57 PM

Smiley  So I've decided to get into mining with a couple of decent laptops

I hope you didn't buy the laptops with the intention of using them to mine. You won't even make enough BTC to pay for the electricity, and there is a chance that unless they are more than just "decent", your laptops won't earn any BTC at all.

I have been developing a  self reliant renewable energy source and machine that uses hydrogen

I hope you aren't one of those people that claim to be able to use water as fuel (by burning it).

Afraid so! He claimed to do it, then disappeared after only one post. Proof that the government reads this forum. Poof! And he's gone. Next, please!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 03:49:59 PM

If we increase the total number of BTC beyond 21 million. I would sell my coins immediately. Bitcoin would be dead in my opinion. The inability of any authority to create more coins is one of the most powerful things about the protocol. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 06:20:23 PM

If we increase the total number of BTC beyond 21 million.
This is simply not possible by the very definition of Bitcoin.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 07:02:17 PM

I thought the OP was suggesting changing the protocol to allow this? It comes up in threads now and then. It is possible if we fork bitcoin.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 08:13:31 PM

I thought the OP was suggesting changing the protocol to allow this? It comes up in threads now and then. It is possible if we fork bitcoin.

But then it wouldn't be bitcoin, it'd be something else.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 08:17:35 PM

Came here expecting the title to refer to something entirely obvious that will catch no one off guard and has already been prepared for. Wasn't disappointed.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2012, 08:18:36 PM

Smiley  So I've decided to get into mining with a couple of decent laptops

/thread

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: