Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 02:38:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: forgot password to wallet, corrupted wallet files. Let me try recover them.  (Read 687 times)
Rhysbailey (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 09:24:30 AM

Now, not to sound like someone who is out to scam people, as I am not. here goes:

I had 4 wallets on my system that I had completely forgotten the pass phrase for. I also had some corrupt, a few of mine and a pals .dat file. We tried for what seems like an eternity and finaly managed to recover a good protion of keys so could recover the funds. Sadly, it wasnt really the main keys I wanted to recover buy, hey it was still worth a try, took us bloody ages tho.

Well im sure you all know how bloody hard it is to get them back, but if you are stuck and want someone else to try, let us. if we recover them then we tale 20%

Im sure im going to get loads of incoming here as people may think im here to try scam someone or take what is not mine, but if you cant get it what do you have to loose.

Worth a try.

Rhys
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 09:26:26 AM

There are many trusted members offering this service, although for slightly more share . And yes this does look like a scam attempt.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 09:29:07 AM

So basically you are going to brute force our wallet passwords to unlock it ?
How can you prove you are not going to run with all of the funds in the wallet Wink
Just for you to know, most of the wallet right now has a seed backup so it's easier to restore in case of corrupted files
TriggerX

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 09:31:38 AM

Don't think this is a great idea especially for a Newbie who just joined the forum. You could (not saying you would) just take the money in the wallet. What would prevent you from just taking the money?

Hi!
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 09:32:07 AM

Now, not to sound like someone who is out to scam people, as I am not. here goes:

I had 4 wallets on my system that I had completely forgotten the pass phrase for. I also had some corrupt, a few of mine and a pals .dat file. We tried for what seems like an eternity and finaly managed to recover a good protion of keys so could recover the funds. Sadly, it wasnt really the main keys I wanted to recover buy, hey it was still worth a try, took us bloody ages tho.

Well im sure you all know how bloody hard it is to get them back, but if you are stuck and want someone else to try, let us. if we recover them then we tale 20%

Im sure im going to get loads of incoming here as people may think im here to try scam someone or take what is not mine, but if you cant get it what do you have to loose.

Worth a try.

Rhys

Interesting, how did you recover the corrupted wallet?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 09:57:11 AM

There are multiple ways to recover the password nowadays .Very other wallet offers multiple two factor authorization schemes in case of lost passwords .As mexxer said there are trusted people around the forum offering the same service and as far as I know they're good at recovering the corrupted wallets as well. You need to rethink .
Rhysbailey (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 04:43:00 AM

Just an offer, my files were corrupted, i tried everything and it drove me very close to the edge if im honest. My business partner who seems to be a slight programming wizard put together a program to rebuild the keys. Still took a bloody while... well it was just an offer and I stand by it, no good to anyone if its broken, well that was my view.

But, as you say there are many who offer such a service. Well the offer still stands to anyone who is going stir crazy. Not that I guarantee I could recover the keys, but I enjoy a challenge...

~BtcRoll.com~

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 07:03:14 AM

This sounds about as fishy as the sea, there should be some insurance, say the person you are unlocking the wallet for claims to have 0.5 btc in the wallet you should give 0.5 btc to a trusted member of staff, and once the wallet is recovered receive your deposit back, if you cant get into the wallet then you get the deposit back either way Tongue
Rhysbailey (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 04:46:36 PM

That sounds like the best way to do it I would say. Have the administrator hold a deposit or some sort of security.

Regardless, the offer stands, I seem to have brushed up against a wasps nest here lol, please do not take offense. I was very frustrated, and was happy for someone to help me. I am by no means an expert but managed a slight win over my wallet...

Lets just hope everyone backs them up and doesn't fall victim.
nichu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 07:21:50 AM

i would like to recover my wallet ,if u could help me... would be glad
nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:18:22 AM

There are many guides on internet about recover bitcoin wallet for free, so why we need your service?
Also, there are few members who help us for various bitcoin problem.

Furthermore, no one can trust newbie member & there are many other this kinds of service which has better reputation.

~BtcRoll.com~ meant to send the fund to the reputable forum member. Even many guides are on the internet. Many average Joe probably don't know how to follow the guides or worry losing the money.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
nichu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 07:05:18 AM

Worth a try.

Rhys

hi. hope u have tried the wallet i have sent. if so forward me the details in my mail . ASAP
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: