Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:46:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: idea for online bitcoin shops  (Read 9306 times)
onemorexmr (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 05:21:19 PM

hi,

just had a small idea: what if bitcoin shops had this feature: buy this item if its cheaper than XBTC?
this would include BTC/USD conversation and product price changes.

the customer could deposit the money (and maybe withdraw it in case that after some time when his target isnt reached he doesnt want it anymore)

IMHO this should enable shops to plan better which should lead to cheaper prices (well at least for big shops. not sure if there are any atm)

please share your opinions ;-)

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
quentincole32

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 01:34:48 AM

hi,

just had a small idea: what if bitcoin shops had this feature: buy this item if its cheaper than XBTC?

the customer could deposit the money (and maybe withdraw it in case that after some time when his target isnt reached he doesnt want it anymore)

IMHO this should enable shops to plan better which should lead to cheaper prices (well at least for big shops. not sure if there are any atm)

its a good idea,but it will hard to make people understand with this,maybe you can tell them slowly,and make some picture to make it easy to tell.

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 01:39:16 AM

So I deposit 0.01 BTC to a eshop which at time of transaction is 10 USD - just an example. I set an order to buy a Google Cardboard which cost 12 USD. The order will only be approved when Bitcoin rate increase by 20% and 0.01 BTC is equivalent to 12 USD or more. Am I right with this example?

If I am right, this is a good and innovative idea. However, I do not think that there will be people paying for item using this kind of method. Well, businesses do not wish to wait for a certain digital currency rate to increase before proceeding with the sale. Businesses normally want the sale to be completed as soon as possible.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 01:47:22 AM

So, it's like a request to buy a product at your specified price, with a floating btc/usd exchange rate. It's a nice idea for buyers. Merchants on the other hand will not activity seek buyers, especially not in bulk.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 04:08:51 AM

I feel like this kind of idea would work only for online shops, and not in real life obviously because when you buy a cup of coffee you would want it now. So if an online business accepts this idea then they could place an order and then when the btc/usd price hits your target the process will be complete and the good/service will be delivered too you.

Then again, it might not work because businesses usually have to meet a quota on selling said good and if you decide to cancel the order ir the price is never reached, then the business and customer will lose.

poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 10:22:45 AM

So I deposit 0.01 BTC to a eshop which at time of transaction is 10 USD - just an example. I set an order to buy a Google Cardboard which cost 12 USD. The order will only be approved when Bitcoin rate increase by 20% and 0.01 BTC is equivalent to 12 USD or more. Am I right with this example?

If I am right, this is a good and innovative idea. However, I do not think that there will be people paying for item using this kind of method. Well, businesses do not wish to wait for a certain digital currency rate to increase before proceeding with the sale. Businesses normally want the sale to be completed as soon as possible.

I prefer read to your post jacktheking, understandable english haha. The idea itself interesting, but what code to set it automatically? So far no one implement this right?

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
onemorexmr (OP)

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 12:29:18 PM

yes, your example is right.

i'd use it manually atm... i wait until xmas is over because i know that my new pc will be cheaper afterwards. IMHO if the shops knew what i am planning it would be good for them.

businesses get new info for planning (thats why i think prepaid is better): they know that if they lower the price by x% or the btc rate goes up they will have some buyers.

together with bitcoins locktime feature it is even possible to say something like "i'd buy this if it gets cheaper than X in the next Y blocks" - like an automatic refund after some time.

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 08:59:59 AM

i'd use it manually atm... i wait until xmas is over because i know that my new pc will be cheaper afterwards. IMHO if the shops knew what i am planning it would be good for them.

businesses get new info for planning (thats why i think prepaid is better): they know that if they lower the price by x% or the btc rate goes up they will have some buyers.

together with bitcoins locktime feature it is even possible to say something like "i'd buy this if it gets cheaper than X in the next Y blocks" - like an automatic refund after some time.

So you have started develop this idea? The idea could be boomerang to the eshop owner. When they accepted cheapest price and in a couple minutes the bitcoin price going down and down for long term they will get a trouble yea a negative profit.
FaucetRank.com

Activity: 868

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 12:43:40 PM

So you have started develop this idea? The idea could be boomerang to the eshop owner. When they accepted cheapest price and in a couple minutes the bitcoin price going down and down for long term they will get a trouble yea a negative profit.

I think it's good idea becasue I think in longrun bitcoin price would be higher and increase always and this way online shops will make better profits .

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .SCAMMERS.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .EXPOSED.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
tolikkk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 04:23:53 PM

hi,

a possibility, but a common and easy to use online shop in crypto really gained momentum and in the future, the probability will increase that the sequence makes us think about the principles that will guide clients along the way whether it's smart contracts or something else, to the question of the need pocenia carefully

the notability of the fact that in pervosti in turn comes the importance of speed of processing and the contract and transaction, if necessary, is cheap and not circumventing the usual methods of comparing btc , but also the willingness to connect programs of its kind, and discounts, and as a result, the need for a more commercially reasonable result than the usual us fin systems

the approach in the first place, it's cheap and the totality of the transaction to$ 5 , so-called microtransactions, provided that the larger transaction will not cause discussions because of their treatment in terms of cost, but most of the semantic load in the low cost of small transactions and don't nakagawanishi they are processed and thus larger transactions

another important aspect is the safety of anonymity if desired, i.e. the minimality of the information collected about clients if you have the correct equipment operation and disturbance of the General rules and regulations, the preservation of confidence in the operation is an important aspect of using the system

in this case, the ability to talk about the necessary change fin systems and the fact that the decisions reached in the proper understanding and purpose of evolution as a given the necessity, but also an opportunity for the development of acquired and in the minds and in fact not coverany the result and operation of the equipment it brings, but in case of backwardness dopolnennoe to only the existing heap of crap on the old and only aggravation and not coming to a decision for whatever their reasons, which at the time seemed true in the rules, but not the ultimate fulfillment of the condition
VPScreator

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 09:51:05 PM

i dont think a genius ide but yes maybe , who knows what works for anyone ?

Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 10:10:49 PM

I dont think a buyer would want to wait that long.Nobody can exactly predicts the price so if I want to buy something I wouldn't postpone buying it till my amount of btc  price reach the price of product in USD

LuckyYOU

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 09:53:46 AM

I think later want to accept that in future online stores also Bitcoin.
But I also hope that it will happen later.
Because that's how it namely much faster.

youdamushi

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 12:07:04 PM

hi,

That's.... A good idea!

Didn't think about that!
That's right it cool be a good feature for a bitcoin shop indeed. And not too hard to put in place I bet!

PARADICE.io

gregyoung14

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 01:21:42 PM

I dont think a buyer would want to wait that long.Nobody can exactly predicts the price so if I want to buy something I wouldn't postpone buying it till my amount of btc  price reach the price of product in USD

Yes, this is the major problem for this. The time difference can really factor in a lot.
youdamushi

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 02:03:34 PM

It depends.

If you can get your money back I think it's not a problem. You place your money here in case of the price rises that's all =)

PARADICE.io

ctlaltdefeat

Activity: 464

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 04:40:31 PM

hi,

nice idea,i think its will give benefit to customer and seller,i hope this can applied to some online shop.
ps_jb

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 04:51:44 PM

And you will wait 3 weeks to get a benefit of 0.5% - which is stupid

I can understand if I need 1Tb SSD - which I want to buy in a half an year 50% less than now, so I an wait. But I do not need to freeze my BTCs for that
busybee7

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 12:13:42 PM

Pretty good idea, might be real in future, it will be much much easier for bitcoin users
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 10:19:50 AM

That is good. If that happens Bitcoin will be more popular and that is very good. I hope Bitcoin will be more use in the future.
And that more people will understand what Bitcoin is. But you never know what can happen. I hope in the future that more stores accept Bitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: