Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:35:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoinblackfriday.info - Do NOT use their website.  (Read 17026 times)
enthus

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 02:10:22 AM

Looks like a very soptisticated scam, they bought all websites , setup all the phising sites, and spend a lot on advertising.

They probably stolen much money too. Damnit, and I wanted to buy something from that site.

Tell me about it...
I hope not to many were affected, lucky OP has pointed it out when he did.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 02:10:50 AM

i did only submitted a few of the stuff to sell, but now it is a ripoff. though i didn't get into those phishing website. duh it is a waste of time; i would wish to get to bitcoinblackfriday.com , not .info

gonna spread this thread throughout the facebook! stand by.

is www.bitcoinblackfriday.com legit??!
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 02:12:36 AM

Thanks for the warning...
Luckily i change my mind to buy some of their stuffs.
or else im one of the victims.
Just thinking... is there a way for their victims to get back their money?
or for the owner to be punished by doing this? because if not.
more likely in the future .. this will happen again.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
jdh015232

Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 02:13:28 AM

who is this person or can we find out, trace his websites, he had a twitter, facebook, all promoting, and he bought all these domains...
we need to do something to prove that this is not so easy to do to people. because if i can get tricked, an ordinary user will never have a chance with using bitcoin. i have been tricked many times before, and know most everything to look for by now. i literally realized 5 seconds after i sent my bitcoins, that the website had a - in it...
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 02:13:41 AM

Certainly.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1244329.0
Edit: Jon Holmquist confirms below.

who is this person or can we find out, trace his websites, he had a twitter, facebook, all promoting, and he bought all these domains...

Someone's already on it.

I sent in a couple emails to the guys at Namecheap and they will hopefully be able to do something, but it's a legal process so it'll take some time.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
JonHolmquist

Activity: 169
Merit: 101

Jon Holmquist

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 02:16:16 AM

i did only submitted a few of the stuff to sell, but now it is a ripoff. though i didn't get into those phishing website. duh it is a waste of time; i would wish to get to bitcoinblackfriday.com , not .info

gonna spread this thread throughout the facebook! stand by.

is www.bitcoinblackfriday.com legit??!

Hi, this is my real name. I founded and run BitcoinBlackFriday.com. I am legit, 4 years in business and I've never scammed anyone.

jdh015232

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 02:16:51 AM

Certainly.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1244329.0

Someone's already on it.

I sent in a couple emails to the guys at Namecheap and they will hopefully be able to do something, but it's a legal process so it'll take some time.

thank you. i already filed a report to IC3, and am thinking of going to the local police tomorow, as this is a huge hurt to me and my family even tho 6 BTC is not alot to some people. i will do anything to find out who this person is and get them arrested and hopefully some victims money back
jdh015232

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 02:19:06 AM

i will gladly give a 15% of my loss~(1BTC) reward, to anyone and everyone who can help me identify this person and get them arrested/get my money back. let me know any info i can help with.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 02:20:14 AM

Woah... What a time to scam people. How is it possible that this guy thought he could get away with this?

Easy! He read somewhere that Leroy Fodor's StakeMiners Ponze enjoys over 900 Investards so he felt he could at least get them retards to fall for his scheme in spite of being warned beforehand to stay away. HAHAHA
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 02:20:57 AM

i will gladly give a 15% of my loss~(1BTC) reward, to anyone and everyone who can help me identify this person and get them arrested/get my money back. let me know any info i can help with.

Read his posts. The dude's not even in the US.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 02:21:48 AM

The warning posted by theymos in the header was really helpful.
This would have helped people who rarely check scam accusations board.
Thankfully, I was not looking at the offers on this site.
jdh015232

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 02:25:25 AM

unfortunately, because i had used bitmain so many times before, and the first link i clicked everything seemed exactly the same, it was too late before i realized. i did not see any scam info/accusations, until after i started posting myself about it, unfortunately.
james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 02:30:29 AM

unfortunately, because i had used bitmain so many times before, and the first link i clicked everything seemed exactly the same, it was too late before i realized. i did not see any scam info/accusations, until after i started posting myself about it, unfortunately.

Sorry for your lost dude, i almost fell for it too then i stumbled upon this thread and the forum news warning. Hope you will get your losses recuperated. Excellent job OP in pointing it out.
hanlap

Activity: 310

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 02:32:00 AM

I remember 1 year ago. Have a guy want to promo his site in blackfriday by facebook/twitter. Begin the guy paid some persons after he also scam.
jdh015232

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 02:35:27 AM

Sorry for your lost dude, i almost fell for it too then i stumbled upon this thread and the forum news warning. Hope you will get your losses recuperated. Excellent job OP in pointing it out.

unfortunately, im that guy who tells all his friends about bitcoin and how cool it is and how it will change the world, but has no money to really do anything. but their is no way of re-cooping these losses. and i have nothing else to start with, i started with 1 GPU mining rig 2 years ago, now its just a lot of wasted time.
thank you for the well wishes
tittiecoiner

Activity: 224

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 02:53:55 AM

Well done NLNico!

Sad to see scammer waste no chance to cheat crypto users. Sites like this one don't help giving BTC a better reputation. Try to explain to crypto-newbies that BTC is not a paradise for scammers and cheaters.

bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 02:54:27 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2015, 03:09:38 AM by bitbaby

I've left a warning on multiple news website, reported a few posts (and even tweeted at a news website) to warn people about this. Let's hope it helps.

EDIT: I also tweeted a warning to my Twitter followers, if anyone (or everyone) could retweet it, that would be great.

Re-tweeted your tweet, thankfully I was not involved in any of their promotions, I did offer to promote them on twitter/reddit but Gotapauj refused it and offered to buy my reddit account, which I refused to do. I don't have a facebook but they were promoting it their too I think, so if someone is active on facebook, post and spread the warning there please.

I added one more warning tweet, this one with more hashtags, so everyone sees it. Kindly re-tweet this one too : https://twitter.com/thebitbaby/status/670437794519654400

Also, people who were involved in the Sig campaign, Kindly carry a message that it was a scam for at-least today, so people can know about it.

jdh015232

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 02:59:54 AM

Well done NLNico!

Sad to see scammer waste no chance to cheat crypto users. Sites like this one don't help giving BTC a better reputation. Try to explain to crypto-newbies that BTC is not a paradise for scammers and cheaters.

they take 100% diehards like me and ruin their love for crypto by taking away everything ive saved
its hard enough to explain anything crypto to people in real life, and now their is no way i will want to talk about it or even be involved in it at all anymore.
i am extremely sad at the moment
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 03:11:52 AM

they take 100% diehards like me and ruin their love for crypto by taking away everything ive saved
its hard enough to explain anything crypto to people in real life, and now their is no way i will want to talk about it or even be involved in it at all anymore.
i am extremely sad at the moment

Don't let a scammer ruin things for you. I know this is difficult to deal with for now but you will be alright. Smiley
For example many people lost everything because of Mt. Gox. Some committed suicide but luckily most survived.

There are far more important things in life than ~6 bitcoin.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12985

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 03:12:23 AM

If something like BIP 47 (Reusable Payment Codes) was used, then your wallet could warn you every time you're sending money to someone new. This'd probably make phishing a lot more difficult. (I think that probably the particulars of BIP 47 are not quite optimal, though.)

The payment protocol already uses HTTPS to some extent. Does it handle EV certs very well? I'm not sure (I haven't looked into it a lot). Though I don't like the CA architecture too much.

Also, Sirius created identifi.org for helping with the trust issue. Dunno how popular/useful it is.

In general, it'd be good to add more trust/identity features to the Bitcoin ecosystem at the wallet level. Though this should be done in a way that doesn't compromise anonymity, fungibility, censorship-resistance, etc.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: