Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:31:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Libertarianism was created by big business lobbyists  (Read 23901 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2012, 04:31:05 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2012, 04:42:57 AM by myrkul

Perhaps you should ask yourself, which one would you rather be? Wink

The bird.

I see... So the bird is now a metaphor for poor Myrkul? What was that link you posted earlier, accusing others of changing the goalposts? Roll Eyes

You asked a question, I answered it. Do you have a problem?

Then let me rephrase:
Is it still murder if you kill a murderer?

Depends upon the conditions, of course, since the very word "murder" implys an unjust killing.
Indeed. I would consider counter-trolling to be fighting fire with fire. Killing the murderer, while he is in the act of attempting murder. NAP as applied to forum behavior. If you initiate trolling, you should not be surprised, nor complain, if you get trolled back.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 04:33:53 PM

Perhaps you should ask yourself, which one would you rather be? Wink

The bird.

I see... So the bird is now a metaphor for poor Myrkul? What was that link you posted earlier, accusing others of changing the goalposts? Roll Eyes

You asked a question, I answered it. Do you have a problem?

Then let me rephrase:

Depends upon the conditions, of course, since the very word "murder" implys an unjust killing.
Indeed. I would consider counter-trolling to be fighting fire with fire. Killing the murderer, while he is in the act of attempting murder. NAP as applied to forum behavior. If you initiate trolling, you should not be surprised, no complain, if you get trolled back.

I'm sorry. I could have sworn that just ignoring the troll's thread was also a viable option. By entering the thread to counter troll, you would appear to be purposefully escalating the situation. As I understand it, purposeful escalation runs contrary to the NAP.

Alternatively, you could abandon your shitty principles and live a free life unencumbered by dogma.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 11:04:04 PM

Then let me rephrase:

Indeed. I would consider counter-trolling to be fighting fire with fire. Killing the murderer, while he is in the act of attempting murder. NAP as applied to forum behavior. If you initiate trolling, you should not be surprised, no complain, if you get trolled back.

I do see your point here, and I actually do agree.  However, I must point out that our resident Krugman fan is correct; it's still better to not feed the troll, even if you have the right to respond in kind.  Trolls are often only after the joy of causing an emotional response, and ignoring them simply removes the reward for this activity.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2012, 11:50:49 PM

Then let me rephrase:

Indeed. I would consider counter-trolling to be fighting fire with fire. Killing the murderer, while he is in the act of attempting murder. NAP as applied to forum behavior. If you initiate trolling, you should not be surprised, nor complain, if you get trolled back.

I do see your point here, and I actually do agree.  However, I must point out that our resident Krugman fan is correct; it's still better to not feed the troll, even if you have the right to respond in kind.  Trolls are often only after the joy of causing an emotional response, and ignoring them simply removes the reward for this activity.

Indeed, simply ignoring them is the moral "high road," and will, in the long term, cause them to stop, or at least greatly reduce, this sort of behavior. But counter-trolling works just as well, if not better, and is a lot more fun.

Tit-for-tat, after all, calls for response-in-kind.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2012, 01:38:12 AM

I think I'm going to try out MoonShadow's "just ignore the asshat" tactic... Which should be easy, since I have wawahwah on ignore.

Rudd-O

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2012, 04:39:52 AM

Hahaha!  "wahwahwah", fits the character like a glove.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24]  All
  Print  

Jump to: