Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:42:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn - Your views on Syria  (Read 622 times)
practicaldreamer (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 10:32:28 PM

PracticalDreamer,

On Thursday David Cameron set out his case in the House of Commons for a UK bombing campaign in Syria.

We have all been horrified by the despicable attacks in Paris and are determined to see ISIS defeated.

The issue now is whether what the Prime Minister is proposing strengthens, or undermines, our national security.

I put a series of questions in response to the Prime Minister's statement, raising concerns about his case that are on the minds of many in the country. You can read my response here.

There could not be a more important matter than whether British forces are sent to war.

As early as next week, MPs could be asked to vote on extending UK bombing to Syria.

I do not believe that the Prime Minister made a convincing case that British air strikes on Syria would strengthen our national security or reduce the threat from ISIS.

When I was elected I said I wanted Labour to become a more inclusive and democratic party.

So I am writing to consult you on what you think Britain should do. Should Parliament vote to authorise the bombing of Syria?

Let me know your views, if you are able to, by the start of next week.

Yours,

Jeremy Corbyn MP
Leader of the Labour Party

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 11:24:25 PM

islamic state has:

declared war on us
beheaded british subjects
tried attacking the uk 17 times this year
attacked our ally america (draw mohammed cartoon event)
attacked our ally france
downed a civilian plane
flooded us with jihadists masquerading as refugees

and this piece of shit says there is no case for bombing them because he doesnt believe violence solves anything, but he had no problem supporting the ira for 20 years, fuck these britain hating marxist traitors, there were good reasons for not wanting to bomb assad and the country and parliament rightly didn't go along with it, there are no good reasons for not wanting to kill isis

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
reyhiesa

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 07:38:00 AM

Is Cameron planning to attack ISIS, or just using that as a pretext to attack the Syrian government? And even if the plan is to attack ISIS, is bombing the Middle East even more going to help? I'm not saying force won't be needed to handle IS, but doing that without dealing with why it came to be in the first place is counterproductive. Bombing them and letting Turkey, Saudi Arabia and others continue to fund extremists, will make it likely some other group comes up after ISIS. And not rebuilding neighboring societies and their economies ensures there is always a pool of people desperate enough to join them as soldiers.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████              █
█████     ███       ███
█████     ████      ████
█████     █████     █████
█████     ████████████████████
█████     ████████████████████
 ██████           ██████
   █████▄       ▄█████
     ███████████████
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Start 1st ICO : SEPT 27 - 60 DAYS
▬▬▬ JOIN NOW ! ▬▬▬
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████
  ▐█████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
  ▐████████████      ██████▌
  ▐███████████▌   ▄▄▄██████▌
  ▐███████████    █████████▌
  ▐████████▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██████▌
  ▐████████          ██████▌
  ▐███████████    █████████▌
   ███████████    █████████
    ▀█████████    ███████▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 03:15:03 PM

Is Cameron planning to attack ISIS, or just using that as a pretext to attack the Syrian government? And even if the plan is to attack ISIS, is bombing the Middle East even more going to help? I'm not saying force won't be needed to handle IS, but doing that without dealing with why it came to be in the first place is counterproductive. Bombing them and letting Turkey, Saudi Arabia and others continue to fund extremists, will make it likely some other group comes up after ISIS. And not rebuilding neighboring societies and their economies ensures there is always a pool of people desperate enough to join them as soldiers.

Exactly, Corbyn wants to get rid of ISIS just as much as Cameron. He just thinks that indiscriminate air strikes may not be the best option, and may in fact be counterproductive to the safety of the UK. I'm inclined to agree with him.

After all, are most terrorist attacks are carried out by native radicalised muslims, not terrorists fighting abroad. I wouldn't be surprised if bombing Syrian targets will result in more home-grown muslim extremists.

Unfortunately too many people (like saddampbuh) think that we can just bomb our problems away and everything will be OK again. The history of the relations between many Middle Eastern countries and the West suggests otherwise.
J. J. Phillips

Activity: 518

Islam and Nazism are belief systems, not races.

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 04:03:32 PM

Unfortunately too many people (like saddampbuh) think that we can just bomb our problems away and everything will be OK again. The history of the relations between many Middle Eastern countries and the West suggests otherwise.

To be fair, I don't think saddampbuh thinks the UK can "bomb [their] problems away and everything will be OK again." From his previous postings I think he thinks the problems in the UK are due to immigration policies over decades. The way the problems could have been avoided would've been by listening to Enoch Powell in the 1960s. Admittedly, Powell's so-called Rivers-of-Blood speech has turned out to be quite prophetic.

And, to be clear, I'm definitely no fan of saddampbuh. He's well-informed and often right, but then he always ends up saying it's-the-fault-of-the-Jews -- something I definitely, vehemently disagree with. In fact, I'll bet he still thinks I'm an evil Jew and my current post is part of a very sneaky trick.

Anyway, after  decades of importing Muslims determined to impose Shariah law (one nation, under Allah, with Burkas and Beheadings for all!), there's only one way to avoid these kinds of problems in the U.K. Get the fuck out of the U.K. Same goes for France, Belgium, Germany, Sweden, The Netherlands, and so on.

By the way, if the likes of Cameron or Corbyn ever try to flee what they've helped create, every reasonable country on Earth should respond: fuck you, live and die with it.

If Israel is destroyed, I will devote the rest of my life to the extermination of the human species. Any species that goes down this road again less than 100 years after the holocaust needs to be fucking wiped out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Affair_of_the_Gang_of_Barbarians
Ilan Halimi: tortured and murdered in France by barbarian Jew haters who'd be very comfortable here at bitcointalk.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 06:59:35 PM

I don't know whether the Brits bombing the ISIS will be having any effect at all. The Americans have been conducting their sham bombings for more than two years now. The Russians and the French have been bombing the ISIS for more than a month now. Still, the ISIS seems to be strong and they are committing more and more atrocities. Only the ground forces will be able to defeat the ISIS.
vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 07:04:47 PM

Not my favourite Person,But,He spoke a lot of truth. Now Mr Corbyn take your head out of your backside and support any effort that destroys Isis before they run riot everywhere and the start must be air strikes..

Snipe85

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Infleum

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 07:05:16 PM

They should join France and Russia. Isis is a bunch of murderers and sociopaths and should be destroyed.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 07:09:04 PM

They should join France and Russia.

Why should they join the French and the Russian anti-ISIS missions? The Brits are one of the most important allies of the United States, and if they decide to conduct their own anti-ISIS air strikes, then it will be done in tandem with the Americans. And since the British-Russian relations are frosty right now, I don't think that a joint operation with Russia is possible.
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 09:49:16 PM

not exactly. i am the first person to call out bullshit western foreign policy. disagreed with bombing serbia, iraq, libya and the 2012 attempt at regime change in syria because those countries were not at war with us. i agree with bombing isis because it has attacked us and for no other reason. if you don't approve of killing someone who is trying to kill you you are a pacifist or a coward.

And, to be clear, I'm definitely no fan of saddampbuh. He's well-informed and often right, but then he always ends up saying it's-the-fault-of-the-Jews -- something I definitely, vehemently disagree with.
countries that don't have jews are not being flooded with blacks and muslims, hopefully someday you will make the connection

I don't know whether the Brits bombing the ISIS will be having any effect at all.
the disgrace of it is it probably wont make a damn of difference. we've sold half our air force and navy for scrap to raise cash for foreign aid and refugees and they're saying we MIGHT be able to scrape together another 6 tornadoes if we're lucky.

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: