Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:06:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should there be a limit to how many times you can post a day?  (Read 2755 times)
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 10:55:37 PM

I'm glad you feel this way. That is why a special lady is now unbanned.  Grin

If you don't like her, my recommendation is to put her on ignore. Just like how I put Gleb on ignore.
The way that I feel is pretty similar to the way that it works. You can feel free to ask any staff member.
Also, thank you for bringing up a completely irrelevant subject. Try to come up with something relevant to the topic at hand, especially when talking about off topic posters.

I don't mind posting like this. Lauda minds though, so I'm speaking for Lauda.
You either misunderstood or you're deliberately trying to be awkward. By the way you've tried to call out Lauda for essentially nothing before it looks that you have a bit of a grudge on them for some reason.
Talking about the forum or Bitcoin its self is no problem as long as what you're talking about has some relevance. Hence why posts like this are allowed, hence why the entire Meta section exists. Going to the Off Topic section and posting on 'What drink did you last drink' every day to boost your post count is not adding to anything whatsoever, as no one cares about what you post there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fwdxlsh (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 10:58:17 PM

If you don't like her, my recommendation is to put her on ignore. Just like how I put Gleb on ignore.
The way that I feel is pretty similar to the way that it works. You can feel free to ask any staff member.
Also, thank you for bringing up a completely irrelevant subject. Try to come up with something relevant to the topic at hand, especially when talking about off topic posters.

You either misunderstood or you're deliberately trying to be awkward. By the way you've tried to call out Lauda for essentially nothing before it looks that you have a bit of a grudge on them for some reason.
Talking about the forum or Bitcoin its self is no problem as long as what you're talking about has some relevance. Hence why posts like this are allowed, hence why the entire Meta section exists. Going to the Off Topic section and posting on 'What drink did you last drink' every day to boost your post count is not adding to anything whatsoever, as no one cares about what you post there.
I'm sorry you upset with me. Let's try to be civil.

God is able. God is good.  Grin I don't understand. I care for this community. Do what you can to help the community, for I am helping. We are strong when we are together as family coming up with ways to make this site better. Grin
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 12:13:12 AM

God is able. God is good.  Grin I don't understand. I care for this community. Do what you can to help the community, for I am helping. We are strong when we are together as family coming up with ways to make this site better. Grin

Actually some people hurt more then they help on being a member of the community.   With how you have threads in meta and lock them.  Post in huge font, or calling out Lauda.... you are just not really helping.

If you want to help bitcoin community I suggest leaving meta alone for a while.    I think it's best for all.  This thread will go no where, they are not going to limit posts.  And there are valid points for not doing it to.
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 12:29:07 AM

God is able. God is good.  Grin I don't understand. I care for this community. Do what you can to help the community, for I am helping. We are strong when we are together as family coming up with ways to make this site better. Grin

Actually some people hurt more then they help on being a member of the community.   With how you have threads in meta and lock them.  Post in huge font, or calling out Lauda.... you are just not really helping.

If you want to help bitcoin community I suggest leaving meta alone for a while.    I think it's best for all.  This thread will go no where, they are not going to limit posts.  And there are valid points for not doing it to.
Oh I'm sorry that you think I'm not helping. I'm doing the best that I can though. You know it is only because I am caring of this community. I am trying.

Trying in itself is good. I do try a lot. I try all the time in this institution. And I pray. Oh my god, I pray. I pray every single day for revolution.

I am sorry. I tried as hard as I could to help. I really am trying, but I was hoping that I was appreciated. At least I see that some people do appreciate me and my efforts.  Cheesy
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 01:00:38 AM

.... least I see that some people do appreciate me and my efforts.  Cheesy

I think you are reading some of these posts wrong.  Where are you seeing people who are appreciative for your postings?

I honestly don't think there are any out there.   All I'm thankful for is you stopped using bold and massive font, guessing mods had something to do with this.
zivone

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 01:06:49 AM

This user is really rude and spreading too much hate.
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 01:16:52 AM

This user is really rude and spreading too much hate.
What did I say that seemed like hatred? I do genuinely feel apologetic about it, but I don't mean to hurt anyone.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 10:40:31 AM

There are already post time restrictions for newbies and mostly only newbies spam the forum while others who spam get reported and then banned. By restricting them to post few times a day is meaningless. Until and unless they are posting meaningfull posts, they don't need to be restricted (There are senior members managing campaigns and other sites here and they would need to make many posts a day. It would be unfair to them if they have any restriction on posting).
Lauda said he wants people to stop posting so much if it has no relevance to Bitcoin. He also said that posting in off-topic is bad, and implied that anyone posting a lot in off-topic should be banned.

I was just trying to help with some kind of idea, but I understand where you're coming from.

Then what about Politics & Society? Does religion and other controversial topics have anything to do with bitcoin? Then why do we have these sections which aren't related to bitcoin? Answer is obvious because people should be able to discuss what they want in those topics. I don't agree with Lauda but I do agree that users do spam there. However, since those sections are excluded from most signature campaigns, people who spam there are either interested in posting there or they are just trolling.

Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 10:49:05 AM

There are already post time restrictions for newbies and mostly only newbies spam the forum while others who spam get reported and then banned. By restricting them to post few times a day is meaningless. Until and unless they are posting meaningfull posts, they don't need to be restricted (There are senior members managing campaigns and other sites here and they would need to make many posts a day. It would be unfair to them if they have any restriction on posting).
Lauda said he wants people to stop posting so much if it has no relevance to Bitcoin. He also said that posting in off-topic is bad, and implied that anyone posting a lot in off-topic should be banned.

I was just trying to help with some kind of idea, but I understand where you're coming from.

Then what about Politics & Society? Does religion and other controversial topics have anything to do with bitcoin? Then why do we have these sections which aren't related to bitcoin? Answer is obvious because people should be able to discuss what they want in those topics. I don't agree with Lauda but I do agree that users do spam there. However, since those sections are excluded from most signature campaigns, people who spam there are either interested in posting there or they are just trolling.
Exactly.

Lauda is not understanding this way of thinking. Also, we need that off topic forum to entice people that don't know of Bitcoin into the forum. Diversity in people is a big step in having Bitcoin grow.
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 10:56:33 AM

Exactly.

Lauda is not understanding this way of thinking. Also, we need that off topic forum to entice people that don't know of Bitcoin into the forum. Diversity in people is a big step in having Bitcoin grow.
Posts in Politics and society are constructive posts, while the ones Lauda is probably talking about are posts in "How long have you logged in" or "What was the last drink you drank" etc, there the posts are highly non-constructive which are mostly made for farming account or getting paid from signature campaign while doing the least amount of work.
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:00:46 AM

Exactly.

Posts in Politics and society are constructive posts, while the ones Lauda is probably talking about are posts in "How long have you logged in" or "What was the last drink you drank" etc, there the posts are highly non-constructive which are mostly made for farming account or getting paid from signature campaign while doing the least amount of work.
They are non constructive, but why does every statement have to be extremely constructive?

The off topic forum is already laid back. We should keep it laid back. While we're at it, we should cancel posts made in off topic from ever being counted as a paid post for people with signature campaigns.

I think that's a good idea. Because Lauda is very upset about that, and I don't enjoy when staff is upset.
mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:03:35 AM

They are non constructive, but why does every statement have to be extremely constructive?
Because spam is supposed to be moderated.
While we're at it, we should cancel posts made in off topic from ever being counted as a paid post for people with signature campaigns.
I believe that was sarcasm in your post, but I am in support of not showing signature in Off-topic board, that would hugely reduce non-constructive signature spam.
I think that's a good idea. Because Lauda is very upset about that, and I don't enjoy when staff is upset.
Sarcasm it was.
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:08:11 AM

Because spam is supposed to be moderated.
While we're at it, we should cancel posts made in off topic from ever being counted as a paid post for people with signature campaigns.
I believe that was sarcasm in your post, but I am in support of not showing signature in Off-topic board, that would hugely reduce non-constructive signature spam.
Sarcasm it was.

Actually, I wasn't being sarcastic. I think signatures shouldn't be counted in off topic. I'm serious.
mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:10:13 AM

Actually, I wasn't being sarcastic. I think signatures shouldn't be counted in off topic. I'm serious.
Ah well thats something only the admins can inforce, and AFAIK they will not bother with it. You should make a new thread in "New forum software" if you'd like to see it on the new forum though, if it gains enough support from members it might be included in the list of coming features.
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:13:44 AM

Ah well thats something only the admins can inforce, and AFAIK they will not bother with it. You should make a new thread in "New forum software" if you'd like to see it on the new forum though, if it gains enough support from members it might be included in the list of coming features.
Okay thank you. I also want some other features getting passed, but I don't know if you want to hear them. Do you?

Edit: your signature is lovely.
mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:16:58 AM

Okay thank you. I also want some other features getting passed, but I don't know if you want to hear them. Do you?

Edit: your signature is lovely.
Well if it is interesting and doable, why not? List them here and I'll have a look.
And thanks, well not good enough I'd say , searching for another noteworthy "news" to put up on my signature.
Proxiebuier

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:20:17 AM

@Fwdxlsh i want to ask you
should there be a limit to how many times you can send your bitcoin a day ?  Roll Eyes
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:26:34 AM

should there be a limit to how many times you can send your bitcoin a day ?  Roll Eyes

No, but I think there should be a limit to how many people use emoticons.

They make me uncomfortable. And there should be a limit to how many people make a sarcastic comment a day. I think we should go on a first come first serve basis for who gets to make the first and only 20 sarcastic comments for the day, then the people that don't make the cut will just have to check in earlier tomorrow to get an opportunity to post a sarcastic comment.

Now that's sarcasm, Mexxer.
mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:28:10 AM

I think we should go on a first come first serve basis for who gets to make the first and only 20 sarcastic comments for the day, then the people that don't make the cut will just have to check in earlier tomorrow to get an opportunity to post a sarcastic comment.

Heh.

How about not posting irrelevant posts with a paid signature?
Proxiebuier

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:31:59 AM

I think we should go on a first come first serve basis for who gets to make the first and only 20 sarcastic comments for the day, then the people that don't make the cut will just have to check in earlier tomorrow to get an opportunity to post a sarcastic comment.

Heh.
should there be a limit to how many times you can send your bitcoin a day ?  Roll Eyes

How about not posting irrelevant posts with a paid signature?

ohh sorry if im wrong , I want to compare the concept of freedom in the bitcoin
i can delete that coment if my posting irrelevant with topic

do you want me to delete that coment ?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: