Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:11:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should there be a limit to how many times you can post a day?  (Read 2755 times)
Fwdxlsh (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 11:59:56 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2015, 04:09:31 AM by Fwdxlsh

And when I say that, this is a proposal where the site has automatic scripting where the website just simply refuses to let you post a certain amount of times per day.

There is a two-four week waiting period for only a certain amount of posts to be counted into your activity.

This guy has 325 posts and 476 potential activity, if you don't know what this means then read the stickied threads here... To make things simple for you he could spam another 150 posts and get another 150 activity on 1 day (before the ban he won +85 activities in 3 hours)

If they have a signature campaign, it'll be a different situation.
NO! it will simply be worse!

If they do and they're posting more than 30-60 posts a day, this should constitute into a ban.
NO! if your posts are constructive you will not be banned for posting 60 posts.

-snip-
Hey Worhiper, the lock button please.
Well then.

The scripting of the website should be smarter then. As far as I am concerned, it is more than possible to simply code the website in a way where you cannot post a certain amount of times per day, or you cannot gain a certain amount of activity in a week. The automatic posting delay for new accounts is in full effect, which indicates that the possibility of placing that proposal into effect as well is more than possible.

I don't understand. If you don't like a user, it is best to just place them on ignore instead of antagonizing them. The only time you should post about a user is when they're doing an act or posting comments that are questionable. To me, this is not an issue. They haven't done anything too terrible. I don't recall of there being a rule that you are not allowed to post a certain amount of times per day. If there is a rule, please show me it.

You all just want to antagonize this user, and I will not condone this behavior. Other than posting that red text repeatedly, they're doing nothing wrong.

For some reason, this user has been fed overall incorrect information. Here, I have given him the proper information.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495948.0

Just a quick PSA to anyone that is annoyed by somebody's posts: it is best to just place them on ignore instead of antagonizing them. I did that with Quickseller, Vod, Gleb Gamow, jacee, dogie, Hariom, and some other people/trolls. If there's no proof that they're doing anything too terrible and you talk negatively about them, then you dislike them on a personal level. Which means it is best to just ignore them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 12:08:27 AM

Definitely no. Such suggestions will never be enforced. I'll let someone else explain it to you (which probably won't help anyways).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
h0w8rd

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 12:19:33 AM

why would you limit them? if it's spam then you can, but if the post are legit and it's helpful, won't that defeat the purpose of a forum?
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 12:37:09 AM

Can you stop posting controversial shitthreads then locking them when they don't go your way.

Hariom

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 03:36:58 AM

Can you stop posting controversial shitthreads then locking them when they don't go your way.

Correct.. This guy is posting many shit threads..
Instead of posting such type of threads again and again why dont you PM to a staff member like Cyrus or hilariousandco they reply very fast.
And If u keep making such threads again and again with silly questions IT IS CONSIDERED TO BE SPAM !!
you are making so many threads to draw people's attention towards you.
Dont Do that mate!
enthus

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 04:44:44 AM

Definitely no. Such suggestions will never be enforced. I'll let someone else explain it to you (which probably won't help anyways).
I agree.
It will cause havoc, no doubt about this.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 09:08:51 AM

[ b]And when I say that, this is a proposal where the site has automatic scripting where the website just simply refuses to let you post a certain amount of times per day. [/b]
-snip-

Its already in palce. I can at most make one post per 4 seconds or 21,600 posts per day. A newbie account would need to wait 360 seconds between posts so a max of 240 posts per day.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Maddinson100

Activity: 363
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 09:29:26 AM

Well, such limits arent needed.
GannickusX

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 11:27:53 AM

And what would that do? Spammers will still spam and it's not like they post 50 posts a day so the restriction would be meaningless. Spammers are already getting banned anyways so why would we enforce a limit? I haven't seen anyone posting more than 30 posts a day anyways so what would the limit be then, 15-20?
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 11:41:00 AM

Definitely not, it will be a stupid limitation (in a normal forum an user can post how much post he wants).
krunox123

Activity: 756

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 12:46:38 PM

A forum that has the rule where you are limited to only post {insert number here} posts per day is just ridiculous.
Because you cannot control how much post a user want to post in a day. The forum will "dead". By dead, I mean many user will start to migrate to other forum.
Because I've joined some forum with post limitation in the past, and all of them(the forum) are now nowhere to be seen.

Isn't this limitation will destroy the purpose of a forum?

Life sucks.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 01:45:00 PM

stupidest decision ever, it's just like limiting how much sex can you have while you are doing it
krunox123

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 03:07:18 PM

stupidest decision ever, it's just like limiting how much sex can you have while you are doing it
I had to agree with this. Kiss
OP, is there a reason why you want this to be implemented, other than to reduce the amount of spam?

Life sucks.
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 07:09:05 PM

OP, is there a reason why you want this to be implemented, other than to reduce the amount of spam?
I never said that. Read my third post in this thread. I'll make it bold if you want.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 07:21:19 PM

I never said that. Read my third post in this thread. I'll make it bold if you want.

That is your third post in this thread.

Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 07:44:13 PM

I believe it's a negative decision as well, but I'd never actually recommend it. I'm just making the proposal to see what other people will say about it.

I'm happy that everyone is saying no.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 12:45:39 AM

This would not be good for a forum in my opinion. Aren't we a decentralized, free movement and then you put a post limitations to the main forum of this free and decentralized movement.

Plain dumb if you ask me!
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 01:27:03 AM

This would not be good for a forum in my opinion. Aren't we a decentralized, free movement and then you put a post limitations to the main forum of this free and decentralized movement.

Plain dumb if you ask me!
I do not condone this though.
krunox123

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 02:21:01 AM

I don't believe in having a post restriction. I am just posting this because some other members sort of implied they wanted that, so I wanted to have everyone see what they honestly believe when it comes to that proposal.

I want to post as much as I please, without feeling victimized for it. As long as what I post is related to the topic I post in, it should never be such a big deal. And as long as it is clear that I'm attempting to be constructive, again, it should be no big deal.

The off topic section should be deleted though. That's for sure. This way, we can keep the site boring, stuck up and professional
I believe no one want this post restriction to be implemented.
Why you want the off-topic section to be deleted. Why?

Life sucks.
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 06:49:33 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2015, 11:30:36 PM by Fwdxlsh

I believe no one want this post restriction to be implemented.
Why you want the off-topic section to be deleted. Why?

I wanted to ask if any of you think the off topic forum should be deleted. Lauda said he doesn't appreciate people that post too much in the off topic forum, where a majority of their post statistics confirm they mostly post in the off-topic forum. Lauda said this is a site that is focused on Bitcoin. For the record, I personally do not recommend this, only because we need diversity here, and having the off-topic section will entice more people to join BitcoinTalk. Those diverse members will eventually learn about Bitcoin.

What do you think? Vote now.

Go to the thread to see that quote.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 08:41:54 PM

Please. Stop spamming the forum. I've seen your name enough times authoring so many shitposts to last me a lifetime.

There really shouldn't, because done people actually contribute to the forum, instead of spam it. I just guess we'll have to live with spammers.

Koff koff

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
tarsua

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 09:49:03 PM

no, your idea is stupid, what about small website owners who use bitcointalk as a communication hub?
Should they wait untill the day finishes to reply to queries if they have posted the limit already?
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 10:41:04 PM

no, your idea is stupid, what about small website owners who use bitcointalk as a communication hub?
Should they wait untill the day finishes to reply to queries if they have posted the limit already?
Technically it is my idea, but I am not condoning it.

Also, you didn't have to use the term "stupid". English is not my first language, but I do believe that is a rude word to use.
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 10:42:22 PM

Please. Stop spamming the forum. I've seen your name enough times authoring so many shitposts to last me a lifetime.

There really shouldn't, because done people actually contribute to the forum, instead of spam it. I just guess we'll have to live with spammers.

Koff koff
I guess spam means "posting a lot" to you. With that being said, maybe a post restriction is your best bet.

Either way, I am placing you on ignore for the rudeness.
GannickusX

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:08:02 PM

Koff koff
I guess spam means "posting a lot" to you. With that being said, maybe a post restriction is your best bet.

Well generally when you talk about spam here means someone who posts a lot of non constructive posts. What tarsua said it's a pretty valid point too. Site owners will often post a lot in the same thread to communicate with their users.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 03:03:33 AM

Koff koff

Well generally when you talk about spam here means someone who posts a lot of non constructive posts. What tarsua said it's a pretty valid point too. Site owners will often post a lot in the same thread to communicate with their users.

If I do recall correctly, the meaning of constructive from the English language is doing actions that can help people. In this case I am creating a way to possibly stop people who post a lot. In the OP, I quoted somebody that didn't appreciate somebody posting a lot. So, I came up with the idea of a post restriction.

I would say that is me being constructive. Unfortunately, your idea of constructive and my idea of it would be different. That doesn't mean that I deserve to be insulted. Insulting people would be trolling them, which I do not condone. If you don't appreciate my posts, it doesn't make sense to continue reading them, which means they only click on them to upset me. With that being said, I have placed those people on ignore.

The board is not your parent.  Should it stop after X post... no as some are very active and do have useful posts.   It has things to prevent just pure spam such as posting limits with time in between.  This is something good as chances are after a few you are reported and deleted.

Do I wish the board would stop you from posting in huge bold font?  Yes I do... but they leave it open in case there is a good use of it.  FYI your using to big of font, and bold on post's that don't need it.
lama-hunter

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 03:51:59 AM

No  Wink Because there should always be an Job for an Admin i guess  Grin Anyways maybe there should be an Block Modus for Users they are simply posting to much.
I mean about 500 posts a Day cannot be normal but io dont know what other people are doing Cheesy

regards
lama-hunter
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 03:57:32 AM

It depends on the limit but I don't like the idea. Honest users like me sometime post a lot in one day because there's a great thread with plenty of replies back and forth. Or we may simply have more free time.

However I can see how a high limit can be introduced, above 50-75 posts for example, not sure if that will actually help but you know. Like others have said, it's a job for moderators, spammers will spam no matter what...
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 07:36:58 AM

Koff koff

If I do recall correctly, the meaning of constructive from the English language is doing actions that can help people. In this case I am creating a way to possibly stop people who post a lot. In the OP, I quoted somebody that didn't appreciate somebody posting a lot. So, I came up with the idea of a post restriction.

I would say that is me being constructive. Unfortunately, your idea of constructive and my idea of it would be different. That doesn't mean that I deserve to be insulted. Insulting people would be trolling them, which I do not condone. If you don't appreciate my posts, it doesn't make sense to continue reading them, which means they only click on them to upset me. With that being said, I have placed those people on ignore.

The board is not your parent.  Should it stop after X post... no as some are very active and do have useful posts.   It has things to prevent just pure spam such as posting limits with time in between.  This is something good as chances are after a few you are reported and deleted.

Do I wish the board would stop you from posting in huge bold font?  Yes I do... but they leave it open in case there is a good use of it.  FYI your using to big of font, and bold on post's that don't need it.
If you do not appreciate the way I type sometimes, it is just best to leave me be. If it was so wrong to use, they wouldn't give us the option.

My past posts that are like this have never been deleted. Until they are all deleted, I can assume posting in bold text is against the rules. But that wouldn't make sense when there is no rule book here. It is not even in the unofficial rules at BitcoinTalk. Don't worry though; I only do this when it seems as though people are not seeing my perfectly fine explanations. Not to say that this will help them understand them, but it'll definitely help them see them.

The posting in massive bold font is not really a good thing.  They cannot have a rule as some posts use it to their advantages like sections or titles, etc.  But just to type a massive post in big font so it sticks out is not the right reason.

Just that past are still there is not a good thing to prove it's ok.  Likely it means just no one reported them.  I would be suprised if you get to keep on posting with huge font.  But I guess I don't write the rules so I could be wrong.

Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 11:29:14 PM

Koff koff

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 02:13:29 AM

Koff koff

I think a lot of ideas of good posts and yours are different.  How many posts have you done in huge font mods have went through and fixed?  One could argue that is wasting mods time. 

Number of posts is such a individual thing.  I'm normally on it all day some are on 10 minutes a day.  You can not really say X number of posts is max good posts.   As some have good posts, and others are utter crap.

You should still be seeing it but the timer is one of the best things to stop crap posts.  It makes it where you have to wait to post on lower accounts.  This makes perfect sense and stops someone from being able to spam in every forum.  Normally it's caught in just a few.
PolarPoint

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 02:18:18 AM

I can see where this is coming from. It's to stop spamming. It's not going to work, people can buy accounts and they have double post quota.
GannickusX

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 04:38:58 PM

I can see where this is coming from. It's to stop spamming. It's not going to work, people can buy accounts and they have double post quota.

The idea is stupid, it's not going to stop spamming, say the limit is 30 posts, not many people do 30 posts per day. Someone who spams everyday will still spam, he wont even notice the limit because he does not post more than 30 posts a day. The only way to stop spam is to have a few mods or people searching for spammers everyday, ban sig campaigns like yobit or give them a warning to do something about their spammers.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 07:29:50 PM

There are already post time restrictions for newbies and mostly only newbies spam the forum while others who spam get reported and then banned. By restricting them to post few times a day is meaningless. Until and unless they are posting meaningfull posts, they don't need to be restricted (There are senior members managing campaigns and other sites here and they would need to make many posts a day. It would be unfair to them if they have any restriction on posting).

Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 09:27:28 PM

There are already post time restrictions for newbies and mostly only newbies spam the forum while others who spam get reported and then banned. By restricting them to post few times a day is meaningless. Until and unless they are posting meaningfull posts, they don't need to be restricted (There are senior members managing campaigns and other sites here and they would need to make many posts a day. It would be unfair to them if they have any restriction on posting).
Lauda said he wants people to stop posting so much if it has no relevance to Bitcoin. He also said that posting in off-topic is bad, and implied that anyone posting a lot in off-topic should be banned.

I was just trying to help with some kind of idea, but I understand where you're coming from.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 10:23:08 PM

Lauda said he wants people to stop posting so much if it has no relevance to Bitcoin.
Which is true, especially so if the user has a paid signature. If all of your contributions to the forum is just spamming in Off Topic you shouldn't be here.

He also said that posting in off-topic is bad, and implied that anyone posting a lot in off-topic should be banned.
This is dependent. Accounts such as Gleb's and Phinnaeus's have a large amount of posts in Off Topic, but they have provided enough elsewhere to the forums to warrant it. Users that do nothing but spam in Off Topic shouldn't be here.

I was just trying to help with some kind of idea, but I understand where you're coming from.
It's not too great of an idea, similar to a lot of your others. It isn't about how much you post per day, it's about the quality of the posts made.
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 10:39:11 PM

Lauda said he wants people to stop posting so much if it has no relevance to Bitcoin.
Which is true, especially so if the user has a paid signature. If all of your contributions to the forum is just spamming in Off Topic you shouldn't be here.

He also said that posting in off-topic is bad, and implied that anyone posting a lot in off-topic should be banned.
This is dependent. Accounts such as Gleb's and Phinnaeus's have a large amount of posts in Off Topic, but they have provided enough elsewhere to the forums to warrant it. Users that do nothing but spam in Off Topic shouldn't be here.

It's not too great of an idea, similar to a lot of your others. It isn't about how much you post per day, it's about the quality of the posts made.
I'm glad you feel this way. That is why a special lady is now unbanned.  Grin

If you don't like her, my recommendation is to put her on ignore. Just like how I put Gleb on ignore.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 10:42:00 PM

Definitely NOT!
The moderators, administrators and staff are the users that post the most, and they need to post this amount to keep on top of their work!
So a ban would stop the forum from functioning properly.

Also: people would migrate to sites like Reddit and other forums.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 10:44:15 PM

Lauda said he wants people to stop posting so much if it has no relevance to Bitcoin. He also said that posting in off-topic is bad, and implied that anyone posting a lot in off-topic should be banned.

This doesn't actually relate to Bitcoin! Does it? So if you are tired of people posting about topics not relevant to Bitcoin, don't post ones yourself that don't relate to Bitcoin!
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 10:50:41 PM

This doesn't actually relate to Bitcoin! Does it? So if you are tired of people posting about topics not relevant to Bitcoin, don't post ones yourself that don't relate to Bitcoin!
You posted in this thread, and your post wasn't related to Bitcoin.

I don't mind posting like this. Lauda minds though, so I'm speaking for Lauda.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 10:55:37 PM

If you don't like her, my recommendation is to put her on ignore. Just like how I put Gleb on ignore.
The way that I feel is pretty similar to the way that it works. You can feel free to ask any staff member.
Also, thank you for bringing up a completely irrelevant subject. Try to come up with something relevant to the topic at hand, especially when talking about off topic posters.

You either misunderstood or you're deliberately trying to be awkward. By the way you've tried to call out Lauda for essentially nothing before it looks that you have a bit of a grudge on them for some reason.
Talking about the forum or Bitcoin its self is no problem as long as what you're talking about has some relevance. Hence why posts like this are allowed, hence why the entire Meta section exists. Going to the Off Topic section and posting on 'What drink did you last drink' every day to boost your post count is not adding to anything whatsoever, as no one cares about what you post there.
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 10:58:17 PM

The way that I feel is pretty similar to the way that it works. You can feel free to ask any staff member.
Also, thank you for bringing up a completely irrelevant subject. Try to come up with something relevant to the topic at hand, especially when talking about off topic posters.

You either misunderstood or you're deliberately trying to be awkward. By the way you've tried to call out Lauda for essentially nothing before it looks that you have a bit of a grudge on them for some reason.
Talking about the forum or Bitcoin its self is no problem as long as what you're talking about has some relevance. Hence why posts like this are allowed, hence why the entire Meta section exists. Going to the Off Topic section and posting on 'What drink did you last drink' every day to boost your post count is not adding to anything whatsoever, as no one cares about what you post there.
I'm sorry you upset with me. Let's try to be civil.

God is able. God is good.  Grin I don't understand. I care for this community. Do what you can to help the community, for I am helping. We are strong when we are together as family coming up with ways to make this site better. Grin
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 12:13:12 AM

God is able. God is good.  Grin I don't understand. I care for this community. Do what you can to help the community, for I am helping. We are strong when we are together as family coming up with ways to make this site better. Grin

Actually some people hurt more then they help on being a member of the community.   With how you have threads in meta and lock them.  Post in huge font, or calling out Lauda.... you are just not really helping.

If you want to help bitcoin community I suggest leaving meta alone for a while.    I think it's best for all.  This thread will go no where, they are not going to limit posts.  And there are valid points for not doing it to.
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 12:29:07 AM

God is able. God is good.  Grin I don't understand. I care for this community. Do what you can to help the community, for I am helping. We are strong when we are together as family coming up with ways to make this site better. Grin

Actually some people hurt more then they help on being a member of the community.   With how you have threads in meta and lock them.  Post in huge font, or calling out Lauda.... you are just not really helping.

If you want to help bitcoin community I suggest leaving meta alone for a while.    I think it's best for all.  This thread will go no where, they are not going to limit posts.  And there are valid points for not doing it to.
Oh I'm sorry that you think I'm not helping. I'm doing the best that I can though. You know it is only because I am caring of this community. I am trying.

Trying in itself is good. I do try a lot. I try all the time in this institution. And I pray. Oh my god, I pray. I pray every single day for revolution.

I am sorry. I tried as hard as I could to help. I really am trying, but I was hoping that I was appreciated. At least I see that some people do appreciate me and my efforts.  Cheesy
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 01:00:38 AM

.... least I see that some people do appreciate me and my efforts.  Cheesy

I think you are reading some of these posts wrong.  Where are you seeing people who are appreciative for your postings?

I honestly don't think there are any out there.   All I'm thankful for is you stopped using bold and massive font, guessing mods had something to do with this.
zivone

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 01:06:49 AM

This user is really rude and spreading too much hate.
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 01:16:52 AM

This user is really rude and spreading too much hate.
What did I say that seemed like hatred? I do genuinely feel apologetic about it, but I don't mean to hurt anyone.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 10:40:31 AM

Then what about Politics & Society? Does religion and other controversial topics have anything to do with bitcoin? Then why do we have these sections which aren't related to bitcoin? Answer is obvious because people should be able to discuss what they want in those topics. I don't agree with Lauda but I do agree that users do spam there. However, since those sections are excluded from most signature campaigns, people who spam there are either interested in posting there or they are just trolling.

Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 10:49:05 AM

Then what about Politics & Society? Does religion and other controversial topics have anything to do with bitcoin? Then why do we have these sections which aren't related to bitcoin? Answer is obvious because people should be able to discuss what they want in those topics. I don't agree with Lauda but I do agree that users do spam there. However, since those sections are excluded from most signature campaigns, people who spam there are either interested in posting there or they are just trolling.
Exactly.

Lauda is not understanding this way of thinking. Also, we need that off topic forum to entice people that don't know of Bitcoin into the forum. Diversity in people is a big step in having Bitcoin grow.
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 10:56:33 AM

Exactly.

Lauda is not understanding this way of thinking. Also, we need that off topic forum to entice people that don't know of Bitcoin into the forum. Diversity in people is a big step in having Bitcoin grow.
Posts in Politics and society are constructive posts, while the ones Lauda is probably talking about are posts in "How long have you logged in" or "What was the last drink you drank" etc, there the posts are highly non-constructive which are mostly made for farming account or getting paid from signature campaign while doing the least amount of work.
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:00:46 AM

Exactly.

Posts in Politics and society are constructive posts, while the ones Lauda is probably talking about are posts in "How long have you logged in" or "What was the last drink you drank" etc, there the posts are highly non-constructive which are mostly made for farming account or getting paid from signature campaign while doing the least amount of work.
They are non constructive, but why does every statement have to be extremely constructive?

The off topic forum is already laid back. We should keep it laid back. While we're at it, we should cancel posts made in off topic from ever being counted as a paid post for people with signature campaigns.

I think that's a good idea. Because Lauda is very upset about that, and I don't enjoy when staff is upset.
mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:03:35 AM

They are non constructive, but why does every statement have to be extremely constructive?
Because spam is supposed to be moderated.
While we're at it, we should cancel posts made in off topic from ever being counted as a paid post for people with signature campaigns.
I believe that was sarcasm in your post, but I am in support of not showing signature in Off-topic board, that would hugely reduce non-constructive signature spam.
I think that's a good idea. Because Lauda is very upset about that, and I don't enjoy when staff is upset.
Sarcasm it was.
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:08:11 AM

Because spam is supposed to be moderated.
While we're at it, we should cancel posts made in off topic from ever being counted as a paid post for people with signature campaigns.
I believe that was sarcasm in your post, but I am in support of not showing signature in Off-topic board, that would hugely reduce non-constructive signature spam.
Sarcasm it was.

Actually, I wasn't being sarcastic. I think signatures shouldn't be counted in off topic. I'm serious.
mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:10:13 AM

Actually, I wasn't being sarcastic. I think signatures shouldn't be counted in off topic. I'm serious.
Ah well thats something only the admins can inforce, and AFAIK they will not bother with it. You should make a new thread in "New forum software" if you'd like to see it on the new forum though, if it gains enough support from members it might be included in the list of coming features.
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:13:44 AM

Ah well thats something only the admins can inforce, and AFAIK they will not bother with it. You should make a new thread in "New forum software" if you'd like to see it on the new forum though, if it gains enough support from members it might be included in the list of coming features.
Okay thank you. I also want some other features getting passed, but I don't know if you want to hear them. Do you?

Edit: your signature is lovely.
mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:16:58 AM

Okay thank you. I also want some other features getting passed, but I don't know if you want to hear them. Do you?

Edit: your signature is lovely.
Well if it is interesting and doable, why not? List them here and I'll have a look.
And thanks, well not good enough I'd say , searching for another noteworthy "news" to put up on my signature.
Proxiebuier

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:20:17 AM

@Fwdxlsh i want to ask you
should there be a limit to how many times you can send your bitcoin a day ?  Roll Eyes
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:26:34 AM

should there be a limit to how many times you can send your bitcoin a day ?  Roll Eyes

No, but I think there should be a limit to how many people use emoticons.

They make me uncomfortable. And there should be a limit to how many people make a sarcastic comment a day. I think we should go on a first come first serve basis for who gets to make the first and only 20 sarcastic comments for the day, then the people that don't make the cut will just have to check in earlier tomorrow to get an opportunity to post a sarcastic comment.

Now that's sarcasm, Mexxer.
mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:28:10 AM

I think we should go on a first come first serve basis for who gets to make the first and only 20 sarcastic comments for the day, then the people that don't make the cut will just have to check in earlier tomorrow to get an opportunity to post a sarcastic comment.

Heh.

How about not posting irrelevant posts with a paid signature?
Proxiebuier

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:31:59 AM

I think we should go on a first come first serve basis for who gets to make the first and only 20 sarcastic comments for the day, then the people that don't make the cut will just have to check in earlier tomorrow to get an opportunity to post a sarcastic comment.

Heh.
should there be a limit to how many times you can send your bitcoin a day ?  Roll Eyes

How about not posting irrelevant posts with a paid signature?

ohh sorry if im wrong , I want to compare the concept of freedom in the bitcoin
i can delete that coment if my posting irrelevant with topic

do you want me to delete that coment ?
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:36:49 AM

"Off topic" in specialist forums is usually for people involved and interested in the main subject to discuss non core items. To go to a niche forum and only post in such areas seems to me bizarre behavior, but there's quite a lot of that about.
If signature campaigns see value in Off Topic posting why shouldn't they pay for it?

Regarding posting limits, any action like that would be fruitless and easy to circumvent in this environment, where account trading and multiple identities are acceptable.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:48:08 AM

"Off topic" in specialist forums is usually for people involved and interested in the main subject to discuss non core items. To go to a niche forum and only post in such areas seems to me bizarre behavior, but there's quite a lot of that about.
If signature campaigns see value in Off Topic posting why shouldn't they pay for it?

Regarding posting limits, any action like that would be fruitless and easy to circumvent in this environment, where account trading and multiple identities are acceptable.
True, but....the off topic is so covered in nonconstructive behavior. I'm not saying that's bad, because I feel we need a forum where we can kind of relax, have fun, be completely ridiculous and not be judged for it...I just don't understand why anyone would want to pay for "Do you like cheese?" and "Are you fat?" and "Am I the only girl here? Sad" I respect what you're saying, and understand it. Not everyone wants to pay for strict commentary, but I wouldn't understand the appeal behind that at all. Some people are different though, so I cannot argue with this.

As for the post restriction, I don't really believe it'll...completely be circumvented. Perhaps a little. Not too much. I assume most average people here only have maybe 2 or 3 alternate accounts. I have yet to even make my alternate accounts, but I don't know if it's a necessity to have several. I don't really believe in a post restriction, but if it could quite possibly stop spammers, it could be taken into consideration.
GannickusX

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 02:29:01 PM

True, but....the off topic is so covered in nonconstructive behavior. I'm not saying that's bad, because I feel we need a forum where we can kind of relax, have fun, be completely ridiculous and not be judged for it...I just don't understand why anyone would want to pay for "Do you like cheese?" and "Are you fat?" and "Am I the only girl here? Sad" I respect what you're saying, and understand it. Not everyone wants to pay for strict commentary, but I wouldn't understand the appeal behind that at all. Some people are different though, so I cannot argue with this.

As for the post restriction, I don't really believe it'll...completely be circumvented. Perhaps a little. Not too much. I assume most average people here only have maybe 2 or 3 alternate accounts. I have yet to even make my alternate accounts, but I don't know if it's a necessity to have several. I don't really believe in a post restriction, but if it could quite possibly stop spammers, it could be taken into consideration.

Campaigns don't really care about the posts themselves, most of them don't allow spammy posts because they know mods wont allow it. At the end of the day what matter is the signature, no matter how short or non-constructive a post is the sig for their site will still show and the more posts the more places it will show.
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:42:14 PM

Campaigns don't really care about the posts themselves, most of them don't allow spammy posts because they know mods wont allow it. At the end of the day what matter is the signature, no matter how short or non-constructive a post is the sig for their site will still show and the more posts the more places it will show.
That can't possibly be true. That is unfair.
GannickusX

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 10:19:15 PM

I'm surprised they don't pay more if you have already a lot of posts since everytime you change your signature it will change on all your previous posts aswell. Im sure the campaign signatures would not care a bit if their user spammed and mods wouldn't ban them and really the off-topic section might be the best section to promote something, everyone can check it out meanwhile not everyone will go to the gambling section.
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:13:14 PM

I'm surprised they don't pay more if you have already a lot of posts since everytime you change your signature it will change on all your previous posts aswell. Im sure the campaign signatures would not care a bit if their user spammed and mods wouldn't ban them and really the off-topic section might be the best section to promote something, everyone can check it out meanwhile not everyone will go to the gambling section.
I'm not going to argue so I will accept and respect what you believe but I am definitely not going to agree with it. It just isn't fair to the people that do what they can to make meaningful posts. Even though that's true, fine, I see where you're coming from. All that really matters is if the signature is advertised. Okay. Get paid to post nonconstructive behavior. People who run these campaigns should feel free to pay for whatever they want to pay for. Everyone needs to feel useful. YEAH! EQUALITY!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: