Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:44:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwolla / Mt.Gox Trading  (Read 852 times)
bitcoin1 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 12:12:35 AM

Hello everyone.

Is it against Dwolla or Mt.Gox TOS to trade Dwolla for someone's Mt.Gox redeemable code?  Do you have to wait 30 days to do this?  I asked Mt.Gox this question and they just forwared me to ArumXchange.  I asked Dwolla and their answer was nonsensical.  By the way, what has been people's experience with ArumXchange?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Werner

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 04:11:19 AM

it is hard. check currency forum
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2012, 08:17:57 AM

I think you can buy whatever you want with a Dwolla payment, and MtGox codes are specifically for sending USD payment. The terms Dwolla has requiring a 30 day wait after account creation are just for sending payment to exchanges directly. The recipient of the Dwolla should just remember that it is not an irreversible form of payment (just ask Tradehill).
notthepuma

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 01:28:10 PM

Hello everyone.

Is it against Dwolla or Mt.Gox TOS to trade Dwolla for someone's Mt.Gox redeemable code?  Do you have to wait 30 days to do this?  I asked Mt.Gox this question and they just forwared me to ArumXchange.  I asked Dwolla and their answer was nonsensical.  By the way, what has been people's experience with ArumXchange?

what exactly are you looking to do?  if you tell us we might be able to give you a good solution

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
tyrannis

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 03:37:23 PM

Hello everyone.

Try this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=78512.0
duckfeet

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 05:13:27 PM

I've been having a difficult time with Dwolla...I mean, I just can't seem to go anywhere with the money in their account.  I got it when it became--at the time--the best way to get dollars into TradeHill.  And then somewhere in there, bitinstant got into the equation, to protect us from scammers...then TradeHIll went under, and after a few weeks of a bunch of us making noise on here, I finally got my old TradeHill money back from bitinstant, but I had to open an OKPay account just to accomplish that.  It all seems so .. so ... "Fly by Night" I guess is the term I'm looking for...seems like whoever you trust today, turns into a bit a nightmare tomorrow.

I've been attempting what seems a simple enough action: to transfer $500 from Dwolla to MtGox.  I've an account in MtGox, and Dwolla, obviously.  But it's not enough...Dwolla seems to be sort of 'non grata' with these places so you have to verify.   But I upload images, and haven't heard a thing...then trying to go thru bitiinstant, instead of being easier, seems like now even Dwolla wants 'verification' even tho they've been dealing with me a long time  (in bitcoin relative terms, of course)

Well, my money's still in dwolla, not doing me much good.

We
bitcoin1 (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 04:10:12 AM

notthepuma, I'm really looking for good way to trade OTC with someone.  Can someone use a Mt.Gox USD redeemable code to trade with someone else's BitCoins OTC, or is that considered to be against the TOS since Mt.Gox would probably want you to exchange with them?
tyrannis

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 04:31:28 AM

notthepuma, I'm really looking for good way to trade OTC with someone.  Can someone use a Mt.Gox USD redeemable code to trade with someone else's BitCoins OTC, or is that considered to be against the TOS since Mt.Gox would probably want you to exchange with them?

You can buy/sell/hand out MtGox codes anywhere. That's how a lot of people trade. Whether it would technically be against their TOS (which I don't belive it is) or not is irrelevant.
bitcoin1 (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 04:51:15 AM

tyrannis, what about using Dwolla to purchase someone else's Bitcoins OTC?  The reason I ask these questions is I wouldn't want to have my account frozen for during something against the TOS.
tyrannis

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 03:05:13 PM

That would be ok as well. Dwolla is, after all, a payment service.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: