Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:11:42 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Questions  (Read 895 times)
knightkon (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 03:54:25 AM

I just recently downloaded a Litecoin miner 2 days ago and for some reason it is telling me that I am only mining at 6 to 7 kh/s.  When I am on minergate, i am mining at 56kh/s.  What is the difference in why I am mining so slow on one miner when I am so high on another.  Any ideas?

███████████████████████████
██████████▄▄███▄▄██████████
████████▄█████████▄████████
██████▄█████████████▄██████
█████▄███████████████▄█████
█████▀███████████████▀█████
███████▀███████████▀███████
█████████▀███████▀█████████
███████████▀███▀███████████
.BITAMP..
   BITAMP BITCOIN WALLET   
Easy to use, client-side, &
open-source Bitcoin wallet
████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████
████▄▀▀▀   ▄▄█▄▄   ▀▀▀▄████
█████ ▀▄▄▀▀     ▀▀▄▄▀ █████
█████  █    ███    █  █████
█████  █   ▄███▄   █  █████
█████  █  ███████  █  █████
████▀▄ ▀▄ ███████ ▄▀ ▄▀████
█████▀▄ ▀▄       ▄▀ ▄▀█████
██████▀▄  ▀▄▄ ▄▄▀  ▄▀██████
████████▀▄   █   ▄▀████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████▄▀▀▀▄  ▄███▄  ▄▀▀▀▄████
█████   █ ▐█████▌ █   █████
███▄▄▀ ▀▄  ▀███▀  ▄▀ ▀▄▄███
██      ▄██▀▀▀██▄      ███
██     ███▄███ ███     ███
███▄▄▄▄ █████▄▄████ ▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████████████
█████████████████▄▄▄▄█▄████
███████████████████████▀███
█████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
███████▄▀  ▄█▄█▄  ▀▄███████
██████▄▀   █    █  ▀▄██████
███████    █▀▀▀▀▄   ███████
██████▀▄   █    █  ▄▀██████
███████▀▄  ▀█▀█▀  ▄▀███████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄█████
███▄███████████████████████
████▀█▀▀▀▀█████████████████
|SECURE
ANONYMOUS
INSTANT
Tadblt

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 08:37:41 AM

I just recently downloaded a Litecoin miner 2 days ago and for some reason it is telling me that I am only mining at 6 to 7 kh/s.  When I am on minergate, i am mining at 56kh/s.  What is the difference in why I am mining so slow on one miner when I am so high on another.  Any ideas?

You need to tell us more about your miner. Is this a CPU or GPU miner? What is the model of the GPU? Setting of the miner?
knightkon (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 07:16:00 PM

You need to tell us more about your miner. Is this a CPU or GPU miner? What is the model of the GPU? Setting of the miner?

It is a CPU miner.  I did not tweak the settings of the CPU, for I do not know how to do that.  I was thinking about buying a GPU, but I do not know what to look for and how much I should spend.

██████████▄▄███▄▄██████████
████████▄█████████▄████████
██████▄█████████████▄██████
█████▄███████████████▄█████
█████▀███████████████▀█████
███████▀███████████▀███████
█████████▀███████▀█████████
███████████▀███▀███████████
.BITAMP..
   BITAMP BITCOIN WALLET   
Easy to use, client-side, &
open-source Bitcoin wallet
████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████
████▄▀▀▀   ▄▄█▄▄   ▀▀▀▄████
█████ ▀▄▄▀▀     ▀▀▄▄▀ █████
█████  █    ███    █  █████
█████  █   ▄███▄   █  █████
█████  █  ███████  █  █████
████▀▄ ▀▄ ███████ ▄▀ ▄▀████
█████▀▄ ▀▄       ▄▀ ▄▀█████
██████▀▄  ▀▄▄ ▄▄▀  ▄▀██████
████████▀▄   █   ▄▀████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████▄▀▀▀▄  ▄███▄  ▄▀▀▀▄████
█████   █ ▐█████▌ █   █████
███▄▄▀ ▀▄  ▀███▀  ▄▀ ▀▄▄███
██      ▄██▀▀▀██▄      ███
██     ███▄███ ███     ███
███▄▄▄▄ █████▄▄████ ▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████████████
█████████████████▄▄▄▄█▄████
███████████████████████▀███
█████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
███████▄▀  ▄█▄█▄  ▀▄███████
██████▄▀   █    █  ▀▄██████
███████    █▀▀▀▀▄   ███████
██████▀▄   █    █  ▄▀██████
███████▀▄  ▀█▀█▀  ▄▀███████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄█████
███▄███████████████████████
████▀█▀▀▀▀█████████████████
|SECURE
ANONYMOUS
INSTANT
barrysty1e

Activity: 636
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 11:32:27 AM

It is a CPU miner.  I did not tweak the settings of the CPU, for I do not know how to do that.  I was thinking about buying a GPU, but I do not know what to look for and how much I should spend.

Litecoin is an Scrypt algorithm coin; while most of the offerings at Minergate are CryptoNight.
You'll find that you are probably hashing at 56h/s with Cryptonight, not 56kh/s.

As with Scrypt, any available Cryptonight currency's difficulty has skyrocketed making it GPU (Videocard) only territory.

Tadblt: don't feel compelled to reply to every post you can see.. just makes you look stupid(er)

my father wears sneakers in the pool
Tadblt

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 02:27:17 PM

If your CPU supports AES-NI instructions, you can mine Monero or BCN. I would suggest Monero as it is fairly launched and has bigger user community.
tittiecoiner

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 05:27:50 PM

If your CPU supports AES-NI instructions, you can mine Monero or BCN. I would suggest Monero as it is fairly launched and has bigger user community.

But don't forget the minimum amout /tx fees or Monero.

For CPU mining I think a coin like BCN (at Minergate) or XMG (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170) would be better than Monero. Too many GPUs already in.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: