Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:27:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's wrong with this story?  (Read 493 times)
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 05:56:17 AM

I'm not sure if I'm the first to see it, but what's wrong with the following story? Can you figure it out without seeing a single picture? I did.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Hook_Elementary_School_shooting#Shooting

Hammond was hit first in the leg, and then sustained another gunshot wound. She lay still in the hallway and then, not hearing any more noise, crawled back to the conference room and pressed her body against the door to keep it closed.

Hint: The bold text doesn't make any sense and is an impossibility, given the structure of most any modern public facility, especially schools.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 06:38:35 AM

Give up?

The conference room is also referred to as Room 9.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 06:55:31 AM

See if you can figure it out now.

Room 9, image taken from the hallway looking into the room:

Hammond was hit first in the leg, and then sustained another gunshot wound. She lay still in the hallway and then, not hearing any more noise, crawled back to the conference room and pressed her body against the door to keep it closed.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 07:24:06 AM

Your understanding of English seems to be what's wrong. You seem to be under the impression that she re-entered the conference room, which is neither a sensible action nor what the text says. It says she crawled to the room, not into it. She remained in the hallway while holding the door closed.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 07:31:03 AM

Alright, first things first.  In America the doors are required to open outward in case of fire.  That is what the OP is referring to.  Granted the proper word would have been "into" and not "to", but I don't see why she would have not gone deeper into the building, unless her injuries stopped her. 

The other problem is that most reporters are just too busy to do proper investigation and editing.  The more stories they get out there, the better.  It is hard to say where the thing falls apart.  We are now on the third or fourth link of the story.  Is it the original person telling it wrong, the OP here not reading it right or is it just too confused by the fact that many facts are being told through six different people?
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 07:33:09 AM

My previous statement was made before looking at the picture(as requested).  The picture/diagram says it all.  The only problem/question I have is why she was trying to keep the conference room door closed from the hall.  It looks like there is only one egress into that room so what was she keeping in?
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 10:24:20 AM

It looks like there is only one egress into that room so what was she keeping in?
Out. She was keeping something out. If you had read the article you would know what she was keeping out and why.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 07:25:28 PM

In this video - The Many Stories of Natalie Hammond - Natalie Hammond grabs children in the hall and pulls them into Room 9 (conference room), pushing a button to lock the door, placing a chair under the door handle to help keep it close, and forces the left side of her body to the door to further help keep it close and Adam Lanza out. Adam proceeds to shoot through the door hitting Natalie four times on her left side, proof of bullets holes depicted in the official crime scene photo above of Room 9's door, all the while Natalie continues to barricade the door after being shot four times by bullets of a Bushmaster XM15-E2S rifle.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: