Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:48:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] 5 Monarchs in unique states of disrepair, at least one working  (Read 402 times)
jmumich (OP)

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 07:30:53 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2015, 07:47:57 AM by jmumich

I picked up a good number of Monarch's over the summer. They weren't bad as a quiet, at-home miner. I've shed most of my working ones over the past couple of weeks. I'm down to 5 - mostly non-working, but one works - and would like to sell them as a bundle if possible. They're a bit fragile and would probably do better in the hands of someone a little more knowledgeable on keeping things like these running.

These are the 5, from highest stock Gh/s rating to lowest:

700 Gh/s - It's hard to say what went wrong with this one. Could be a leak (I see some stains), but the water cooling system seems fine. It was close to the Monarch that leaked for sure (the 550), but it ran for about a month after that one was taken out.

675 Gh/s - This one is a beauty. It looks perfect. I'm happy to send you a pic, but you may as well just look at a stock photo. I can't see anything physically wrong with it. It ran well for a while. And it ran well-above its advertised speed - usually around 710-720Gh/s stock. Then, one day, it stopped.

550 Gh/s - This one definitely sprung a leak. I noticed a fluid-ish substance all around it. It was actually still hashing when I shut it down. I cleaned out the substance from the sled area, though there's some in impossible-to-reach spots. I haven't turned it on since then because there was some fluid on the board.

475 Gh/s - This was my first one. It ran well for months. I actually ran about 490-500 Gh/s stock. Then I tried to play with the voltage settings just for fun. I got it up to around 640-660 Gh/s once. Then half of it died. The other half ran fine at stock speed for about another 2-3 months or so. Then it stopped. It still powers on, connects to the computer, and shows up in bfgminer. But it gives an error message and doesn't hash or report the temperature.

425 Gh/s - This one ... works. For now. It has for a while, though it's slowed down a hair over the last month or so. It used to run around stock, now seems to get around 410-415 Gh/s.

There's a guaranteed 410 Gh/s or so - at least for now - and maybe some more.

I'd like to sell them as a set, as these are a pain to properly pack and ship. BTC1 + shipping for the set. Escrow at buyer's expense and choice. If you'd like to see detailed photos of any or all of them, or a specific part, let me know. Thanks.

Edit: I won't be able to ship until Tuesday, most likely. So in case someone wants to jump on this, I'm having a black friday special, even though I'm really only selling these. I have the working one pointed at ck's solo pool. If you buy them and the working one gets a block before I can pack them up and ship them, we'll split it. So there's that.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 03:16:36 PM

interested, mostly from a collector POV, since it sounds like each unit has some serious issues but might be somewhat repairable/salvagable.

Im located in toronto, Canada. if you could provide some idea on shipping costs i might place an offer of 0.8-1.0BTC *shipped*

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
jmumich (OP)

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 03:36:35 PM

interested, mostly from a collector POV, since it sounds like each unit has some serious issues but might be somewhat repairable/salvagable.

Im located in toronto, Canada. if you could provide some idea on shipping costs i might place an offer of 0.8-1.0BTC *shipped*

I think shipping to Canada would be cost-prohibitive, as they'd have to travel in either a fairly large box or multiple packages. UPS's website is down for me right now anyway, but the other major couriers are showing at least US$90.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 11:57:34 AM

I think shipping to Canada would be cost-prohibitive, as they'd have to travel in either a fairly large box or multiple packages. UPS's website is down for me right now anyway, but the other major couriers are showing at least US$90.

default USPS migt be cheaper?

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: