Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:30:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt coin clients  (Read 1203 times)
pyra-proxy (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 07:29:48 AM

Is there a good client that can manage multiple chains (my guess would need to be a light client of sorts for most chains)?

Is there any good cryptocoin clients that are "accounting" grade at all? (Think like a professional accounting ledger, addresses treated like accounts, etc.)  My hope here is that at least bitcoin has one which could be ported to other chains but I'm unsure that really exists?

Any clients that could have profit/expense/loss formula applied to (think accounting for businesses) them and optionally allow for tax code rules applied to business profits etc.?

....If there is no good client that meets these criteria, anyone want to make it? :-)

brunozisterer

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 12:36:31 PM

Check this project, maybe this is what you are looking for -->
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=105506.0
brunozisterer

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 04:23:51 PM

That is an open transaction client, which has nothing to do with alt coins. It is for a decentralized exchange.

Sorry gweedo, I thought you looking for a alternate cryptocurrencie client.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2012, 05:59:42 PM

That is an open transaction client, which has nothing to do with alt coins. It is for a decentralized exchange.

He is, He's just not looking for a "decentralized exchange".

I herein pledge 1 BTC.
pyra-proxy (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 07:50:04 PM

He is, He's just not looking for a "decentralized exchange".

I herein pledge 1 BTC.

I'd "buy" a copy of a good business grade cryptoclient....  let's start some reasonable requirements and get some donors shall we?

Requirements I'd recommend:
Business accounting ledger format which can optionally tally and total incoming payments/accounts receivable by receipt address. And link specific outgoing payments to those same groupings (even if under the hood the coins are mixed) with optional enforcement of non-negative accounts receivable balances (ie. Payment address balance ledger is 0 but general wallet including other address ledgers have available balances)

Ability to have tax rules loaded into the client for say charging sales tax, calculation of income tax over a certain period of time, ability to load non-crypto based expenses (ie. Mining operation deduction electrical costs, rent, wages and equipment amortization). These rules should allow a user to select conversion to fiat/crypto for all of these to normalize the data.

The client should have a basic digital receipt generation/filing system that could also be sent to a customer or printed based on incoming payments, user input would be expected to identify product/service rendered, but balances, transaction ids, to/from addresses should be automatically filled out.

The client should be able to handle bit coin derived API cryptocurrencies and optionally support multiple simultaneously.

The client should have a dumb interface as well, remarkably similar to current clients but this should not be the default setting.  The client should at minimum support all current bit coin derived security features to protect wallets and unauthorized spending.

My "buy-in"/pledge is 30 BTC

Edit: deep typo of the most important nature lol

pyra-proxy (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 08:00:37 PM

My "buy-in"/pledge is 0 BTC

I guess some programmer will get right on that LMAO You want it but you don't want to pay for it LMAO

Amended typo in the post... lol

pyra-proxy (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Oh ya... windows/Linux compatible and open source.... additionally I think there are devcoin bounties as well for clients so that should be a no brainer regarding support :-)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: