Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:07:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoins safe?  (Read 90051 times)
fair_player

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 02:22:28 PM

Bitcoin is absolutely the safest and pseudo-anonymous currency so far related to your FIAT currency. Looking at your op I feel that you have some intentions of trading illegal goods since you are highly concerned with FBI freezing your accounts. If thats your intention then I would suggest you to stop doing that in first place. Because just like any regular transaction can be tracked, bitcoin transactions can also be tracked if you scan your savings address on walletexplorer.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zaun

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Forza Roma

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 02:46:08 PM

Bitcoin is one of the safest payment methods there is available on this world this time, if you want to be secured you can use multiple wallets that's the only thing you have to keep in mind.
I think its very secure if you do nothing stupid with your wallets or something like investing in someone(scam).
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 02:53:38 PM

I think Bitcoin is very safe. Otherwise people will dont use it so much. Many people use it all around the world so it must be very safe.
And the online wallets are also very safe too. If it isnt safe many people dont will use it so it must be.

I never heard that someone has been hacked or something.
stiffbud

Activity: 980

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 03:05:40 PM

Bitcoin is volatile mate. I suggest you don't put all your assets in it. You can put a part of it but just in case the btc price came crashing then you will have no regrets. I doubt you will wait for the crash tho so it will still be up to you.
Your problem now is if you have all your assets in bitcoin, you should take more precautions and security measures in securing your coins. You wouldn't want to wake up one day that you loss all you have just because someone had an access to your private key.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 03:17:04 PM

I think Bitcoin is very safe. Otherwise people will dont use it so much. Many people use it all around the world so it must be very safe.
And the online wallets are also very safe too. If it isnt safe many people dont will use it so it must be.

I never heard that someone has been hacked or something.

there are plenty of stories where people were hacked and lost a lot bitcoins due to that. but that's not the fault of bitcoin. people are dumb as they click on links and they install crap that promises them to generate a few bitcoins per day. that's how people get hacked and their coins get stolen as a result. if people use their common sense then this wouldn't happen.
tn211

Activity: 778

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 03:33:39 PM

Yes the bitcoin is very safe but it also depends on how you secure your wallet, if you got bitcoins make sure to use multiple security measures to keep them safe, also use more wallets than one because if you get hacked you still can make money from the other wallet.
I think other than that the bitcoin is very secure to hold and to have, its more secured than the most currency's.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 07:42:27 AM

Yes the bitcoin is very safe but it also depends on how you secure your wallet, if you got bitcoins make sure to use multiple security measures to keep them safe, also use more wallets than one because if you get hacked you still can make money from the other wallet.
I think other than that the bitcoin is very secure to hold and to have, its more secured than the most currency's.
The only thing make your bitcoin not safe is when you store bitcoin in infected computer which it could be someone stole your bitcoin by accessing your private key.
So the most important is to secure your private key from anyone.
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 07:50:19 AM

Bitcon is safe if you will do some precautions to make it safe.

In trading, bitcoin is a safe investment if you can managed to get to the flow of the risk and learn how to ride it. I choose to use the term safe investment here not because it's safe. To be clear, there is a risk here but if you managed to put a cover to that everything will be fine.
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 01:00:01 PM

Is it safe to keep all of my assets in Bitcoins? And how Department for Combating Economic Crimes, can affect my account?  What permissions they need , to freeze all my money ?

Of course bitcoins is the safest it's anonymous but it is not totally anonymous because your transactions are saved forever in network anyone can see your bitcoin balance and transactions of any bitcoin address. but bitcoins are the safest. 

Well it is safe indeed but keep in mind that if you keep everything in one wallet and you get hacked, you're finished! Wink

If you think your wallet can get hacekd use a strong password . alos use offline wallet .
Bitcoins are very safe. I hope later that more people will use Bitcoin that will be very good.
It must be safe. Do you know how much people are now using Bitcoins that is pretty much so it must be. The online wallets are also safe.

kacak41

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 01:40:41 PM

Is it safe to keep all of my assets in Bitcoins? And how Department for Combating Economic Crimes, can affect my account?  What permissions they need , to freeze all my money ?

Of course bitcoins is the safest it's anonymous but it is not totally anonymous because your transactions are saved forever in network anyone can see your bitcoin balance and transactions of any bitcoin address. but bitcoins are the safest. 

Well it is safe indeed but keep in mind that if you keep everything in one wallet and you get hacked, you're finished! Wink

If you think your wallet can get hacekd use a strong password . alos use offline wallet .
Bitcoins are very safe. I hope later that more people will use Bitcoin that will be very good.
It must be safe. Do you know how much people are now using Bitcoins that is pretty much so it must be. The online wallets are also safe.

Yeah its very safe at a moment and it will be safe in future too, as I have never experienced any issues related  to safety of bitcoins, as bitcoins are very safe in digital wallet and not accessible to the outsiders.
bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:49:07 PM

Yeah its very safe at a moment and it will be safe in future too, as I have never experienced any issues related  to safety of bitcoins, as bitcoins are very safe in digital wallet and not accessible to the outsiders.
Of course Bitcoin is safe. Many people in the world use it and it must be safe. We all hope that more people will use it and that it will be more popular.
But you never know about the value. That is very hard to predict and I hope that it will be more worth
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 10:47:35 AM

Yes it is hackable. But I think there are also persons out there who are preventing it from happening. Those would be the ones who a large part of bitcoin since the start of it. I dont know but that would be a good reason to protect it.
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 11:38:26 AM

The bitcoin is very safe if you ask me, even safer thank banks if I'm very honest about it, I think the bitcoin is the future of all banks.
The banks are also hating on the bitcoins, they only want the system that is behind the bitcoin itself.
I truly hate the banks because they want to destroy the bitcoin, but they will not succeed of course.
angryrob

Activity: 287

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 11:55:18 AM

I think bitcoin is very safe and secured technology, as my bitcoins are very safe in my digital wallet, and I have not been hacked or scammed by hackers and scammers so I feel it really safe.
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 12:25:11 PM

You can better use a paper wallet or a cold storage, but the fact is that you should only do that if you have a lot of bitcoins from a certain high amount you should do it.
If you just got some bitcoins just use a online wallet for it with a 2 way authentication or google code authentication.
I think its very easy to prevent yourself from hackers, the only threat bitcoin has are hackers and scammers.
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 12:44:15 PM

The bitcoin itself is very safe to use and do payments with, the only thing you have to know is that your wallets can be hacked because of your own faults of course.
If you store bitcoins do it in multiple wallets so you won't lose everything at once if you get hacked.
agree with you bitcoin very safe. precisely risk there with you. how do you provide security for your wallet .. if you do not provide a lot of extra security. it was very vulnrable to be hacked. so you have to prepare it all.
sallymeeh27

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 12:47:29 PM

I believe so that bitcoin is safe. It depends on what transaction are going into. This is just to be safe and be sure to whom you are going to have business with. It will be better to ask the tenured to be safe and ask for their advice if you doing the right thing and also try to research for the person your going to transact with.

ampere

Activity: 1218
Merit: 116

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 01:37:11 PM

The bitcoin itself is very safe to use and do payments with, the only thing you have to know is that your wallets can be hacked because of your own faults of course.
If you store bitcoins do it in multiple wallets so you won't lose everything at once if you get hacked.
agree with you bitcoin very safe. precisely risk there with you. how do you provide security for your wallet .. if you do not provide a lot of extra security. it was very vulnrable to be hacked. so you have to prepare it all.

But I haven't experienced any threat from bitcoin wallet, as I feel its very safe and not that easy to get hacked, I think if you have strong password and two way authentication, then its impossible for anyone to hack it.
CrimBit

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 01:47:15 PM

today my friend get problem with bitcoin, after he download bitcointool, his computer exposed to malware attacks, so i suggest to instal kaspersky internet security on his computer.

i think your bitcoin is not safe if you not instal defender, antivirue, malwarebits etc. on your computer.
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 02:45:58 PM

Yes Bitcoin is very safe. And the online wallets are also very safe and that is pretty good. Of course you can be hacked, but that is with everything.
I hope later that more people will use Bitcoin and trust Bitcoin, that will be so good for the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: