Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:58:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoins safe?  (Read 90051 times)
Defloration

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 06:54:44 PM

Please find me max securty btc wallet Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 07:42:25 PM

yes there is no doubt about this that bitcoin is too safe and that is the reason that i have invested more that half of my assets in bitcoin and still want to invest because i trust on bitcoin.
i agree with you that a huge of people trust in bitcoin and invest their in bitcoin because they know that bitcoin is very much safest and secure investment and i also trust on bitcoin invest my money into bitcoin and feel safe.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 08:10:24 AM

As long as you do not let others control you bitcoin, it is fine to use hardware or the software storage.
That is a right point if we will use any exchange or any online wallet for our bitcoins then it will mean that we have kept our bitcoins with someone else and if we keep our bitcoins in desktop wallet then we will have our bitcoins and only we will have control on them and not any other person will have control on them.
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 02:38:29 PM

I see that discussion is about safety of wallets, but i think that the topic question is about of whether investing in Bitcoin is safe.
In fact, Bitcoin is still in experimental phase, so it is hard to say that it is completely safe.
To be honest, at the moment, more important it is the belief that Bitcoin succeeds. Wink
Yeah I mean a wallet is only as safe as you make it. A password protected wallet is safer than a wallet in your pocket though is what I believe. The investing is safe imo now that halving is around the corner.

it is correct a digital wallet is more secure than a wallet in our pocket, a robber can rob the wallet in our pocket but they don't know about our digital wallet and so they are protected.
Bitcoin is safe to use if you know what you are doing because if you do not know know what to do then I recommend you do not make use of Bitcoin.
But if you know what you do and who you can trust then you should be alright.
Perman

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 05:50:00 PM

I see that discussion is about safety of wallets, but i think that the topic question is about of whether investing in Bitcoin is safe.
In fact, Bitcoin is still in experimental phase, so it is hard to say that it is completely safe.
To be honest, at the moment, more important it is the belief that Bitcoin succeeds. Wink
Yeah I mean a wallet is only as safe as you make it. A password protected wallet is safer than a wallet in your pocket though is what I believe. The investing is safe imo now that halving is around the corner.

it is correct a digital wallet is more secure than a wallet in our pocket, a robber can rob the wallet in our pocket but they don't know about our digital wallet and so they are protected.
Bitcoin is safe to use if you know what you are doing because if you do not know know what to do then I recommend you do not make use of Bitcoin.

What you said is very general, it can be applied to any investment or the currencies we use at present.
Nivir

Activity: 868
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 06:44:29 PM

I think one of the biggest hindrance in cryptocurrency growth is its security. Sure it's very promising but I am not sure how much people can afford on cryptocurrency. Having large volumes of fiat money is still the safest so far due to banks insurance system. Hacking is still a very big threat although I guess some altcoins have better security than bitcoin. Maybe in the near future some companies start insurance system on cryptocurrencies.
AsaroUk

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 07:01:31 PM

The bitcoin is a very safe method to gain some nice bitcoins but its depending on yourself of course how you are storing it.
It stays a investment so on that its also not always safe to be honest.
satdas

Activity: 281

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 08:07:05 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2016, 02:08:28 PM by satdas

yes i am agree with you and i think that bitcoin is the most safest way of saving money, here you will get double benefit, you can make good amount of money if you invest in gambling, you can also keep your money safe in bitcoin form.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 12:23:57 AM

The bitcoin is a very safe method to gain some nice bitcoins but its depending on yourself of course how you are storing it.
It stays a investment so on that its also not always safe to be honest.

What? You are saying that bitcoins is very safe and in the end you are saying that it's also not always safe? I don't understand what you are pointing, but for me bitcoins is safe but risky. If we are going to talk about security and safety then bitcoins has all the guts to protect the network and all of the bitcoins you are holding.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 01:24:14 AM

yes there is no doubt about this that bitcoin is too safe and that is the reason that i have invested more that half of my assets in bitcoin and still want to invest because i trust on bitcoin.
I think for the security of investing in bitcoin everyone will have their own opinion, because many people assume that the fluctuation is a major problem on bitcoin, but most people assume that these fluctuations are facilities to benefit greatly in a short time, you should make the best possible if you want to be safe in bitcoin
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 02:06:24 AM

I think for the security of investing in bitcoin everyone will have their own opinion, because many people assume that the fluctuation is a major problem on bitcoin, but most people assume that these fluctuations are facilities to benefit greatly in a short time, you should make the best possible if you want to be safe in bitcoin
Maybe for others that is a problem but I would be very happy if the price fluctuates as long as the direction of bitcoin is going upward. I can benefit on that because I am a trader and investor at the same time, in the future price will be stable so I need to take advantage of price fluctuation now.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 04:35:57 AM

Maybe for others that is a problem but I would be very happy if the price fluctuates as long as the direction of bitcoin is going upward. I can benefit on that because I am a trader and investor at the same time, in the future price will be stable so I need to take advantage of price fluctuation now.
thats the reason why more of us here are still enjoying the fluctuation because its giving us an idea if what will possibly will happen to our trade as also a traders of alt fluctuates give me reason to place my entry and exit point of my alt coin.
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 04:55:02 AM

Is it safe?

Get blood work done first... just in case!  Cheesy
DRaGoN RaNTaRo

Activity: 319

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 05:12:03 AM

converting all your assets into bitcoin is not a practical solution and definitely not a wise one since digital currency does not have the price stability to fully invest into bitcoin,you can invest if you have the time to look after your assets,bitcoin is the safest if you know how to safeguard your privacy and the best part the ease of moving your assets
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 09:11:42 AM

You can be sure bitcoin is safe. But the unsafe part is in your hands. Your funds can get stolen very easily. Recommend you check out wallet security measures more precisely and work on getting a hardware wallet. Dont keep more than what you can lose on online wallets.
Lol I think not as easy as you imagine, someone takes identifer, and I think if you go in a different ip system will reject you, so I thought wallet bitcoin is now quite safe, to be safe again you can add 2FA or can be called with authentication, yeah it is used so you get more security
But there are some newcomers wallets which have a simple login system so in that case if a person is able to hack the password then he will easily hack that account of the wallet and will steal all of the coins. Basically bitcoin is so strong, but bitcoin users ourselves need to be protected against hackers to keep our bitcoins safer.
kia78VE

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 01:14:54 PM

I think bitcoins is safe enough.. Bitcoin is encrypted with private keys and it's impossible to move the coins unless you knew the wallet password.
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 02:04:22 PM

Yes, I do think the bitcoin is safe and its also laying about yourself what kind of wallet you are using honestly.
If you are using a paper wallet its way more secure than using a online wallet for transactions right ?
All have risk but you need to choose the less risky one, I believe using an online wallet would be fine as long as you comply with the basic security requirements and update every time there is an upgrade of security, 2FA is a good example, we should follow that.

Bitcoin have to be safe and the online wallets also because it is now becoming more popular and used as a payment method so it is important that it have to be safe.
But you must also be careful with it because there can be also a moment that you can be hacked.

Indeed but I think it's pretty safe right now I myself use blockchain and I haven't had a problem yet with my security.
But I do hear that there are hackers which hacked some bitcoin already before so ofcourse it's not a 100% safety guarantee to have bitcoin.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2016, 03:37:49 PM

Bitcoins are just as safe, or if not safer than cash. It just depends on whether or not YOU take the proper steps to protect your investment.

xdrpx

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 06:08:51 PM

This depends on the legality of Bitcoins in your country. Also, make sure that you're aware of what do laws in your country categorize Bitcoin as, ie; Currency, Derivatives, stock or something else. This way you'll know that it's safe to use Bitcoins. Also confirm with your banks if they'll not freeze your bank accounts for purchasing or selling Bitcoins. If none of this plays good with your case, then you'd want to purchase/trade in Bitcoins without leaving tracks.
Superbitzz

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 08:20:48 PM

I think bitcoins is safe enough.. Bitcoin is encrypted with private keys and it's impossible to move the coins unless you knew the wallet password.
yes there is no doubt about this that bitcoin is really a safe investment, and that is the reason that now people are entering in the field of bitcoin and are investing their money in bitcoin  which really make bitcoin more stronger.
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: