Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:26:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: about blockchain paper wallet fee  (Read 771 times)
MOFNET (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 05:50:20 PM

hello guys
i'm newbie with bitcoin, and i learned to make a paper wallet, and i put small amount on it to test the process

i do this:

1- i have imported the private key through blockchain.
2- when i send money again from blockchain to my paper wallet again to test the transition, i found that they deduced a fee

is this normal, that they have fees?

and is there any wallet that not deduced this fee?? i mean other online wallet to test it

i lost about 100k satochi in the process ( it's nothing i know )

but i'm afraid that the amount will be larger if i put  a lot of btc

i hope anyone from expert tell me is there a none fee client that i can use to import from paper wallet and send it again ( i secured it with a password ) so there is no need to sweep it

thanks
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6637

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 06:01:49 PM

The fee is a transaction fee. It does not go to blockchain.info and the fee is a part of every wallet out there. The fee goes to the miners that confirm your transaction. It is an incentive for them to include your transaction in a block, otherwise it will take a long time to confirm. The fee only changes with the actual size of the transaction (the size of the data in bytes) so unless you are combining multiple inputs or sending multiple outputs, then the fee will stay relatively constant. However it does change with the amount of unconfirmed transactions

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6135

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 06:08:50 PM

It's not possible to make a transaction without fees (or let's say not recommended ) , If you don't put any fees your transaction may never get confirmed and the bitcoins may eventually come back to you after few days .
So yes the fees are deduced and that's pretty normal however 100k satoshi (0.001 BTC) seem to be little bit big , the more logical is having (0.0001 BTC as fees which is 10k satoshi ) .

Little bit off topic : It's better to switch to desktop wallets (but that won't change the fact that there will be some fees) because it's never recommended to give your bitcoins in an online wallets (blockchain.info for example or exchange websites) as there is more chances of getting easily hacked .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
MOFNET (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 06:24:49 PM

The fee is a transaction fee. It does not go to blockchain.info and the fee is a part of every wallet out there. The fee goes to the miners that confirm your transaction. It is an incentive for them to include your transaction in a block, otherwise it will take a long time to confirm. The fee only changes with the actual size of the transaction (the size of the data in bytes) so unless you are combining multiple inputs or sending multiple outputs, then the fee will stay relatively constant. However it does change with the amount of unconfirmed transactions

great information and new one for me, thanks a lot
MOFNET (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 06:33:37 PM

It's not possible to make a transaction without fees (or let's say not recommended ) , If you don't put any fees your transaction may never get confirmed and the bitcoins may eventually come back to you after few days .
So yes the fees are deduced and that's pretty normal however 100k satoshi (0.001 BTC) seem to be little bit big , the more logical is having (0.0001 BTC as fees which is 10k satoshi ) .

Little bit off topic : It's better to switch to desktop wallets (but that won't change the fact that there will be some fees) because it's never recommended to give your bitcoins in an online wallets (blockchain.info for example or exchange websites) as there is more chances of getting easily hacked .

thanks for reply

is it right that if i wait for days until i make the redeem to my paper wallet , the fee will be smaller ??

i'm not talking here about the small satochi like 100k, i'm talking if i made a big transferred amount, how can i calculate the fee

another thing, i like the paper wallet Smiley , but if it will take a huge amount fee, so i will try desktop wallet, but it's big sized data and require a good connection to the internet

what is the best ?? paper wallet or using usb wallet to store the wallet ( i watched a youtube tutorial about it)

thanks a lot
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 06:39:57 PM

and is there any wallet that not deduced this fee?? i mean other online wallet to test it
Hi there is actually 2 online wallets that pay the fees instead of you which are coinbase (max free 25 transactions per day) and xapo but with thoses 2 wallets you don't have a control of your own private keys, for xapo you don't know even your bitcoin address without verifying your Identity.
Besides i don't recommend to store a large amount of coins in online wallets.
Forget to mention that you can precise the fees to pay with blockchain.info, you can select your fees manually (for example, 0.0001 or 0.0005...etc)

so i will try desktop wallet, but it's big sized data and require a good connection to the internet
That's true with bitcoin core but not with electrum, try to get more informations about it on their site or in btctalk.

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
MOFNET (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 06:47:22 PM

Hi there is actually 2 online wallets that pay the fees instead of you which are coinbase (max free 25 transactions per day) and xapo but with thoses 2 wallets you don't have a control of your own private keys, for xapo you don't know even your bitcoin address without verifying your Identity.
Besides i don't recommend to store a large amount of coins in online wallets.
Forget to mention that you can precise the fees to pay with blockchain.info, you can select your fees manually (for example, 0.0001 or 0.0005...etc)

thanks for replying

i already using xapo,

can you tell me please how to select the fees manually in blockchain ??

and i want to know is there a formula to this fees ??

like if i send 0.01 btc >>>> so how much fee will take ??

thanks
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 06:56:36 PM

thanks
Take a look here: https://blockchain.info/wallet/wallet-faq then scroll to ''How do I send Bitcoins?'' in the pic there, you will see ''custom'' under ''quick send'', now go to your wallet and once pressing custom you will get more options including fees.
For the formula i don't have but I know that you can make an estimation of the fees because if you make a transaction with small fees, it will likely be dropped but you will get your money back after 3-4 days

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
MOFNET (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 07:22:47 PM

thanks
Take a look here: https://blockchain.info/wallet/wallet-faq then scroll to ''How do I send Bitcoins?'' in the pic there, you will see ''custom'' under ''quick send'', now go to your wallet and once pressing custom you will get more options including fees.
For the formula i don't have but I know that you can make an estimation of the fees because if you make a transaction with small fees, it will likely be dropped but you will get your money back after 3-4 days

it was so helpful, thanks a lot for this info Smiley

if i face any other question i will back

thank you
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: