Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:44:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info down?  (Read 1051 times)
funkydog (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 08:55:21 AM

Server seems to be down.... i don't use them myself but some clients are reporting they can't transfer BTC because Blockchain.info seems to be down.

Anybody know more about it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 08:56:08 AM

Server seems to be down.... i don't use them myself but some clients are reporting they can't transfer BTC because Blockchain seems to be down.

How can a single server being down affect the blockchain?   Do you mean the website blockchain.info?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
funkydog (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 08:56:48 AM

Server seems to be down.... i don't use them myself but some clients are reporting they can't transfer BTC because Blockchain seems to be down.

How can a single server being down affect the blockchain?   Do you mean the website blockchain.info?

Sorry... i mean .info  Wink

Thx for the heads up, i editted the post.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 08:58:06 AM

That's true, what is actually happen with Blockchain.info?
Is this ever happened before?

faucet used to be profitable
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6129

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 08:59:15 AM

Yes they are down (CloudFlare error page) , as I said on another topic It's probably DDOS attack or just getting shitload of requests . but there is no information about it (not on twitter or anywhere else) .

Error 521 Ray ID: 24cd1aef071a156b • 2015-11-29 08:57:28 UTC
Web server is down

People should just make a good decision on their life and stop using Blockchain.info because on the last few months , this happened more then once. So if people care about their coins they should switch to something else before it's too late .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 09:05:19 AM

Since when is Blockchain going down a new thing? It happens like once every month or so
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 09:11:10 AM

Server seems to be down.... i don't use them myself but some clients are reporting they can't transfer BTC because Blockchain.info seems to be down.

Blockchain.info isn't reliable anymore it's has gone down several times, tell your clients to use desktop wallet like electrum.
FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 09:14:19 AM

God damn! I hope they won't stay down because I haven't saved my private key anyweher so if they stay down, I lost my coins Sad

Please comeback online asap, the I will save my private key Smiley

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
funkydog (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 09:16:29 AM

Seems like now DNS lookup fails.... could be they just are rebooting the DNS servers or they are under complete attack.
chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 09:17:19 AM

yep blockchain.info website is down and it is not looking good, hope the admin is aware of it, waiting for an announcement on their tweeter page none so far.
Blue_Tiger73

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 09:18:02 AM

Yeah I don't really know what happened to Blockchain.  I have never seen this happen to Blockchain before. Hopefully this doesn't happen again as pretty much that used Bitcoin, uses Blockchain.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 09:18:26 AM

God damn! I hope they won't stay down because I haven't saved my private key anyweher so if they stay down, I lost my coins Sad

Don't worry my friend i have seen blockchain going several time under attack and maintainance. And i know they will come online again like before, but now on save the private key. I have saved both my online wallet and cold wallet address before so i am in safer side. I know they can fight against attacks.

FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 09:20:16 AM

Don't worry my friend i have seen blockchain going several time under attack and maintainance. And i know they will come online again like before, but now on save the private key. I have saved both my online wallet and cold wallet address before so i am in safer side. I know they can fight against attacks.
If this is an attack, why do people do these kind of things? To ask for money or they won't stop the ddos?

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 09:40:21 AM

Blockchain.info isn't reliable anymore it's has gone down several times, tell your clients to use desktop wallet like electrum.

doesnt electrum use online servers? what if that went down?

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6129

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 09:44:15 AM

If this is an attack, why do people do these kind of things? To ask for money or they won't stop the ddos?

Why thief steal ? why people take bribe ? why people kill ? It's mostly all about the money , while some people consider that money is not what the life is about , others do .
So why bitcoin exactly ? Because it's annonymus and they can't be tracked if they know what they are doing , Unlike bank accounts etc ..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 09:53:24 AM

Yes they are down (CloudFlare error page) , as I said on another topic It's probably DDOS attack or just getting shitload of requests . but there is no information about it (not on twitter or anywhere else) .

Error 521 Ray ID: 24cd1aef071a156b • 2015-11-29 08:57:28 UTC
Web server is down

People should just make a good decision on their life and stop using Blockchain.info because on the last few months , this happened more then once. So if people care about their coins they should switch to something else before it's too late .

It's not about one person using another wallet. Here many bitcoiners only use blockchain and even my signature campaign uses the same wallet and due to the wallet, our payments get delayed. It should be a call of everyone and then it will be helpful.

I am not getting any error but am just not able to access the website Sad

funkydog (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 09:53:44 AM

They seem to be up again for now......
Hariom

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 09:57:07 AM

It is UP for me now !
But when u visit the site now it will show like " Please wait 5 Seconds. Checking your browser "
Seems they are putting cloudfare strong ddos protection now
Blue_Tiger73

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 10:00:33 AM

Yeah...Blockchain is pretty unreliable. I use coinbase as it is very reliable and safe compared to Blockchain. A web wallet is much easier to use and more convenient compared to a desktop wallet. You don't have to completely deter yourself from a web wallet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: