Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:41:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing  (Read 780 times)
SuperLed (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:01:51 AM

Hi all!
I'm new on forum and I first came along with bitcoin 3 months ago. My friend told me about it and I was like wtf  Grin But i googled it a bit and found it very interesting.
Next time i heard on news that ISIS is using bitcoin for their income, but I'm not so sure about it and think they're scared of new digital money and want to put bitcoin in bad light. Bitcoin fans should do more for promotion of bitcoin or if they can't do promotion, everyone can just ask in stores,  "do you offer bitcoin as payment?" Most of them don't know what it is, so maybe they'll ask what is it  Smiley
Anyway, I hope I'll learn something new on this forum.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 03:23:55 PM

hi there,

also check out

https://forum.bitcoin.com/

Smiley

Hellacopter

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 05:01:27 PM

Welcome to the Bitcoin community.
Try to read and learn more about Bitcoin, you can find here interesting topics about this crypto currency
And then you can share your experience and help to support and advertise the Bitcoin
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 09:25:44 PM

Hi all!
I'm new on forum and I first came along with bitcoin 3 months ago. My friend told me about it and I was like wtf  Grin But i googled it a bit and found it very interesting.
Next time i heard on news that ISIS is using bitcoin for their income, but I'm not so sure about it and think they're scared of new digital money and want to put bitcoin in bad light. Bitcoin fans should do more for promotion of bitcoin or if they can't do promotion, everyone can just ask in stores,  "do you offer bitcoin as payment?" Most of them don't know what it is, so maybe they'll ask what is it  Smiley
Anyway, I hope I'll learn something new on this forum.

Welcome and yes, these are scaring tactics. There was a boy who wanted to teach wannabee terrorists how to use bitcoin for funding but that is the only serious mentioning of bitcoins on that topic iam aware of. I mean they don't forbid fiat money only because the IS is accepting fiat too.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
defaultking

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2015, 05:44:08 PM

Great idea in asking if companies accept bitcoin as payment. Would be a great way to spread the word about bitcoin while at the same time it might help companies take notice that Bitcoin is becoming more popular.
ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 11:21:46 AM

Welcome to this forum SuperLed.

ISIS is too stupid if they use bitcoin, because it's not anonymous, it's pseudonymity, they can still be tracked.

I agree with your promotion which asking store/merchant accept bitcoin or not.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 10:13:18 PM

Welcome to the forum and to the Bitcoin world mate!

Pay no attention to these ludicrous stories about Bitcoin and ISIS! All of this is complete nonsense and bunch of BS!

Instead stick with us, read a bit, research and I am sure you will never leave us, you can only get high of this technology! Smiley
h0w8rd

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 10:16:07 PM

welcome too, ISIS using bitcoin so it's bad... that's ridiculous.  If ISIS uses the Dollar, does that make it bad (maybe it does).
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 07:52:56 AM

welcome too, ISIS using bitcoin so it's bad... that's ridiculous.  If ISIS uses the Dollar, does that make it bad (maybe it does).

yeah it does, but they already know it, they now, need something fresh to bash, and bitcoin is the good candidate for that

ISIS will bring more demand by arab for bitcoin, which is somehow good, if you ask me, and every demand increase is a good demand
zodiac3011

Activity: 770

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 04:31:32 PM

it just makes bitcoin's reputation really bad as bitcoin needs more people who are eager to adopt it! anyway bitcoin is not anonymous any more Grin there are still ways to trace it
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 06:29:09 PM

Welcome to this forum @superled

Thats the problem, i still dont know whats the point of release all those news, but IMHO are ridiculous, i'm not saying that terrorist are not using the bitcoin for his purposes ( obviously, i didn't know it ), im saying that suddenly they forgot what they was/are using during all this time, the fiat money, gold, or whatever they can use and they did not criminalize it...

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
WaterSupply

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 12:31:50 AM

Hi welcome.

Take your time to check out this forum. First try and learn the basics and after some time you will definitely increase your knowledge. If you have any questions there are plenty of members who will help you, just ask!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: