Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:55:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to buy this breitling, can anyone tell if it's fake?  (Read 1663 times)
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 04:46:44 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2012, 05:03:46 PM by lolwut

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BREITLING-A13356-CHRONOMAT-EVOLUTION-SS-44MM-W-DIAMOND-BEZEL-BLACK-CROC-STRAP-/140879856765?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item20cd18047d

If theres anyone that knows a lot about watches, i'd appreciate your input. thanks
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 05:38:54 PM

You can be reasonably sure that any Breitling sold on ebay is a fake, especially ones such as these without paperwork. Breitlings are one of the most faked watches out there. Hell, I picked up half a dozen Breitling fakes for 50 EUR 10 years ago just for kicks and I'm pretty sure, I still paid too much.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 06:01:20 PM

I know a classic way to spot a fake Rolex was to look at the second hand. Real ones keep the second hand in constant smooth motion, while fakes ticked their way around. Not sure if that works here?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2012, 06:05:21 PM

I know a classic way to spot a fake Rolex was to look at the second hand. Real ones keep the second hand in constant smooth motion, while fakes ticked their way around. Not sure if that works here?

Sure it would. Ask a question of the lister to post a video of the watch working. If they don't comply, then have eBay shut them down.
greyhawk

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 06:10:09 PM

That's actually not entirely true unfortunately. Many real older Rolex models feature a movement that is less smooth than more current ones. Also you can "fake smoothness" by just making the second hand smaller.
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 06:16:04 PM

I don't know if its real or fake, but it's a very nice looking watch, and I'm not a watch guy.

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
World

Activity: 743

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 06:28:29 PM

nice shop in US
http://www.jomashop.com/braeavskwase.html

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
greyhawk

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 06:47:37 PM

Yeah, not so much. The web is filled to the brink with horror stories about "broken" watches from jomashop.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 09:00:44 PM

http://www.ehow.com/how_4695837_spot-fake-breitling.html

World

Activity: 743

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 09:57:02 PM

Yeah, not so much. The web is filled to the brink with horror stories about "broken" watches from jomashop.
thank you for the info I do not know that,My own experience has been only positive

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
Liberty Payout

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 04:53:05 AM

I can't help but to find this funny. It looks real, anyone who sees it will think it's real. No one is going to examine your hand. So why not buy it, or buy a fake? If you can't afford it full price then you are not among the elites that should be wearing the watch in the first place, so who is there to fool? Get yourself a fake, or pay full price from a legitimate retailer. Otherwise it's all a psychological game.

"We want what we can't have, commodity makes us want it. So expensive, damn, I just got to flaunt it."

Dumb if you ask me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: