Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:08:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gemini Vs Coinbase  (Read 2558 times)
paulb787 (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 05:51:52 PM

Anyone try Gemini? I have been selling bitcoins through coinbase and everything is smooth! It is amazing how quick the funds are in my banks account! I have sold at 7:00 am and received the bitcoin in my bank that day! I am starting to get a little worried tho. I have sold more than I bought on coinbase. Is this a problem? Should I sell somewhere else 2? I just opened up a Gemini account and am going to give it a shot. I just don't see how it can get any better then coinbase!

Paul
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 06:00:47 PM

Anyone try Gemini? I have been selling bitcoins through coinbase and everything is smooth! It is amazing how quick the funds are in my banks account! I have sold at 7:00 am and received the bitcoin in my bank that day! I am starting to get a little worried tho. I have sold more than I bought on coinbase. Is this a problem? Should I sell somewhere else 2? I just opened up a Gemini account and am going to give it a shot. I just don't see how it can get any better then coinbase!

Paul

I dont think this a problem, I think they earn from transaction fees too. Be aware that gambling with a coinbase wallet could get your coinbase account closed with all funds lost.  You can see a thread about that: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1231723.0. I would recommend spreading your bitcoin over multiple wallets, not let everything be in control of a single entity.

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 06:29:08 PM

Paul

I dont think this a problem, I think they earn from transaction fees too. Be aware that gambling with a coinbase wallet could get your coinbase account closed with all funds lost.  You can see a thread about that: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1231723.0. I would recommend spreading your bitcoin over multiple wallets, not let everything be in control of a single entity.

you loose your funds with coinbase when you gambe?Huh?? wtf... i knew they close they account but not that they are keeping funds.
tbh i think gemini has to do sth similar with funds from gambling...they both have to follow american law.

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
wikenpp

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 08:44:06 PM

I've read quite some bad things about coinbase, but honestly I never had a problem with them.

Every deposit was nice added to my balance. Every withdrawal came true without it being reviewed.

So yes, go for coinbase. They exist must longer.
stepeti

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 01:55:00 PM

Bha....Coinbase Blocked Our Accounts, We have 3 accounts from Italy (15000€-18000€-8000€).
Coinbase freeze our accounts 1 month ago, they want to return the money on our IBAN which were actually pre-paid cards with Iban now closed, below you can see full mail cronology, today we waiting another their reply from 10 days..only silence from coinbase, They re-opened our accounts but after 3 days re-freeze...

Marco Colaiacolo
Subject: Interaction with Marco Colaiacolo
NOV 20, 2015  |  01:21PM PST
Dylan replied:

Hello Marco,

After further consideration we have determined we cannot support your Coinbase account, so you will not be able to make any additional Bitcoin purchases. My apologies for the confusion.

Please withdraw your remaining EUR balance as soon as possible.

Respectfully,

Coinbase Support
NOV 19, 2015  |  11:06AM PST
Dylan replied:

Hello,

We have temporarily re-opened your account to allow you to exchange your euros for BTC. Please do this as soon as possible and let us know when you have withdrawn your entire balance.

Regards,

Coinbase Support
OCT 30, 2015  |  12:12PM PDT
Marco replied:
Registered bank account is closed...you can try to send money to this
iban but the money will come back to you.
Change full balance in BTC please.

Il 30/10/2015 19:29, Coinbase Support ha scritto:
OCT 30, 2015  |  11:28AM PDT
Dylan replied:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Coinbase. Our primary goal is to make bitcoin safe and secure for our customers. Coinbase is a regulated Money Services Business under FinCEN (FinCEN.gov), and as part of achieving this goal, we are legally obligated to implement regulatory compliance mechanisms.

We regret to inform you that we are no longer able to support your Coinbase account. Please note that we have not blocked access to the bitcoin balance currently in your Coinbase account; while we can no longer process bitcoin brokerage orders via our banking relationship, you may still send your bitcoin balance offsite to an external bitcoin address.

Respectfully,
Coinbase Customer Support
How satisfied were you with the quality of service we provided today?
Poor | Fair | Good | Great
OCT 29, 2015  |  12:59PM PDT
Marco replied:
Hi, I answer to your questionnaire 2 days ago?
There is some problem? do you need some documents? when you unlock my
money?

Il 27/10/2015 20:27, Coinbase Support ha scritto:
OCT 27, 2015  |  12:26PM PDT
Dylan replied:

Hi Marco,

My sincere apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this. We just sent you an email regarding a routine compliance questionnaire that we need you to complete. You can complete the survey by logging into your account; please check back in once you have finished it so that we can review your responses and hopefully restore your purchasing abilities.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Best,

Coinbase Support

Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 06:13:08 AM

Bha....Coinbase Blocked Our Accounts, We have 3 accounts from Italy (15000€-18000€-8000€).
Coinbase freeze our accounts 1 month ago, they want to return the money on our IBAN which were actually pre-paid cards with Iban now closed, below you can see full mail cronology, today we waiting another their reply from 10 days..only silence from coinbase, They re-opened our accounts but after 3 days re-freeze...

Marco Colaiacolo
Subject: Interaction with Marco Colaiacolo
NOV 20, 2015  |  01:21PM PST
Dylan replied:

Hello Marco,

After further consideration we have determined we cannot support your Coinbase account, so you will not be able to make any additional Bitcoin purchases. My apologies for the confusion.

Please withdraw your remaining EUR balance as soon as possible.

Respectfully,

Coinbase Support
NOV 19, 2015  |  11:06AM PST
Dylan replied:

Hello,

We have temporarily re-opened your account to allow you to exchange your euros for BTC. Please do this as soon as possible and let us know when you have withdrawn your entire balance.

Regards,

Coinbase Support
OCT 30, 2015  |  12:12PM PDT
Marco replied:
Registered bank account is closed...you can try to send money to this
iban but the money will come back to you.
Change full balance in BTC please.

Il 30/10/2015 19:29, Coinbase Support ha scritto:
OCT 30, 2015  |  11:28AM PDT
Dylan replied:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Coinbase. Our primary goal is to make bitcoin safe and secure for our customers. Coinbase is a regulated Money Services Business under FinCEN (FinCEN.gov), and as part of achieving this goal, we are legally obligated to implement regulatory compliance mechanisms.

We regret to inform you that we are no longer able to support your Coinbase account. Please note that we have not blocked access to the bitcoin balance currently in your Coinbase account; while we can no longer process bitcoin brokerage orders via our banking relationship, you may still send your bitcoin balance offsite to an external bitcoin address.

Respectfully,
Coinbase Customer Support
How satisfied were you with the quality of service we provided today?
Poor | Fair | Good | Great
OCT 29, 2015  |  12:59PM PDT
Marco replied:
Hi, I answer to your questionnaire 2 days ago?
There is some problem? do you need some documents? when you unlock my
money?

Il 27/10/2015 20:27, Coinbase Support ha scritto:
OCT 27, 2015  |  12:26PM PDT
Dylan replied:

Hi Marco,

My sincere apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this. We just sent you an email regarding a routine compliance questionnaire that we need you to complete. You can complete the survey by logging into your account; please check back in once you have finished it so that we can review your responses and hopefully restore your purchasing abilities.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Best,

Coinbase Support

OMG i heard about this too. But I thought it was less because it was less amounts. This is serieos money man. Luckily you can still withdraw them to BTC.

Make sure to leave them asap and find a solid exchange.
bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 09:05:33 AM

Coinbase freeze you account? What happend than?

Oh well I just hope for you that is all oke oke now, because if that money was mine I would just cry :/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: