Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:28:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Smartchain based cryptos worthy of investment?  (Read 506 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:07:11 PM

Do you think Smartchain based crypto currencies such as Stellar, Ripple, Bitshares or Ethereum worth the investment? Each one of them have promising technologies and maybe get the opportunity of replacing Bitcoin.

Here is what I think of them:

Ripple - Is centralized, but it is currently # 2 in marketcap and due to its centralization it might bring the attention of banks and/or governments to adopt it as their currency.

Stellar - Looks much like Ripple, so I don't see any real difference other than they claim that they are decentralized and have a better upgraded network than that of Ripple. They changed their currency name from Stellar to Lumen.

Bitshares - Provides a decentralized payment system with Delegated Proof of Stake, the ability to invest in assets pegged to their fiat value, and better TPS (as they claim to be)

Ethereum - Similar to Bitshares with the ability to create Smartchain contracts and execute them with gas or Ether. It is basically a decentralized application platform.

Any thoughts or recommendations on which I should invest into? The way I see it, I think that Ethereum would survive, but I'm not pretty sure. What do you think?  Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
CCEDKaps

Activity: 621
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 12:11:37 PM

Any thoughts or recommendations on which I should invest into? The way I see it, I think that Ethereum would survive, but I'm not pretty sure. What do you think?  Smiley

I suggest you have a look at OBITS website - an asset of the BitShares 2.0 platform located on OpenLedger,

and if you believe that BitShares technology has just begun to grow after the great creation of BTS 2.0 and following the opensource of Graphene and the fully functional and very promising affiliate referring system.

Well, then OBITS is the one to choose a it has the value based on the fees generated from the exchange network of OpenLedger as well as all future projects added to its growing portfolio of companies.

What is OBITS ? Go directly to site here: http://obits.io/#about or read more about it below.

OBITS gives ordinary retail consumers the chance to profit from the wild swings in price characteristic of the digital currency markets without requiring a deep understanding of the markets. OBITS is therefore a way of empowering the average user to profit from the markets without a comprehensive background either in trading strategies or blockchain technology.

OBITS tokens are hosted on OpenLedger, one of the world’s first truly Decentralized Autonomous Exchanges. This means the holdings of the exchange are always auditable, cannot be manipulated, and users’ balances are always available in full, since unlike ordinary banks it does not depend on fractional reserves. The business is based on blockchain technology offered by Bitshares and its code is fully open source for anyone who wants to look further.

Holding OBITS entitles you to be a part owner of the bright future that lies ahead of OpenLedger, giving holders access to a share in the profits issued by the organization. Just like a real life business, you will also be entitled to cast votes on key decisions made by the issuer. Buying OBITS is the equivalent of buying an early stake in a ground-breaking technology company.

Unlike bitcoin, OBITS is not subject to market manipulation, extremely volatility or the vagaries of the market. This empowers the founding team to keep your vested money safe and protected from unexpected declines in value. Given the fact that the product is just starting to penetrate new markets, there’s only one way the price can head – upwards.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 07:43:26 PM

Any thoughts or recommendations on which I should invest into? The way I see it, I think that Ethereum would survive, but I'm not pretty sure. What do you think?  Smiley

I suggest you have a look at OBITS website - an asset of the BitShares 2.0 platform located on OpenLedger,

and if you believe that BitShares technology has just begun to grow after the great creation of BTS 2.0 and following the opensource of Graphene and the fully functional and very promising affiliate referring system.

Well, then OBITS is the one to choose a it has the value based on the fees generated from the exchange network of OpenLedger as well as all future projects added to its growing portfolio of companies.

What is OBITS ? Go directly to site here: http://obits.io/#about or read more about it below.

OBITS gives ordinary retail consumers the chance to profit from the wild swings in price characteristic of the digital currency markets without requiring a deep understanding of the markets. OBITS is therefore a way of empowering the average user to profit from the markets without a comprehensive background either in trading strategies or blockchain technology.

OBITS tokens are hosted on OpenLedger, one of the world’s first truly Decentralized Autonomous Exchanges. This means the holdings of the exchange are always auditable, cannot be manipulated, and users’ balances are always available in full, since unlike ordinary banks it does not depend on fractional reserves. The business is based on blockchain technology offered by Bitshares and its code is fully open source for anyone who wants to look further.

Holding OBITS entitles you to be a part owner of the bright future that lies ahead of OpenLedger, giving holders access to a share in the profits issued by the organization. Just like a real life business, you will also be entitled to cast votes on key decisions made by the issuer. Buying OBITS is the equivalent of buying an early stake in a ground-breaking technology company.

Unlike bitcoin, OBITS is not subject to market manipulation, extremely volatility or the vagaries of the market. This empowers the founding team to keep your vested money safe and protected from unexpected declines in value. Given the fact that the product is just starting to penetrate new markets, there’s only one way the price can head – upwards.

Hey thanks for sharing this useful information about this new type of asset. I've never heard of it, until you posted this information. I'll check it out. The features it brings look very promising when compared to Ripple and Stellar.  Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 09:42:21 PM

Ripple is a corporate coin, with a doable business plan so it has a good chance for survival.

Stellar... I haven't seen too much activity around stellar recently. Probably it will die out slowly.

Bitshares could be a success, unfortunately almost nobody aware of it because of the lack of proper marketing.

Ethereum will be a great stuff if it will be completed within a reasonable timeframe Smiley.

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:16:36 AM

Ripple is a corporate coin, with a doable business plan so it has a good chance for survival.

Yes it is very likely to survive in the future whileas most alt coins will fail (at least what I think) Since Ripple is centralized, this would be a main reason for banks and governments to adopt it, since they would always have control of your transactions. And that is the reason they are against Bitcoin due to its decentralized nature. Just my opinion.  Cheesy

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:28:05 PM

I suggest BitShares and Ethereum 50/50.
BitShares has nice promising technologies, Ethereum too young but has strong marketing.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:10:41 PM

BitShares has nice promising technologies, Ethereum too young but has strong marketing.

And the way I see it, I think Ethereum might be the next Bitcoin if everything goes well for it. There are many exciting things happening right now, including big companies involved with it like Microsoft and IBM.

Take a look at this: https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/microsoft-launches-ethereum-blockchain-as-a-service-ebaas-at-devcon-boosts-ethereum-1447277647

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
USB-S

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

In XEM we trust

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 09:31:57 AM

And the way I see it, I think Ethereum might be the next Bitcoin if everything goes well for it. There are many exciting things happening right now, including big companies involved with it like Microsoft and IBM.

Take a look at this: https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/microsoft-launches-ethereum-blockchain-as-a-service-ebaas-at-devcon-boosts-ethereum-1447277647
Give eth some time to breathe. The functionality of that coin is pretty useless currently and the recent price trends are a pretty good representation of that.
I would say eth needs at least 2 years to develop itself.

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████