Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:24:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk.org on Facebook  (Read 1535 times)
Kisleav

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 04:58:56 AM

Am going to like and follow it on Feb and twitter
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 05:00:42 AM

I take it you meant to type bitcointalk.org (the forum here) and not bitcoin.org. My theory is that Bitcoin still comprises mostly of nerds and nerds are mostly introverts. FB is for social people that likes to talk and mix with others, I wouldn't surprised if the majority of Bitcoiners do not have FB accounts. I was a little surprised I couldn't find an official FB page for bitcoin.org though, I really think they should link to official FB and Twitter accounts from the main site.
defaultking

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 05:56:57 AM

I think most people talking about bitcoin would rather come here for on than facebook. And two of most people are like me they don't get involved in many groups on facebook.
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:35:15 AM

Some people just want to remain anonymous withtheir profiles on forums rather than revealitheir true identity onthe facebook. Facebook is not tha reliable when it comes to bitcoin informtion anyway, havig followers there or not really doesn't makes much difference. People still prefer to stay in the forums.

I agree, many people that use Bitcoin like it for ease and anonymity, flaunt it on FB kind of kills the anonymity of it all.

I love Bitcoin
oblomov

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:58:12 AM

Lol, because if you value your privacy, like a lot of bitcoiners do, Facebook is not the place for you.  I had an account for about 2 months back in 2010 and all of their shit made me extremely paranoid and so I shut it down.  I can't stand Facebook, and I'd say I'm a typical bitcoin user.

I wholeheartedly agree, and had a similar experience.  I still have a FB account, but I seldom visit.

I would never tell FB "friends" that I use BTC any more than I would tell them how much gold I own or what types of firearms I have.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 08:45:47 AM

because it is a thing for geek, let's be honest here, until bitcoin will be regulated the average joe will not care

they like to feel secure especially when we talk about money
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 10:05:58 AM

I take it you meant to type bitcointalk.org (the forum here) and not bitcoin.org. My theory is that Bitcoin still comprises mostly of nerds and nerds are mostly introverts. FB is for social people that likes to talk and mix with others, I wouldn't surprised if the majority of Bitcoiners do not have FB accounts. I was a little surprised I couldn't find an official FB page for bitcoin.org though, I really think they should link to official FB and Twitter accounts from the main site.

Not at all, if you are social ... you should go outside your home and talk face to face with your friend (if you have the opportunity) not from a computer  Grin.

However I don't think facebook is the right place to talk about bitcoin, it's better a forum like that (bitcointalk.org).
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 10:14:41 AM

I joined just 1 official bitcoin group on Facebook but due to the notifications (almost 3-4 daily), I left the group. I dint find a group with members of this forum or any bitcoin.org FB group and it wouldn't be of any use as whatever we discuss in that group is the same we can discuss on this forum as well.

People out here do have Facebook accounts as well as Twitter accounts but many who aren't enrolled in campaigns dont use it. Hence many groups are inactive or have very few active users.

ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 11:10:05 AM

Not at all, if you are social ... you should go outside your home and talk face to face with your friend (if you have the opportunity) not from a computer  Grin.

However I don't think facebook is the right place to talk about bitcoin, it's better a forum like that (bitcointalk.org).

What?? outside?  Shocked face to face talks?  Huh That's so 90's man, haven't you heard, sites like FB are the new 'outside' for the online generation  Tongue Extroverts use sites like FB and lesser extroverts use Twitter and introverts well they hang out mostly on forums because there is no instant messaging, voice chats, video chats, personal pics, real names etc  Cheesy
wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 05:48:42 AM

because people are busy in earning some bitcoins they bitcoin community dont have time for facebook , i hardly visit facebook anymore since they disabled my 6 years old account and did not even let me any reason

and also there are many things you can not talk about on facebook but on a forum you can.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: