Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:30:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Russia Bans Imports Of Turkish Produce  (Read 702 times)
MadGamer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 05:58:29 PM

Russia imports 20 percent of its vegetables from Turkey, and the move raises fears of price increases and market instability. Other countries hope to step in and fill the void.

see more here : http://www.ibtimes.com/russia-turkey-relations-update-ukraine-offers-step-after-fruit-vegetable-ban-2203844

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Snipe85

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Infleum

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 06:06:22 PM

That's normal. Turkey attacked Russia, so there's no reason to continue the exchange of goods.

Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 06:09:22 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2015, 06:27:58 PM by Balthazar

I've bought turkish tomatoes recently, tastes like a plastic, israeli and iranian tomatoes are way better. So no problem here, good news for farmers of Dagestan, Chechnya, Krasnodarskiy Krai and so on.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 06:39:46 PM

Russia doesn't want to trade with Turkey anymore, they will reintroduce visa requirement for Turkish citizens who want to travel to Russia (from 1st January 2016) too.
But I heard nothing about ban of Turkish companies which have contracts to build infrastructure for next World Cup in Russia. I guess Russians won't go as far.
zenitzz

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 06:50:04 PM

The NATO has got inadequate members now , i.e. Turkey connected with IS). The NATO plans to have more of inadequate members (Georgia and Ukraine controlled by illegal national radicals). And who is going to pay for their being inadequate?
Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 07:36:15 PM

But I heard nothing about ban of Turkish companies which have contracts to build infrastructure for next World Cup in Russia. I guess Russians won't go as far.

Question is ... does russian will pay them ... LoL like for Sotchi game ... where thousands of worker never saw any penny ....
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 07:50:00 PM

I think Putin want to show lesson here, not only to Turkey but to any country in the world: ''This is what will happen if you harm us''.
Basically, Putin is trying to scare everyone and show how strong and powerful he is.
Western countries need help of Russia in Syria so I think they will accept such Russian actions and will not complain, the same like in Ukraine.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
croato

Activity: 616

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:05:38 PM

I dont blame them, Turks deserve that and i just hope Russia will teach them lesson in manners. You cant expect to stab someone in back and do business with him like nothing happened.
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:39:41 PM

I've bought turkish tomatoes recently, tastes like a plastic, israeli and iranian tomatoes are way better. So no problem here, good news for farmers of Dagestan, Chechnya, Krasnodarskiy Krai and so on.
Speaking about tomatoes... Ketchup, the first thing that comes to hand.

Import from the Georgia, a city of Gori... You probably remember this small city from Fox News reports in 2008 Cheesy

http://i64.tinypic.com/orjvcw.jpg

And the domestical one, produced by some individual entrepreneur, armenian guy who lives in Sochi.

http://i65.tinypic.com/8xvmno.jpg

GMO-free product Cheesy
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 02:16:53 AM

I dont blame them, Turks deserve that and i just hope Russia will teach them lesson in manners. You cant expect to stab someone in back and do business with him like nothing happened.

The NATO has already rewarded the Turks by offering them € 3 billion in funds (disguised as refugee aid), and scrapping the visa requirement for the Turkish nationals traveling to the European Union. Turkey did the dirty work for the NATO by shooting down the Russian fighter jet. And they are getting paid handsomely for that act.
Blithe

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 06:03:45 AM

If I may add as i was reading it
Russia will restrict imports of Turkish fruit and vegetables as part of a package of new sanctions following the downing of a Russian warplane by Turkey last week.

Deputy Prime Minister Arkady Dvorkovich said Monday that the produce ban could be deferred for "several weeks" to allow Russian firms to find new suppliers and curb price rises, according to state news agency RIA Novosti.

Russia has previously banned food imports from the European Union and United States over the Ukraine crisis, a measure which has been blamed for fueling price rises of food on the Russian market.

The new measures against Turkey announced at a meeting chaired by Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev also include limits on Turkish construction firms' ability to sign new contracts in Russia and restrictions on road transport.

The measures come two days after Russian President Vladimir Putin issued a decree ordering sanctions against Turkey and calling for imports to be restricted, although he did not specify which goods were to be banned.

On Monday in Paris, Putin claimed that the plane was shot down to protect what he described as Turkish profiteering from illegal imports of oil produced by Islamic State rebels in Syria. Turkey claims the plane had violated its airspace near the Syrian border, while Russia says it was in Syrian airspace while taking part in Russian military operations there.

RIA reported that Medvedev called for sanctions to be "most effective for the Turkish side but minimally affecting our economic interests."

The new measures come on top of some already published in Putin's decree Saturday, such as an end to visa-free travel for Turks in Russia and to extensions of labor contract for Turks working in Russia as of Jan. 1.

The decree also called for ending chartered flights from Russia to Turkey and for Russian tourism companies to stop selling vacation packages that would include a stay in Turkey.

Meanwhile, Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said his country would not apologize to Russia for shooting down the warplane and said he hoped Russia would reconsider sanctions.

Turkey has said it was defending its national airspace, while the Russian government denies its plane entered Turkey.

The Russian air force said Monday that its Su-34 fighter-bombers in Syria were now armed with air-to-air missiles. Air force spokesman Col. Igor Klimov said the missiles have a range of about 60 kilometers (35 miles), Russian news agencies reported.

Klimov said "the planes are equipped with missiles for their defense," though he did not elaborate on possible air attackers.
CoinBateman

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 06:52:46 AM

Many more restrictions to come.

@CoinBateman | Killer Crypto Instinct
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 10:49:49 AM

The current state of Turkey reminds me of Bulgaria. Bulgaria was about to become the gas transportation hub of Europe, after the Russians decided to construct the South Stream pipeline from Krasnodar to the Balkans. However, the Bulgarians backtracked from their promises, as a result of the carrot and stick tactics by the NATO. Now Bulgaria is left without natiral gas and transit revenues worth billions of EUR per year. Same with Turkey as well. Turkey could have become the gas transportation hub of Europe, after the completion of the Turkish Stream pipeline. They went a step further than Bulgaria, by picking up an all-out confrontation with the Russians. Now the Turks will be left without gas, transit revenues, tourists, and a market for its fruits and vegetables.
galdur

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 11:21:14 AM

Being a buyer of fruits and vegetables isn´t much of a problem nowadays. Most commodities are at a multi-year low, so I guess loss of sales is a much bigger headache. This is a great move by Russia, it could spur local producers and probably they´ll get better deals than before on imports.

doanlang

Activity: 231

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 11:44:44 AM

Russia intends to rachet up Sanctions until Turkey apologises.  We may be seeing a blockade in the future. Unilateral Sanctions only go so far, and a blockade is more effective.
galdur

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 11:59:59 AM

The more destabilized that Turkey´s economy gets the sooner it will join the sick underbelly of Europe.The more ache there the better. So hopefully Russia squeezes them as much as possible.

xht

Activity: 462

hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 05:45:25 PM

Just more proof that Putin doesn't actually care for, or about, his people. Only his personal egotistical, maniacal, desire to make Russia relevant to the world, and be some kind of "World" leader. Of which he most certainly is not.

Taratoor

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 05:49:44 PM

That's normal. Turkey attacked Russia, so there's no reason to continue the exchange of goods.

do you really think like this? which world do you live? turkey drops that plane on their borders.
if russia is continue to crying like this they must play on their borderlands.

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄       ▄█▄         
                                  █████     █████         
                         ▄██▄      ▀█▀       ▀█▀         
                 ▄█▄     ▀██▀                             
          ▄      ▀█▀                         ▄█▄         
         ▀█▀                       ▄█▄      █████         
                         ▄██▄     █████      ▀█▀         
    ██           ▄█▄     ▀██▀      ▀█▀                   
          ▄      ▀█▀                         ▄█▄         
         ▀█▀                       ▄█▄      █████         
                         ▄██▄     █████      ▀█▀         
    ██           ▄█▄     ▀██▀      ▀█▀                   
                 ▀█▀                                     
           ▄                       ▄█▄       ▄█▄         
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄     █████     █████         
    ██           ▄█▄     ▀██▀      ▀█▀       ▀█▀         
                 ▀█▀                                     
            ▄                       ▄█▄      ▄█▄         
           ▀█▀             ▄██▄    █████    █████         
     ██             ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀         
              ▄     ▀█▀                                   
             ▀█▀                          ▄█▄             
        ██               ▄█▄    ▄██▄     █████           
                   ▄     ▀█▀    ▀██▀      ▀█▀             
                  ▀█▀                                     
             ██                    ▄██▄                   
                     ▄      ▄█▄    ▀██▀                   
                    ▀█▀     ▀█▀                           

▄█    ▄█  ▄█         ▄█████▄    ▀█▄      ▄█▀
██    ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██     ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██    ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ████   
██    ██  ██    ██  ██▄    ▄█     ▄██▀▀██▄   
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀    ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
doanlang

Activity: 231

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 06:24:43 PM

Being a buyer of fruits and vegetables isn´t much of a problem nowadays. Most commodities are at a multi-year low, so I guess loss of sales is a much bigger headache. This is a great move by Russia, it could spur local producers and probably they´ll get better deals than before on imports.
No fresh fruits and vegetables from Turkey. Embarrassed
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 06:39:57 PM

do you really think like this? which world do you live? turkey drops that plane on their borders.
if russia is continue to crying like this they must play on their borderlands.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1261126.msg13112138#msg13112138
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1261126.msg13103802#msg13103802

Enjoy your dumbness. Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: