Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:40:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best exchanges for speculators?  (Read 1013 times)
Aethan (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 07:09:02 PM

Looking for an exchange where I can buy and sell thousands to tens of thousands USD in BTC instantly with minimal fees.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 07:25:54 PM

i like kraken, if you are in europe it has a very fast transfer, the same day basically if done on morning

otherwise there are the common bitfinex and bitstamp, if you want more volume there are the chinese exchange like houbi and okcoin
sx100

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 07:37:57 PM

Bitfinex charges lower fees than bitstamp. The Chinese exchanges like houbi and okcoin don't charge any fees at all for trading. They look like they have higher volume than the exchanges that charge fees but most of their volume is from high frequency buying and selling of the same coins by bots.
Aethan (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:44:53 PM

Bitfinex charges lower fees than bitstamp. The Chinese exchanges like houbi and okcoin don't charge any fees at all for trading. They look like they have higher volume than the exchanges that charge fees but most of their volume is from high frequency buying and selling of the same coins by bots.

Thanks guys! I've been trading on Coinbase but my problem is that the USD wallet isn't available in Florida. Everytime I want to sell I have to cash out, eat 1% in fees, and wait 5 days for the money to deposit. When I want to buy I have to eat 1% again and wait 5 days for the coins to post to my wallet. Very inconvenient!
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:49:11 PM

As some users suggested kraken should do the job for you, but also check coinbase they have 1% fee and a bank fee.
MatTheCat

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:54:21 PM

I like Kraken....but perhaps not so good if you are rolling around in trades with 50 BTC or whatever.....

Bitstamp is the most established and most 'shenaningan free' of the large exchanges, but they only offer very limited trading tools...Buy, Sell, Stop, Market and Limit. No leverage. No shorting.

That leaves Bitfinex, Huobi, and OKcoin.......a man takes his chances in the Wild West.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:58:45 PM

What about OKcoin saying that they can't serve US citizens? Is there any way around this?

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:02:37 PM

I can also recommend kraken, that fits your needs. Have been using them and they have the biggest volume, if you are Europe-based. Bitcoin.de is another exchange I use, but mainly because of their security features. They're much slower in processing fiat-Btc conversions, thus quite unlikely that would be a good tip for what you want.

this space is intentionally left blank
Aethan (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:16:02 PM

I like Kraken....but perhaps not so good if you are rolling around in trades with 50 BTC or whatever.....

Bitstamp is the most established and most 'shenaningan free' of the large exchanges, but they only offer very limited trading tools...Buy, Sell, Stop, Market and Limit. No leverage. No shorting.

That leaves Bitfinex, Huobi, and OKcoin.......a man takes his chances in the Wild West.

I'm not to 50 BTC trades yet so I'm sure Kraken would be fine for now as long as i can use it from Florida. I'm just looking for a place to trade that won't require me to cash out to my bank account everytime I sell and then use my CC/Check card to buy again. I want to be able to have fast reaction times. Ideally, cash funds would be held on the site when I sell so I can instantly rebuy. I'm also concerned about generating a SAR with 20k in charges rolling in and out of my account. Low fees are a bonus. Thanks!
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:00:13 PM

What about OKcoin saying that they can't serve US citizens? Is there any way around this?

I don't think so! Unfortunately more and more exchanges are closing their doors for US citizens. I am sure that this has to do with the US government. They want to regulate everything. Btc-e, OkCoin has closed the doors.

US government has pretty much said, you have now 3 legal exchanges in the US, Gemini, Circle and Coinbase and go ahead, buy your coins there.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 05:12:18 PM

Bitfinex is where i am doing almost all of my exchanges. I  am a small day trader so don't know how cheaper is their fees but they have quite faster user interface, deposit and withdrawl system.

Aethan (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 07:29:22 PM

What would stop me, hypothetically speaking, from buying bitcoin from a USA exchange, sending to a wallet on Kraken, and then trading on Kraken? Also, they say on their website they are available in the usa, maybe this is new.
inget

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 01:06:11 AM

Kraken en bitfinex have some good volume. I prefer kraken however. Their SEPA withdrawals are quie fast. There withdrawals fees are quite hight though.

newcoins1978

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 01:25:07 AM

The altcoin market is very volatile but can be very rewarding.

If you like risks, take your chance there. Bittrex and Poloniex are some reputable exchanges these days.
bitcoinhopper

Activity: 336

Bravity is beautiful.

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 02:46:41 AM

Kraken en bitfinex have some good volume. I prefer kraken however. Their SEPA withdrawals are quie fast. There withdrawals fees are quite hight though.

Bitfinex is the largest one. Go there. They got sufficient protection like 2fa and offline storing.

Also you can sell prety easy, since there pleny of buy/sell orders

rickday

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 03:02:53 AM

Definitely igot is,

http://igot.com
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2346

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 06:28:22 AM

If you are looking for a USD based exchange then bitfinex is by far the best place to go, and pretty much every other exchange will result in fairly significant slippage if you try to buy several thousand dollars worth of bitcoin at once. As a general rule, you can buy/sell several hundred (maybe 300-500 or so) btc without moving the exchange rate more then $3 or so.

If you already have money in btc and simply want to trade with existing money then I would suggest (I am not recommending) that you look into huobi (a chinese exchange). As a general rule, you can move at least 700 btc without moving the exchange rate more then 20 yen (which is ~$3.5). Huobi, like the other chinese exchanges do not charge trading fees, so they may be a good exchange for a speculator. Although you will need to trust them (as is the case with bitfinex, and any other exchange), and it has long been rumored that the chinese changes operate on a fractional reserve system.

Both of the above exchanges offer leverage, which is often a feature that speculators look for.
ironbit

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:45:27 PM

The best are Yobit.net, Poloniex.com and Bittex.com. For thousands of dollars, you should use Bittrex.com or Poloniex.com.
extrabyte
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 10:34:42 PM

The best are Yobit.net, Poloniex.com and Bittex.com. For thousands of dollars, you should use Bittrex.com or Poloniex.com.

Yobit does not have good/large volume of usd/btc and the buy sell orders are just small so for larger transaction is preferred somewhere else but not in yobit.
sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 10:31:08 PM

Yobit is not recommended. It's a exchange made for altcoins scams.

If you want to trade solid altcoins go for bittrex or poloniex.com.
Do you speculate on bitcoin, i prefer kraken.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: