Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:43:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to develop my own coin?  (Read 536 times)
BTCBinary (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:31:04 PM

I don't have many coding skills but I would like to know if I can develop my own coin and what is the easiest way to do it.

Does anyone know about some good tutorials or maybe sites where I can develop my own coin?
FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:36:59 PM

I don't have many coding skills but I would like to know if I can develop my own coin and what is the easiest way to do it.

Does anyone know about some good tutorials or maybe sites where I can develop my own coin?
No one except satoshi and owner of litecoin(mayby dogecoin too) developed their own coin, the rest just made a simple clone of it and changed some values and boom you have a unique coin. There are some guides on the internet, I think this one is the best(for free):https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=193025.0

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
vilain

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:02:39 PM

No one except satoshi and owner of litecoin(mayby dogecoin too) developed their own coin, the rest just made a simple clone of it and changed some values and boom you have a unique coin. There are some guides on the internet, I think this one is the best(for free):https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=193025.0

Been having a doubt for days now and your answer just made me feel you could help.

I'm new to altcoins and my first impression is that all altcoins values are directly linked to bitcoin quote. Is this true? Does this makes any sense? If that's the case, would those "independently-developed" coins like LTC and DOGE have an independent quote? I mean, if BTC falls, would they resist (and for that they would be a nice way to hedge investments)?

thanks in advance.
FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:07:45 PM

Been having a doubt for days now and your answer just made me feel you could help.

I'm new to altcoins and my first impression is that all altcoins values are directly linked to bitcoin quote. Is this true? Does this makes any sense? If that's the case, would those "independently-developed" coins like LTC and DOGE have an independent quote? I mean, if BTC falls, would they resist (and for that they would be a nice way to hedge investments)?

thanks in advance.
I don't know if that is true. Some people might say it is indeed related others will say it won't.
Some people say that the price of gold has impact on bitcoin, but that is very unlikely I think.
U should google about it and find more out about the world of cryptocurrency. I suggest you to search some educational video's on youtube, they are very useful!

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:16:26 PM

The Litecoin code was a fork of Bitcoin and Dogecoin a fork of "luckycoin" (whatever that is). Litecoin and Dogecoin both took very little innovation to create. But there are plenty of other cryptocurrencies built from the ground up besides Bitcoin that are not simply cloned from a previous coin. Ethereum and Dash are the two that come to mind first.

For the OP, if you have limited programming skills don't try to build anything from the ground up. You will quickly be overwhelmed. What I suggest is that you contact a service that will create a cryptocurrency clone for you (plenty of them right here on Bitcointalk). Basically you pay them a little bit of money, they do all the coding and turn over a brand new and unreleased coin to you. Anything else will be a lot of work and time.

Here is an article which might have some useful information for you. It discusses some of the details required for building your own coin, and it also describes the method of paying a developer to create your coin like I mentioned above:

http://cryptorials.io/how-anyone-can-make-their-own-digital-currency/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
BTCDDev

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 11:17:49 PM

BCNext created Nxt

BitcoinDark: RPHWc5CwP9YMMbvXQ4oXz5rQHb3pKkhaxc
Top Donations: juicybirds 420BTCD ensorcell 84BTCD Stuntruffle: 40BTCD
Top April Donations: juicybirds 420BTCD; ensorcell: 42BTCD
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 11:39:25 PM

Eh...you are forgetting that Ripple (not a crypto, btw), Nxt, Ethereum, BitShares and NEM are all original code.
Dash, Peercoin and Namecoin all have at least some original code, though I can't be arsed finding out exactly how much.
(sure someone will be along to tell me soon... Cheesy )

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 11:47:47 PM

Also VNL uses its own code that referenced peer coin.

But if you are asking how to fork a coin, You shouldn't be forking another coin.

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: