Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:31:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer s4+ issues  (Read 849 times)
wikkidtt (OP)

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 04:19:33 PM

Bought a s4+ off of the forums and while I wait for the seller to respond I was hoping to get some ideas of what the issue is as it was sold as hashing perfectly at 2.5th

Has dedicated 240v feed and can't seem to get it hashing right. As of now 3 asic are missing and getting multiple X's on same board. See picture.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8how8ck2a3jrri/Photo%20Dec%2006%2C%2011%2024%2039%20AM.jpg?dl=0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:43:31 PM

Bought a s4+ off of the forums and while I wait for the seller to respond I was hoping to get some ideas of what the issue is as it was sold as hashing perfectly at 2.5th

Has dedicated 240v feed and can't seem to get it hashing right. As of now 3 asic are missing and getting multiple X's on same board. See picture.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8how8ck2a3jrri/Photo%20Dec%2006%2C%2011%2024%2039%20AM.jpg?dl=0

I am sure you have already tried soft and hard reboot. Mine had same issue a long time ago (don't have the miner anymore) unplugging and restarting the miner solved it.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
wikkidtt (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 04:50:06 PM

I am sure you have already tried soft and hard reboot. Mine had same issue a long time ago (don't have the miner anymore) unplugging and restarting the miner solved it.

Yeah tried all of that including a factory reset.
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:56:40 PM

Try lowering frequency to 150mhz to see if that brings the chips back online. Then work your way back up to 200MHz.

Otherwise, ask for compensation from seller.
wikkidtt (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 05:10:54 PM

Try lowering frequency to 150mhz to see if that brings the chips back online. Then work your way back up to 200MHz.

I'll do that. Also if I move around the board connectors to see if the issue follows the board or the connector is that ok to do?
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:15:20 PM

I'll do that. Also if I move around the board connectors to see if the issue follows the board or the connector is that ok to do?

Yep, I was going to suggest that if playing with the clock speed didn't help.
wikkidtt (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 05:35:29 PM

Ok so at 150 it's stable with no X's but still missing 3 Asic chips on that board. I'll keep adding speed till it fails then back off one. After that I'll swap board connectors. Thanks for the help
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 07:56:35 PM

Ok so at 150 it's stable with no X's but still missing 3 Asic chips on that board. I'll keep adding speed till it fails then back off one. After that I'll swap board connectors. Thanks for the help

When you did hard reboots, did you unplug the miner for 10-20 seconds to power cycle? When i mess with voltage, i often have to unplug the supply to PSU for a while, until it click click, otherwise the PSU stays on even when you turn off the machine.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 07:58:39 PM

I'd open her up and verify all data and power connectors to make sure nothing got loosened during transport.
wikkidtt (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 09:15:47 PM

I'd open her up and verify all data and power connectors to make sure nothing got loosened during transport.

Yeah verified all the connections and all other boards work fine at 200mhz but the one board regardless of where it's plugged it at is missing 3 chips and gets about 9 X's unless I run at 150. The seller said he would make good on the issue. Hopefully he just ships me another board. Even redid the power connectors and same issue. It's dementia ply a board issue. I'm gonna keep at 150mhz till he gets me another board. It's hashing about 1800-2000gh at those settings.
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 09:19:42 PM

Good to hear that you won't get stuck with a bum unit. Is your unit still running the original firmware? I made the mistake of updating mine, and bitmain sneakily removed frequency options above 200mhz. Make sure you don't update if you plan on overclocking. Wish I could revert my units back to the original firmware!
wikkidtt (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 09:29:01 PM

Good to hear that you won't get stuck with a bum unit. Is your unit still running the original firmware? I made the mistake of updating mine, and bitmain sneakily removed frequency options above 200mhz. Make sure you don't update if you plan on overclocking. Wish I could revert my units back to the original firmware!

It has the latest but I dont plan on overclocking as its not on my free electricity like my other units.
wikkidtt (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 12:51:08 PM

So that board finally took a shit. Is it possible to put a s4 board in its place as there a lot easier to get ahold of. And can I run it without the board completely?  I'll tape off the power connector. And pull the controller connectors
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 05:58:50 PM

You can definitely run it with only 3 boards. Just unplug the power and data cables.

Not sure if an S4 board would work, but I would think so. I have 4 spare S4 boards if you want to buy one.
wikkidtt (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 09:02:57 PM

You can definitely run it with only 3 boards. Just unplug the power and data cables.

Not sure if an S4 board would work, but I would think so. I have 4 spare S4 boards if you want to buy one.

My thought is I put a s4 board in it from my s4 and run it at default speed and until I purchase another s4 board I can run my s4 overclocked. 

So 3 s4+ boards and 1 s4 board in my s4+ and 3 boards in my s4 overclocked till I get a new board.

I'm gonna check this out tonight.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: