Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:10:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Write a Congressperson! (My letter to Ron Paul)  (Read 4065 times)
niemivh (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 05:37:38 AM

Can you give us a link to Ron or Rand's email or address we can send a letter to?

Rand: http://paul.senate.gov/?p=contact
Ron: http://paul.house.gov/

I'll keep my politics out of your economics if you keep your economics out of my politics.

16LdMA6pCgq9ULrstHmiwwwbGe1BJQyDqr

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 01:46:36 AM

can you write to a congressperson, even if you are not a US citizen? will they listen?

They'll listen to a non-citizen just as well as they listen to a citizen.

Your Congress Critter doesn't really listen to you.  They don't care about you.  All they care about is getting reelected, but if they are in a safe district, then they really don't need to be concerned much.  I learned my lesson when I wrote to my Senator Scumbag Iasakson to strongly advise against bailing out the car industry.  Apparently they got over 20 calls against bailout for every call for bailout, but he still voted for it.  It was around that point that I lost all faith in any positive outcomes from working with the political system.

So yeah, it doest really matter if you are a citizen/non-citizen or voter/non-voter or in the district even.  All they care about is getting reelected.  And that usually means wheter you are a lobvyist or major contributor.  So I wouldn't waste your time and ink.

And Ron Paul probablly wouldn't read it even.  He is very busy, and all his aids probably read muses.org religiously every day and will rejct bitcoin outright when try discover that it's not backed by silver or gold.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
d3wo

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

Kupo!

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 02:06:03 AM

No, because there is no way to hide the connections between Sam and John from Paypal, and by proxy the government overseers.  Sam and John are both known persons to Paypal, whereas Sam and John are just long numbers to the Bitcoin blockchain.

How is there a connection between Sam and John on paypal?  If Sam paid socks - and it's proxy delivered to John how does paypal know about the connection between Sam and John?  If John pays for a Skype number's credit and hand the password to Silk Road and Silk Road delivers drugs to Sam, how does paypal know about the connection between Silk Road and Sam?

Isn't the problem with laundering Bitcoins, and not with Bitcoins?

Hey dude...
it's new stuff, new rules

Donations Welcome: 1GD3Sg3xcAzoc4V2SbkdTkFT9acio65Wr9
NO_SLAVE

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 03:20:07 AM

Ron Paul couldnt care less about BTC, he is a tangible asset man. BTC is another fiat. 
Tangible assets are very difficult to bring into existence and their supply is limited by physical restrictions...i.e. natural law. 
the bernank dollar and BTC can be jobbed anyway TPTB decide. Meaning, the zimbabweism ALWAYS takes hold at some point near or far.
andrew_jacksun

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 04:43:18 AM

i used to vote ron paul, until i heard him suggest selling the fort knox gold supply. then i realized hes the illuminati alternative.
my fix for congress: public financing for elected officials, and term limits
niemivh (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 04:45:00 AM

Are people cynical because they have bad government or do people have bad government because they are cynical?

I'll keep my politics out of your economics if you keep your economics out of my politics.

16LdMA6pCgq9ULrstHmiwwwbGe1BJQyDqr
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 03:34:32 PM

i used to vote ron paul, until i heard him suggest selling the fort knox gold supply. then i realized hes the illuminati alternative.

Government can't be "fixed".  Institutionalized Monopolies on Violence cannot be "reformed".  The armed gangs can't be made more "benevolent".  The politicians can't be made "less corrupt".  Strike the root.  http://strike-the-root.com/

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
NO_SLAVE

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 03:59:56 PM

Aj, glad Im not the only one that caught that about selling the gold (assuming there is gold in there!)
If the gold were sold you know who would buy it, the elite. And then the american public would be stuck with nothing but TP.
He who has the gold has the power.

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 05:50:30 PM

Aj, glad Im not the only one that caught that about selling the gold (assuming there is gold in there!)
If the gold were sold you know who would buy it, the elite. And then the american public would be stuck with nothing but TP.
He who has the gold has the power.

You guys realize that politicos sometimes make rediculous statements to highlight the rediculousness of the situtation, don't you?  He made this comment within the context that there are still people that believe that there is gold in Fort Knox, and that it underpins the value of the US FRN.  If that were so, then attempting to sell the gold would naturally require an audit of the reserves.  He knew that the powers-that-be would refuse any such thing, but Ron Paul also knew that some of their own supporters would then think "hell, why not?" and a very small percentage of them will be started down a path to revelation.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
ensign_lee

Activity: 886
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 06:40:51 PM

can you write to a congressperson, even if you are not a US citizen? will they listen?

They'll listen to a non-citizen just as well as they listen to a citizen.
nice to know! maybe i will write to one, will heavily consider it.

Before you take that time and effort, I think what he actually meant was that they don't listen to citizens, the same way they don't listen to non-citizens.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
andrew_jacksun

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 12:23:18 PM

since 2004 i've wrote congress pplz.
they always reply. even when i ask em to legalize weed.

i'm thinking about asking em for a list of what countries on earth dont have a central bank economy, last i heard it was cuba sudan iran north korea & libya

wat.jpg
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: