Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:53:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: c0fferCoin ... Gemstones for Crypto Since 2015!!!  (Read 15863 times)
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 06:13:38 PM

Yes, It is because this brings confusion so re-use a dead ticker is not a option valid neither and  not being approved is valid, So think on
Bitc0in,Litec0in,NameC0in,M0ner0,Etc  even considering that they could be alive forever the names dont could be used in a new project, The context is general to crypto, It could apply to exchanges too, It will be not a good idea to name a new exchange MTG0X (is a zero), Is like say that somebody can launch Faceb00k,G00gle Or launch a S.O called D0s or Wind0ws 3.1. Some Devs choose to make small changes adding a letter or so which is not valid neither.

Please do not hijack this thread into an irrelevant discussion about naming coins, products or trademark related issues.

The dead coin mentioned was called CoCoCoin (no zeroes) and the purpose of the coin was generic. The thread for that can has not seen any activity in almost a year and it does not appear to be trading on any exchange.

For clarification purposes:

The name of the coin in this thread is c0fferC0in (with zeroes).
The ticker symbol for c0fferC0in is c0c0 (with zeroes).
c0fferC0in is a coin to be used with gemstones.

One of the best things about cryptocurrency and the emerging digital economy is the consensus-based nature of the existence of a currency. Creation and usage of a coin is not based on "approval" by any one entity, it is based on acceptance by a community of users who agree with the purpose of the coin. This thread is here to offer information about c0fferC0in.

Please let me say something else You say that: Creation and usage of a coin is not based on "approval" by any one entity, Thats right, But take in mind the next: No alls the coins are accepted on the sames exchanges each one have his own rules so its is based on "approval" of its, A coin without exchange is not useful, So the "approval" is neccesary.
The reason for doing this observation on your thread is not the product of a whim but due more to a necessary process that is required of standardization,all this kind of things , I seek not delve more into this type of sake of discussion here but you still have the option to change the ticker.

c0ffer (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Gems:Crypto

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 12:30:01 AM

Latest news:

- Initial node group is running

- The store is stocked with inventory, now adding photos

- Block explorer is functional

- API testing and shopping cart integration is in progress

Updates are now being posted on Twitter: https://twitter.com/c0fferCoin so feel free to follow for information about how things are moving.

CryptoCurrency for Gemstones ... Website | Main Thread  -  c0c0 Trading on YoBit
Godson_Mansa

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@Mansa_Godson

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:01:48 AM

here's an idea, why not release a wallet or maybe even source on github.
damn i'm a genius

http://MutualCapitalCrypto.com

Bitrated user: AltcoinGodson.
BITDV
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 09:31:15 AM

Nobody wants your shitcoin fucker

Bahahah this twit only has 5 words in his language !!

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 12:26:49 PM

Yes, It is because this brings confusion so re-use a dead ticker is not a option valid neither and  not being approved is valid, So think on
Bitc0in,Litec0in,NameC0in,M0ner0,Etc  even considering that they could be alive forever the names dont could be used in a new project, The context is general to crypto, It could apply to exchanges too, It will be not a good idea to name a new exchange MTG0X (is a zero), Is like say that somebody can launch Faceb00k,G00gle Or launch a S.O called D0s or Wind0ws 3.1. Some Devs choose to make small changes adding a letter or so which is not valid neither.

Please do not hijack this thread into an irrelevant discussion about naming coins, products or trademark related issues.

The dead coin mentioned was called CoCoCoin (no zeroes) and the purpose of the coin was generic. The thread for that can has not seen any activity in almost a year and it does not appear to be trading on any exchange.

For clarification purposes:

The name of the coin in this thread is c0fferC0in (with zeroes).
The ticker symbol for c0fferC0in is c0c0 (with zeroes).
c0fferC0in is a coin to be used with gemstones.

One of the best things about cryptocurrency and the emerging digital economy is the consensus-based nature of the existence of a currency. Creation and usage of a coin is not based on "approval" by any one entity, it is based on acceptance by a community of users who agree with the purpose of the coin. This thread is here to offer information about c0fferC0in.

Please let me say something else You say that: Creation and usage of a coin is not based on "approval" by any one entity, Thats right, But take in mind the next: No alls the coins are accepted on the sames exchanges each one have his own rules so its is based on "approval" of its, A coin without exchange is not useful, So the "approval" is neccesary.
The reason for doing this observation on your thread is not the product of a whim but due more to a necessary process that is required of standardization,all this kind of things , I seek not delve more into this type of sake of discussion here but you still have the option to change the ticker.

thank God you're here to represent the voice of reason and logic and save us from going down the slippery path of having tickers that are just too similar to another (but dead) shitcoin.

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
c0ffer (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 03:05:30 PM

damn i'm a genius
It is great to see continued early interest in this coin.

Wallet and source code will be released very soon.

Right now the network is being tested with an initial group of nodes to make sure the blockchain is moving smoothly.

While this is happening the store is being finalized. (Adding photos to the store is time consuming)

There are no coins in circulation at this stage and details about the coin have not been released so it is premature to release the source code and wallet.

CryptoCurrency for Gemstones ... Website | Main Thread  -  c0c0 Trading on YoBit
Godson_Mansa

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@Mansa_Godson

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 05:51:13 PM

damn i'm a genius
It is great to see continued early interest in this coin.

Wallet and source code will be released very soon.

Right now the network is being tested with an initial group of nodes to make sure the blockchain is moving smoothly.

While this is happening the store is being finalized. (Adding photos to the store is time consuming)

There are no coins in circulation at this stage and details about the coin have not been released so it is premature to release the source code and wallet.

that's good news, i just wanna get my hands on this bad boy real quick. seems like a really good project.

http://MutualCapitalCrypto.com

Bitrated user: AltcoinGodson.
c0ffer (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 06:55:26 PM

that's good news, i just wanna get my hands on this bad boy real quick. seems like a really good project.
Thank you for the support. At the very least this should be an interesting exercise in what can be accomplished with cryptocurrency.

More information about the coin has been posted at the website. More information will be added to the thread as well. Twitter is being updated too so please follow for updates.

Right now the focus is on getting all of the main elements functional so the coin is useful immediately.

The most time consuming element is the store which is progressing steadily.

NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 07:04:54 PM

I just have a couple questions about this coin.  Why is this an IPO or ICO coin?  What do you need the BTC for before the coin is even launched?  Also what kind of gemstones are people going to buy with these coins?  I'm not trying to come across rude or suggest that this is a scam in anyway I'm just curious as to what is so innovative about this coin and why would you need BTC before this coin is even launched? Thanks

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

FarSider

Activity: 91
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 07:16:12 PM

Hmmm, watching. Not holding my breath, but it is good to see new projects.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 07:43:55 PM

I just have a couple questions about this coin.  Why is this an IPO or ICO coin?  What do you need the BTC for before the coin is even launched?  Also what kind of gemstones are people going to buy with these coins?  I'm not trying to come across rude or suggest that this is a scam in anyway I'm just curious as to what is so innovative about this coin and why would you need BTC before this coin is even launched? Thanks
Just wanted to quote this again to make sure that my questions aren't being ignored Cheesy

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

c0ffer (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 07:55:55 PM

Just wanted to quote this again to make sure that my questions aren't being ignored Cheesy
Questions and feedback are welcomed. Your inquiries are definitely not being ignored. You have asked some questions worthy of thoughtful responses. Smiley

Why is this an IPO or ICO coin?
No ICO/IPO has been announced for c0fferC0in since initial distribution methods are still being evaluated. Because there is physical product associated with redeeming c0fferC0in this must be handled carefully so the coin remains viable.

What do you need the BTC for before the coin is even launched?
No BTC is being sought prior to the launch of c0fferC0in. This is not a coin based on promises of upcoming features, c0fferC0in tokens will become available when the ecosystem is ready. All initial development costs are pre-funded. All gemstone inventory is acquired and on-hand. Coins will be made available to the open market when all of the core elements are in place.

Also what kind of gemstones are people going to buy with these coins? 
There will be a good variety of gemstones available, similar to the types of stones I have offered in the past as well as new stones that have been acquired specifically for the c0fferC0in store. Examples include: amethyst, topaz, garnet, peridot, citrine and others. There are also some higher value stones such as tanzanites, sapphires and rubies. The inventory will change and update with new items over time.

I have sold many gemstones to people over the years using all sorts of interesting methods and everyone has been happy. What makes this coin innovative is that you can use it to buy the same types of gemstones that have been available before but the cost will be based on the market value of c0fferC0in. The price of the gemstones in the store does not change based on the market value of the coins, like with other cryptocurrencies, so it should be very interesting to see how the market treats the value of c0fferC0in.

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 08:57:03 PM

Questions and feedback are welcomed. Your inquiries are definitely not being ignored. You have asked some questions worthy of thoughtful responses. Smiley

Why is this an IPO or ICO coin?
No ICO/IPO has been announced for c0fferC0in since initial distribution methods are still being evaluated. Because there is physical product associated with redeeming c0fferC0in this must be handled carefully so the coin remains viable.

What do you need the BTC for before the coin is even launched?
No BTC is being sought prior to the launch of c0fferC0in. This is not a coin based on promises of upcoming features, c0fferC0in tokens will become available when the ecosystem is ready. All initial development costs are pre-funded. All gemstone inventory is acquired and on-hand. Coins will be made available to the open market when all of the core elements are in place.

Also what kind of gemstones are people going to buy with these coins? 
There will be a good variety of gemstones available, similar to the types of stones I have offered in the past as well as new stones that have been acquired specifically for the c0fferC0in store. Examples include: amethyst, topaz, garnet, peridot, citrine and others. There are also some higher value stones such as tanzanites, sapphires and rubies. The inventory will change and update with new items over time.

I have sold many gemstones to people over the years using all sorts of interesting methods and everyone has been happy. What makes this coin innovative is that you can use it to buy the same types of gemstones that have been available before but the cost will be based on the market value of c0fferC0in. The price of the gemstones in the store does not change based on the market value of the coins, like with other cryptocurrencies, so it should be very interesting to see how the market treats the value of c0fferC0in.

Well I must say I am quite impressed and happy with your responses there mate Smiley Very well handled and good to see someone launching a coin (or token) that isn't afraid to answer the simplest questions without getting all insulted or offended by them Cheesy I guess I'll keep an eye on this and see how it unfolds but whether or not I decide to partake in this partay I wish you the best of luck on your endeavor mate Cheesy 

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

c0ffer (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 11:32:19 PM

Well I must say I am quite impressed and happy with your responses there mate Smiley Very well handled and good to see someone launching a coin (or token) that isn't afraid to answer the simplest questions without getting all insulted or offended by them Cheesy I guess I'll keep an eye on this and see how it unfolds but whether or not I decide to partake in this partay I wish you the best of luck on your endeavor mate Cheesy 
Thank you for the positive feedback. Hopefully you will continue to find the progress of this coin interesting.

Excellent progress has been made on the store in recent days. The store is now able to process payments using c0fferC0in. There are still a few tests to perform but the outlook is very promising. It is likely I will post some additional information about the modifications made to the store in the appropriate thread since I know some people like that type of information.

Still working on adding pictures but everything else is on track.

l8nit3
Legendary

Activity: 1007

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 12:00:03 AM

interesting concept, any idea on launch date? Or is that still TBA?
My personal thought is that this may be targeting slightly too small of a niche market. With such a high end product I'm unsure how big of a community you'll be able to aquire. (Im making the assumption the you'll be primarily/solely using this for cut, polished stones?)
c0ffer (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 03:25:36 PM

interesting concept, any idea on launch date? Or is that still TBA?
The "official" launch is still to be determined but it is also semi-arbitrary. It could be considered as launched now but no one has access to anything useful so that would be meaningless.
The main priority is having the store available which requires nodes (wallet/daemon), block explorer, coins, inventory, shopping cart system, etc. This is a subtle point that is actually extremely important and is a significant distinguisher for c0fferC0in.

My personal thought is that this may be targeting slightly too small of a niche market. With such a high end product I'm unsure how big of a community you'll be able to aquire. (Im making the assumption the you'll be primarily/solely using this for cut, polished stones?)
Your assumption about the supply is correct. The gemstones are natural, cut and ready for jewelry. The range of stones is from very modest to fairly extravagant with stones ranging in price from a few dollars to a several hundred or more. This is an alternative way for people to get involved with gemstones who might not otherwise do so and without having to spend a great deal to start. I have had very positive response from people buying stones from me over the years so my hope is for this to make the process easier for everyone.

l8nit3
Legendary

Activity: 1007

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 05:03:15 PM

Great response. Smiley Thank you for answering my questions so eloquently and concise. I definitely like the idea, especially for those who try to deal with the 'cash-for-gold' crap thats currently dominating the gold/gemstone market. I know personally in my region, there is no place to sell diamonds/gemstones, only gold, and only at a scrap price. They'll take the entire piece with nothing towards diamond, or will actually make you remove the stones yourself first. A dangerous act which could badly damage the beautiful stones.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this for sure Smiley
c0ffer (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 08:01:17 PM

Great response. Smiley Thank you for answering my questions so eloquently and concise. I definitely like the idea, especially for those who try to deal with the 'cash-for-gold' crap thats currently dominating the gold/gemstone market. I know personally in my region, there is no place to sell diamonds/gemstones, only gold, and only at a scrap price. They'll take the entire piece with nothing towards diamond, or will actually make you remove the stones yourself first. A dangerous act which could badly damage the beautiful stones.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this for sure Smiley
Thank you for the inquiry. I have been considering adding some jewelry into the store as well but am still undecided on details so will likely keep it stocked with loose gems for now. The store is nearing readiness so circulating coins will be coming up soon.

c0fferC0in is certainly something new in a lot of ways. It will be very interesting to see how it works going forward.

c0ffer (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 05:42:16 PM

The block explorer for c0fferC0in is running smoothly. There was a minor hiccup but it appears to be fixed and is moving along nicely.

The block explorer can be seen here:

http://c0c0.c0ffer.com

Also, I have started a separate thread about the distribution of initial coins:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1290554.0

Since it's not an announcement but a separate discussion about distributing coins I thought it made sense to create a new thread in a more appropriate section.

Wallet source code will become available within the next 24-48 hours.

c0ffer (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2015, 06:43:13 PM

Wallet source code link has been added to the original announcement and to the website.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: