Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:11:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: There are no mining companies on litecoinglobal.  (Read 822 times)
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2012, 10:34:40 PM

By mining companies I mean ones where shareholders own the hardware and there is a growth plan in place. Why do you think such companies havent listed ?

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2012, 10:53:34 PM

AJM has a growth plan in place.

Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 11:09:52 PM

Triple B is nearest thing to a mining company.  Unfortunately the asset issuer doesn't seem to know difference between a bond and a share - so it's kind of somewhere in between.

Personally, as an investor I would have very little interest in mining companies.  Mining profit is fairly marginal (as more capacity gets added any time there's significant to profits to be made until the profit margin drops to being minimal).  After whoever runs the company takes their management cut, investors are lucky to get out breaking even (becasue the manager ALWAYS takes their cut out of revenue rather than out of profit).  Because of that, capacity will get added even if it becomes unprofitable - as the manager of a mining company can always make profit so long as they can find people who can't do math to invest.
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2012, 02:01:44 AM

Triple B is nearest thing to a mining company.  Unfortunately the asset issuer doesn't seem to know difference between a bond and a share - so it's kind of somewhere in between.

Personally, as an investor I would have very little interest in mining companies.  Mining profit is fairly marginal (as more capacity gets added any time there's significant to profits to be made until the profit margin drops to being minimal).  After whoever runs the company takes their management cut, investors are lucky to get out breaking even (becasue the manager ALWAYS takes their cut out of revenue rather than out of profit).  Because of that, capacity will get added even if it becomes unprofitable - as the manager of a mining company can always make profit so long as they can find people who can't do math to invest.

Indeed. Its a marked difference to glbse which was almost entirely mining. Its probably why there hasnt been a massive crash in stock value as well....

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2012, 08:09:45 AM

Indeed. Its a marked difference to glbse which was almost entirely mining. Its probably why there hasnt been a massive crash in stock value as well....

There was a big crash during the GLBSE drama.  With asset issuers now being given shareholders lists this should help moot that.  On www.litecoinglobal.com as should be on https://btct.co asset issuers are emailed a full and up to date shareholders list every twelve hours.  So if the website does every go dark a lot of the problems that the GLBSE caused should be non-existant.

creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 01:47:47 AM

Not a huge fan of fixed rate mining bonds, for the reasons mentioned. Were there more quality securities available to investors the price of these bonds would have to be lowered dramatically. Unless and until that's the case I'll hold my nose and shop for the most reliable mining bonds with growth plans in place.

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 01:56:08 AM

I would consider operating a listing should people want to pool resources together and mine litecoins.

Is there enough people around still interested in investing to make doing so worthwhile following the recent drama surrounding assets and exchanges - I dunno.

Yeah if you offered an actual stock with a large reinvestment growth fund on - https://www.litecoinglobal.com - I'm sure you'd get a lot of interest.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: