Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:52:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some questions about Bitfinex  (Read 273 times)
SupaPlex (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 09:31:05 AM

Hi I'm new to using Bitfinex and have a couple of questions. First off do I pay maker fee's when I put an order in even if I end up cancelling it? If so is that the case for all orders ie. do I pay that fee on a stop order right away or only when it become's a market order? The second is about the bank fees regarding transferring money. I deposited $1000 USD via bank wire the other day and only received $955 in my account when I was expecting $980 after their $20 fee was taken out, I emailed them about it and they responded -

The variance is the bank charges from either the remitter's bank or the correspondent bank.

For Deposits the fees charged also depend on the instructions the clients give in relation to the bank charges:
ours, shared or beneficiary.

To find out the exact fees that were applied, please contact your local bank. Bitfinex only charges $20.

Thank you!

The remitter bank would be my bank right? There charge was $18 AUD which was on top the thousand they sent, it was sent in USD to so there should be no extra charge for the wrong currency. Does that mean that the bank they use to hold my money is the one who charged me and if so why such a high fee?

Your answer's are appreciated.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: