Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:22:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MSK]MaskNetwork - the decentralized social network that pay users to post  (Read 15967 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Alfred Dulaire

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 08:59:10 AM

haha are you deleting posts now ? get an Escrow you scamming cunt
https://twitter.com/ThisIsNuse/status/671921041028063232

Just tryed to send coins between two adress in format " ...xxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxxx... " (position of / may change).
only answer I've got so far : "invalid recipient" tryed with several different adress, always the same result :/

Regarding the scam information tweeted by fatcat, indeed this thread is an old repost from 2014... I'ld like to learn more about it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
themasknetwork (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

MaskNetwork lead developer

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 12:18:15 PM

Couldn't node operators steal users private keys?

This probably a scam, i remember a presale for the same network a while ago.

Of course they can. And in many cases they will, if users don't protect their addresses. This is why we have implemented a lot of double factor authentication methods :

Frozen Addresses - You can freeze an address for a period. From a frozen address one cannot spend funds.

Restricted Recipients - By activating this option you will be able to send funds from the address only to a group of up to five other addresses. If an attacker takes control of the address, he/she can only send funds to a specified group of addresses.

Multisignatures - A multi-signature address is an address that is associated with more than one private key. Spending funds from a multisig address requires signatures from up to 5 other addresses.

One Time Passwords - A one-time password (OTP) is a password that is valid for only one transaction, on a computer system or other digital device. Spending funds from an OTP address requires an unique password.

For example, you have a wallet with hiddenwallet.org and you want your coins safe. You follow the steps :

- You open an account to maskplace.net
- Attach your main address on  hiddenwallet a security option like Restricted Recipients pointing to your maskplace address.

An that's it. Even if the owner of hiddenwallet web node OWNS your private keys he / she will be able to send funds only to your address at maskplace.

And of course you could attach the same security option to your maskplace address to point to even another address on another wallet and so on...

It's trivial for a user to setup a really complex security scheme for his / her addresses.

MASKNETWORK.
    Decentralized social trading network that rewards users  |   JOIN ICO
    Assets | Binary Options | Leveraged Markets - Trade and get paid !!!
themasknetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 12:29:25 PM

Just tryed to send coins between two adress in format " ...xxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxxx... " (position of / may change).
only answer I've got so far : "invalid recipient" tryed with several different adress, always the same result :/

Regarding the scam information tweeted by fatcat, indeed this thread is an old repost from 2014... I'ld like to learn more about it.

An address looks like this :

ME4wEAYHKoZIzj0CAQYFK4EEACEDOgAEXmBuVoQ1FgMYQfBYKBCMPCBBPIXNNGNiEz2RwdsGM3g/EWke4d5cWzOiAejcn7Q/xwKwil1OBkM=

Press the QR button next to an address to see the whole address and then try to send again.

Regarding the "scam info" :

In 2014 we have launched a preview for a descktop client. After the initial tests / suggestions we have quickly understand that there is not going to be any adoption if regular joe will have to download a piece of software in order to paly with MaskCoins. Nobody will download and install anything just to browse a marketplace. Ebay is more than ok for them. Force a user to download something = no adoption

So we have return to the drawing board. We have rewritten a lot of code. We have redesigned a lot of sections and now we have the first real 100% web-base p2p decentralized cryptocoin and much more.

MASKNETWORK.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 07:12:31 PM

ME4wEAYHKoZIzj0CAQYFK4EEACEDOgAEXmBuVoQ1FgMYQfBYKBCMPCBBPIXNNGNiEz2RwdsGM3g/EWke4d5cWzOiAejcn7Q/xwKwil1OBkM=

Press the QR button next to an address to see the whole address and then try to send again.

In 2014 we have launched a preview for a descktop client. After the initial tests / suggestions we have quickly understand that there is not going to be any adoption if regular joe will have to download a piece of software in order to paly with MaskCoins. Nobody will download and install anything just to browse a marketplace. Ebay is more than ok for them. Force a user to download something = no adoption

So we have return to the drawing board. We have rewritten a lot of code. We have redesigned a lot of sections and now we have the first real 100% web-base p2p decentralized cryptocoin and much more.

What happened to the IPO coin that was bought at that launch? Looking back at post, it appears at least a few people invested. Did their investment get returned to them?
themasknetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 08:52:59 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2015, 10:59:36 PM by themasknetwork

What happened to the IPO coin that was bought at that launch? Looking back at post, it appears at least a few people invested. Did their investment get returned to them?

There was no IPO. We started an exchange. Investors could buy / sell MSK for Bitcoin. All investment have been returned. We have announced then that we will need to redesign everything and it will take some time to come back with a viable solution. And we came back...Smiley

MASKNETWORK.
Alfred Dulaire

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 12:35:54 PM

There was no IPO. We started an exchange. Investors could buy / sell MSK for Bitcoin. All investment have been returned. We have announced then that we will need to redesign everything and it will take some time to come back with a viable solution. And we came back...Smiley

Do you have proof of the public adress refunded ? Indeed no information regarding any returned investment are available in your original copy/pasta from 2014...
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641891.220

thank you for information
tklmas

Activity: 2

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 05:08:13 PM

I tried and found the Advertise function does NOT work.
sulfurtank

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 06:42:35 PM

I can't believe that's a thing. "Easy" it is not. While I don't love the fact that everybody uses basically the same software, if you're going to have DIFFERENT wallet software, it actually needs to have UI and step it up. I see this with my online store where people have to download the client to get test orders (I guess because they think it's not real, that they won't actually get things for their crypto). It's still early days in this game, and that can be frustrating, I suppose. Well if people keep having that thought of it can be any client up the noone is going to join the marketplace and that cant turn out good.
themasknetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 09:43:08 PM

I tried and found the Advertise function does NOT work.

Solved. Try again.

MASKNETWORK.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 12:03:39 AM

Do you have proof of the public adress refunded ? Indeed no information regarding any returned investment are available in your original copy/pasta from 2014...

I agree. I think this is very important for the validity and trust in this community for this project going forward.
themasknetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 11:14:36 AM

I agree. I think this is very important for the validity and trust in this community for this project going forward.

There was no "refund". Step by step :

1. In May, 2014 we have started an MSK exchange and investors could buy / sell MSK for Bitcoin. BTC Deposits / withdrawals were automated.

2. In July 2014 we have released the desktop client and i have quickly understood that regular users are reluctant to download anything unless they really need that piece of software.

3. In august 2014 we have announced the MSK owners that we will switch to a web based model and we need to redesign everything. Some 90% of investors sold their MSK for BTC and that's it. No "refunds".

4. In December 2015 we came back with what we have promised.

What would Bitcoin be without web wallets Huh Who will download the QT client,  wait a week for sync just to send some coins from left to right. A new coin has to be much easier to use than Bitcoin to have a chance to succeed (a small chance).

Bitshares, Ethereum, NXT....and 1000 other coins have 0 chances of adoption if they don't switch to a web based model.

Regular joe will not download anything. Period. 

MASKNETWORK.
Alfred Dulaire

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 08:35:33 AM

1. In May, 2014 we have started an MSK exchange and investors could buy / sell MSK for Bitcoin. BTC Deposits / withdrawals were automated.

Thank you for lighting your previous scheduling.
Will they be an MSK exchange again or there is only the IPO?
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

Angel investor.

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 08:41:36 AM

Are you aware of the project OpenBazzar, it seems you are doing the same thing.

Actually I had been following this project from the very beginning, but you guys disappeared last year without any update in the previous thread, it let me down very much, if you hope us invest in your project again, please reveal more information of your team.

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
Alfred Dulaire

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 08:46:54 AM

Well it seems OpenBazzar is not live for now and after going through their faq you will need to download the program.
MaskNetwork seems to be running and don't need any download, which is a big +
themasknetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 11:31:33 AM

Actually I had been following this project from the very beginning, but you guys disappeared last year without any update in the previous thread, it let me down very much, if you hope us invest in your project again, please reveal more information of your team.

1. In order to be able to sell on OpenBazaar, you will have to download a program and KEEP IT RUNNING. If the program is shot down, your store will go down also. In MaskNetwork you post an offer, the message traverse the network and once included in a block will be available 24 / 7 even if you die in a car crash. No server, no central point of failure. Set and forget. You will be notified on new orders.

2. Point 1 would not be such an issue for some sellers but the design says that the end user will also have to download a program to browse the market. And that is a real drawback. They will do it only if they can buy something that can't be bought over eBay or web. In MaskNetwork, the end user will only have to choose a web node, open an account and start browsing the market.

Point 2 is the reason we have redesign everything back in 2014. We did not "disappeared". We have started a new long working session...Smiley

OpenBazaar will work only if you can buy drugs or other illegal stuff using it. Otherwise, the chicken and egg effect will kick in. No buyers, no sellers willing to keep a program running  24 / 7. No illegal stuff, no buyers willing to download the client just to browse a market for things they can buy over eBay in 2-3 clicks.

I will not mention other MaskNetwork features like built in escrow system, multisigs and many other tools for merchants. And anyway, what you see online right now is the "foundation", the basic stuff. We have build the real cool stuff over this layer.

So, stay tuned...Smiley

MASKNETWORK.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 08:21:09 AM

How often will this thread be updated with updates?
vprf

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 03:32:27 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2016, 07:50:17 PM by vprf

Sent some for the pre-sale coins.   So far no email, been 6 hrs.  I will keep everyone posted.

Up date 01/05/2016

Have received address and keys for the pre-sale coins.
themasknetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 08:45:34 AM

Sent some for the pre-sale coins.   So far no email, been 6 hrs.  I will keep evevyone posted.

Send me a PM with your email / amount bought.

MASKNETWORK.
themasknetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 08:47:00 AM

How often will this thread be updated with updates?

We will update this thread every week.

MASKNETWORK.
johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 04:48:04 PM

Lets see how it works out.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: