Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:45:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No mass adoption because of the One-size-fits-all bitcoin  (Read 1598 times)
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 12:14:40 AM

Do not understand what OP want to say, mass adoption is obviously happening if you consider the price was basically in a down trend during last 2 years

And money is a one-size-fits-all thing, just like USD is suitable for any kind of transaction, so does bitcoin

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 11:15:16 AM

We do need to clarify different use cases and to polish Bitcoin for those use cases that we find them suitable. But I am not for bringing any hasty decisions. For example, if we polish Bitcoin for black market activities, we have just closed ourselves 3 other use cases on the other side.
You are right. Making bitcoin better for one case would make it worse for some other cases. That's why we need several forms of Bitcoins, each one is polished for its own use case, with ability to convert these forms into each other, like $100 bills can be converted to dimes and back. Sidechains would let us to do it.

Everyone keep mentioning these sidechains like a miracle that will save us from all! This problem that we have, sidechains will solve it, that problem that we might encounter, sidechains will solve it.

I sure hope that will be possible. I guess we will see everything in the near future!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: