Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:32:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [CRYPTOSTOCKS] Interest in feature of Options on Securities?  (Read 707 times)
Cryptostocks (OP)

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 09:31:21 AM

Vircurex.com offers a feature for individual users to issue/underwrite options, it works something like this:
You issue a Buy Option, e.g. Buy Ticker AAA for 1 BTC at a unitproce of 0.5BTC, the option purchase price is 0.2BTC.  In other words, whoever buys that Buy-Option has the right to buy from you one Share of AAA at a price of 0.5BTC.   The buyer buys the Buy-option and pays you 0.2BTC at that point in time. Any time till the expiry date, the buy has the right to exercise the option, i.e. buy the share at the given price from you.

Similar approach for Sell-Options, the only difference is that the buyer of the Sell-Option has the right to sell you the share at a given price.

Ofcourse in order to avoid any risks for all parties involved, the issuer of options will have to deposit the respective shares (in case of Buy Option) or BTC (in case of Sell Option) with the exchange.

Is there a serious interest in this feature and what other possible functions would you be looking for?

PS: In the first version we are not planning to offer a resell function of options, i.e. if you buy an option you can't go and resell it again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
scatha

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2012, 06:45:19 AM

The feature is lovely, but if you do all that's needed it might become pretty complex. What i'm missing most, is, the ability for the option issuer to adapt the option price according to market changes - as for now it's only possible to cancel old and issue new, and what are you doing if you stay away from market for more than a few days? I don't see an easy solution to this, for an automated way, the system would have to calculate the option price by some formula and i don't see how this could be done.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: