Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:03:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Goldman Sachs Files Patent App for Securities Settlement Cryptocurrency  (Read 2886 times)
row5_seat47 (OP)

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 11:16:40 PM

SETLcoin
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/goldman-sachs-files-patent-application-for-securities-settlement-using-cryptocurrencies-1449000967

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
junglist.massive

Activity: 759
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 07:47:51 AM

so its begin
danfoda

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 06:11:55 PM

Goldman Sachs also invests $50 million in Circle if I remember correctly. Big Wall Street companies are entering crypto currencies market now.
vilain

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 07:14:41 PM

Goldman Sachs also invests $50 million in Circle if I remember correctly. Big Wall Street companies are entering crypto currencies market now.

They'll sure profit a lot from the market volatitlity. That's what they do. Question is: does that really mean they would provide further incentives to digital coins?
Bitware

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 09:51:47 PM

Is there anyone who is officially challenging this patent application?
Bazelak

Activity: 221

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 04:12:08 PM

Is there anyone who is officially challenging this patent application?

Will the patents be similar to the work done by Overstock.com? Overstock has got the permission in issuing stock in blockchain.

▃▄▅▆▇ STOX -  ETH based Prediction Market ▇▆▅▄▃
▂▃▅▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ Token Sale   ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▅▃▂
Whitepaper | ANN | Bounty | Telegram | Twitter | Website
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 06:30:35 PM

Surely the need for approval by the Fed negates the whole blockchain concept. This puts it into a divergent universe. Anyway, Bitcoin was there first (followed by many others), so I don't see how the patent can be valid. If they want to enforce it, are they going to sue every node in the network?

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
row5_seat47 (OP)

Activity: 226

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 01:03:07 AM

"Anyway, Bitcoin was there first (followed by many others), so I don't see how the patent can be valid."

Who filed an application on behalf of Bitcoin? No one.

We are no longer in a Prior Art paradigm but rather "first to file"
http://www.uspto.gov/about-us/news-updates/uspto-publishes-final-rules-and-guidelines-governing-first-inventor-file
Outlander
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 01:49:59 AM

"Anyway, Bitcoin was there first (followed by many others), so I don't see how the patent can be valid."

http://www.uspto.gov/about-us/news-updates/uspto-publishes-final-rules-and-guidelines-governing-first-inventor-file
It just filed patent for the new altcoin called setlcoin to avoid others clone the same system and same name. I will watch how it will play out. Anyway It is a great initiative to involving in altcoin or blockchain technology.

jyakulis

Activity: 468

J

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 02:37:37 PM

You realize non-patent literature can and is used to negate patent applications......all the time.

bitcoin address: 35CezzikPXjx4QmTgpeU3ByQ42s8mVcbaF
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 07:21:32 PM

damn it. this guys trying to steal open source stuff. this is utterly inhumane

They are not trying to steal open source stuff. If it is published somewhere, it cannot be patented any more.

What they can do, is patent a new use for a technology. And this is what the big players are now all trying to do.
thirdchance57

Activity: 190

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 12:55:26 AM

This type of movement is what is needed in order to move BTC into the next realm of being considered a known currency.  I am assuming it is because of companies like this that are making moves like this; which is indirectly causing the increase in the BTC market.  At the same time these companies could make the moves against BTC and make it crash over knight if they get involved enough.

jyakulis

J

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 12:30:46 PM

These patents have me concerned to an extent.

Are they patenting to block expansion of bitcoin? What I mean is if they start patenting necessary functions that a global currency needs to exude.

Bah, too much development went into these ASICS and all the different exchanges and get rich alt coins. Everyone chased the money. No one built the infrastructure to provide the framework for a global currency. Now the banks are building IP portfolios for all the infrastructure. What they will ultimately do with them, I do not know.

Bazelak

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 10:44:07 AM

Are they patenting to block expansion of bitcoin? What I mean is if they start patenting necessary functions that a global currency needs to exude.

Bah, too much development went into these ASICS and all the different exchanges and get rich alt coins. Everyone chased the money. No one built the infrastructure to provide the framework for a global currency. Now the banks are building IP portfolios for all the infrastructure. What they will ultimately do with them, I do not know.

Even if other financial institutions build the patent portofolio, we can circumvent those patents. Some ideas in the patent have been discussed before, so the patents are not valid.

jyakulis

J

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 01:31:42 PM

Even if other financial institutions build the patent portofolio, we can circumvent those patents. Some ideas in the patent have been discussed before, so the patents are not valid.

Well, I hope you are right. Time will tell.

ipsec

Activity: 584

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 06:01:08 PM

For me Goldman Sachs are scamers. I dont trust him.
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 12:16:33 AM

They are not trying to steal open source stuff. If it is published somewhere, it cannot be patented any more.

What they can do, is patent a new use for a technology. And this is what the big players are now all trying to do.

This is what I don't understand - could they patent a new use for the blockchain?  or would they make their own "blockchain" and patent that?

I love Bitcoin
Bazelak

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 10:59:46 AM

This is what I don't understand - could they patent a new use for the blockchain?  or would they make their own "blockchain" and patent that?

I think it is just the new use of the blockchain. The block chain is a very basic idea. It encomposes all most everything.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: