Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:17:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any up to date CPU/GPU miner?  (Read 2609 times)
bernardk (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 12:42:27 AM

I'm developing a pool software and would like to test it against a fairly modern GPU miner on testnet.
Everything that I found is super outdated and braking most of the time.

I currently don't have an ASIC, this makes real testing impossible.
So I figured out that maybe using a GPU on testnet would work (difficutly arround 4TH/s).

Is there maybe a software only mode for cgminer? Just to check if ti picks up jobs correctly from my pool?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 12:12:19 PM

No one mining BTC mines GPU or CPU for years.

Go visit the alt-coin section and ask there.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1202

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2015, 09:53:57 AM

I agree with you only mining companies like genesis mining can mine bitcoins now
and also big mining with specialized mining equipment..

My advice is to mine alt coin and exchange them to bitcoin many are doing it now 

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
.BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.Play to earn Crypto.
Shibashi Dogemoto

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:57:31 AM

I agree with you only mining companies like genesis mining can mine bitcoins now
and also big mining with specialized mining equipment..

My advice is to mine alt coin and exchange them to bitcoin many are doing it now 

I would advice to be carefull tough... Mining altcoins might not make you a profit either, if you don't know what you are doing exactly, chances are high that you'll spend more cash on electricity/PC/GPU then you'll make on the altcoin you're mining.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 07:47:34 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2015, 10:04:06 AM by toptek

if you going to mine Alt coins don't mine the btc type, i would do script coins you can still make a nice profit if you have the speed ,I wouldn't even bro with SHA256 alt coins any more unless there merge mind while you mine BTC . I don't mean nice hash, west hash, mining either .

Who said you can't mine btc anymore you can as long as Bitmain, Alvan etc sell to the public, you can keep doing it. it may cost per miner, it's still there.

I don't see how a company/s will ever be able to shut it down to The public,and sense there is no way to, other then stop selling miners to the public , it won't stop, unless bitcoins become worthless or laws make it illegal.

Bitmain, has no plans to stop selling either in fact they now offer to fix old S3 S5 and up hash boards, at a cost, they all ways would but now they give out RMA's and have a set price range and tell you how to do get a RMA on there site.

CPU mining was how it all started and not worth it any more , you can still do it, if you want a very high Electricity bill, then go for it .you won't make jack etc and end up paying the power company or worse have your power shut off because you can't pay the bill and there is no such thing as free Electricity , I won't even get in to why it is not free, we all  pay it, in one way or the other even those who call it free pay.

Video card or GPU mining is a debate thing, some say they make more then if they mine BTC . i don't know and I'm not going to find out either because it would cost to much per amd or nvidia card to reach that speed , so that a lone makes BTC or script mining with your own hard ware, the best ways to go .

last thing,  cloud mining , MY only thoughts are, i don't trust it, i really have, no control over it,

Unless you rent hard ware hash , or have the hardware hosted ,
I wouldn't do it unless you have tons of cash to waste, to me that's not even a investment.

From what Ive seen with that type of cloud mining you can't pick were you want to mine, you really don't know if the operator/s, are being totally honest with pay outs, most cloud company's want you to spend  at least 300 $ upfront.I know about https://www.genesis-mining.com/login?ref=spondoolies and other cloud company's, even thought about wasting a 100 bucks @ Genesis to give it try, i know you can start at 23 bucks and build it .

Cloud mining is the worst of them all , there is all ways the risk of being ripped off , by that mean, if you have full or all most full control over the hardware, it is still and will all ways be the best way to go, if you mine.

IF you don't mine, then buy btc and invest.

Cya

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 03:42:12 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2015, 04:09:44 PM by toptek

I'm developing a pool software and would like to test it against a fairly modern GPU miner on testnet.
Everything that I found is super outdated and braking most of the time.

I currently don't have an ASIC, this makes real testing impossible.
So I figured out that maybe using a GPU on testnet would work (difficutly arround 4TH/s).

Is there maybe a software only mode for cgminer? Just to check if ti picks up jobs correctly from my pool?

This site right now, is about the only site that offers the soft ware you are looking for, most other sites, that cpu and Gpu mine that offer it, seem to, link to the software part of nice/west hash .

https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=software#cpu

GL

cya.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: