Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:31:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trolling topics and moderators  (Read 1322 times)
gineta (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 10:54:45 AM

Really I like to know if some of the moderators in this forum read when you report a post.
Some one bulling me before and make fake accusation HI say I  have a fake ID and put also in the Scam
section. when no scam or transaction is make and when the ID is real and legal. That I think is offensive

Every one say is a mistake a also  need to be delete the thread . I ask the moderator few times
and not one Reply . If is like that I believe I can start looking for the personal info of every user and start posting indiscriminate .

The forums not need to be use for bulling to any one. Only when you are really convince some one is not real or make a real scam you need to report.
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 03:17:23 PM

By your english grammar, I wouldn't doubt it.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 09:59:20 PM

Honestly, this might not be the messageboard for you.  theymos operates this messageboard on a very strong free speech principle and the mods will very rarely delete or censor comments, no matter how negative they might be.  theymos has said before that he values maintaining free speech here above creating a "positive" impression for newbies.  If you can't accept this messageboard for what it is, then you might be happier on one of the other Bitcoin forums.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
gineta (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 10:12:11 PM

Honestly, this might not be the messageboard for you.  theymos operates this messageboard on a very strong free speech principle and the mods will very rarely delete or censor comments, no matter how negative they might be.  theymos has said before that he values maintaining free speech here above creating a "positive" impression for newbies.  If you can't accept this messageboard for what it is, then you might be happier on one of the other Bitcoin forums.
I not have idea in what country you live.
But here there certain rules about Data Protection. That  rules are the seam for the rest of states inside the EU.
Not one have the right to use any private or public information to distress any other person.
You need to be register in Data Protection for ask for documents like ID, Passport ...
Make public or hold with not authorization private documents is a crime. And more distress to some one and make public his name.

Broke the law have also in consequence legal actions. I can't accept a person offence me and also no apologize or make rectifications.

More of the members in this forum send me a private msg for apologize and also delete the posts
I really accept that and I am proud they make the right think to do.

But the person start the bulling never apologize never delete nothing. That no make him a real man only a bulling person with any insecurity problems. If you make a mistake  the first you need to do is apologize and try to change your actions.

repentance

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 10:34:01 PM

Honestly, this might not be the messageboard for you.  theymos operates this messageboard on a very strong free speech principle and the mods will very rarely delete or censor comments, no matter how negative they might be.  theymos has said before that he values maintaining free speech here above creating a "positive" impression for newbies.  If you can't accept this messageboard for what it is, then you might be happier on one of the other Bitcoin forums.
But here there certain rules about Data Protection. That  rules are the seam for the rest of states inside the EU.
Not one have the right to use any private or public information to distress any other person.
You need to be register in Data Protection for ask for documents like ID, Passport ...
Make public or hold with not authorization private documents is a crime. And more distress to some one and make public his name.

Broke the law have also in consequence legal actions. I can't accept a person offence me and also no apologize or make rectifications.

More of the members in this forum send me a private msg for apologize and also delete the posts

But the person start the bulling never apologize never delete nothing. That no make him a real man only a bulling person with any insecurity problems. If you make a mistake  the first you need to do is apologize and try to change your actions.

I live in Australia.  We have very strong data protection laws here, too.  They place an obligation on organisations to protect certain types of data in very specific ways.  We also have strong privacy and anti-harassment laws which extend to electronic communication such as email, social media and messageboards.  All of which is absolutely irrelevant because Bitcointalk is not located or operated in my country.  

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
gineta (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 10:38:14 PM

Honestly, this might not be the messageboard for you.  theymos operates this messageboard on a very strong free speech principle and the mods will very rarely delete or censor comments, no matter how negative they might be.  theymos has said before that he values maintaining free speech here above creating a "positive" impression for newbies.  If you can't accept this messageboard for what it is, then you might be happier on one of the other Bitcoin forums.
But here there certain rules about Data Protection. That  rules are the seam for the rest of states inside the EU.

But the person start the bulling never apologize never delete nothing. That no make him a real man only a bulling person with any insecurity problems. If you make a mistake  the first you need to do is apologize and try to change your actions.

I live in Australia.  We have very strong data protection laws here, too.  They place an obligation on organisations to protect certain types of data in very specific ways.  We also have strong privacy and anti-harassment laws which extend to electronic communication such as email, social media and messageboards.  All of which is absolutely irrelevant because Bitcointalk is not located or operated in my country.  
For me is not problem where is located Bitcointalk I not have nothing again the forum. The post is make for a person only 22 miles from me. And I try to do thinks the easy way. I think is the correct the easy is 2 options 1 Write to the user 2 Write to the moderator.

After I have the legal way to the user.
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2012, 11:49:08 PM

Are you only asking that the scam accusation thread be removed?

Why not keep it up? It helps clear you when someone accused you of wrong doing....

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5208
Merit: 12998

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 03:41:25 AM

But here there certain rules about Data Protection. That  rules are the seam for the rest of states inside the EU.

Those laws are ridiculous violations of free speech as well as being pretty much useless at solving any real problems. Reading about laws like those makes me glad that I'm in the US, where things aren't yet that bad.

I sympathize with the people who won't remove your data. Threatening me with violence (via laws) would make me much less likely to honor your request.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
repentance

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 04:30:14 AM

I hate to say I told you so...

gineta (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 09:04:20 AM

Those laws are ridiculous violations of free speech as well as being pretty much useless at solving any real problems. Reading about laws like those makes me glad that I'm in the US, where things aren't yet that bad.

I sympathize with the people who won't remove your data. Threatening me with violence (via laws) would make me much less likely to honor your request.

No become confuse one think is free speech and other is make public offences. And you not think is difficult go again any USA citizen UK and USA have a good friendship in special LAW only you need the Court of UK send a letter to the USA government asking actions  for a violation of the LAW if the LAW is similar in both countries you are in travel.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2012, 05:22:27 PM

I hate people who bitch about 'internet bullying' when there's a fucking ignore/block function that's right in front of them, what's next, you're going to go to the police and have people arrested for calling you hurtful names? While I can agree that it is extremely frustrating and unfair to have to deal with harassment from people who abuse the crap out of forums etc. which don't have a block function that is why I don't go anywhere on those sites now but I don't see why people should devote a good portion of their time essentially censoring other people just because you can't be bothered blocking users trying to attack you. If they're lying cunts then chances are people are going to turn on them sooner or later so don't make them get a kick out of it by making threads like this because you're giving them exactly the kind of reaction they want.

Want my advice for dealing with the modern era? Only use mobile phones with a black list function and only use software/websites that offer block functions if they have communities, it's only if they decide to start harassing you in real life that you should go to the police and maybe carry a paintball gun to shoot at them if they try anything physical, it amazes me we can't own firearms in my country yet somehow airsoft bullet machine guns are okay LMAO I'm totally going to use them one time if I ever get trouble from chavs.
vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 09:19:08 PM

No become confuse one think is free speech and other is make public offences. And you not think is difficult go again any USA citizen UK and USA have a good friendship in special LAW only you need the Court of UK send a letter to the USA government asking actions  for a violation of the LAW if the LAW is similar in both countries you are in travel.

Nope. I could care less about the law in UK or anywhere else. US is very well known for protecting US citizens against all non-US laws.

So get lost.
repentance

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 09:34:31 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2012, 10:05:43 PM by repentance

No become confuse one think is free speech and other is make public offences. And you not think is difficult go again any USA citizen UK and USA have a good friendship in special LAW only you need the Court of UK send a letter to the USA government asking actions  for a violation of the LAW if the LAW is similar in both countries you are in travel.

The law is not similar, though - that's the point you're missing (and domesticating the orders of foreign courts isn't as easy as you think even when the laws are similar).   Information which is protected by privacy laws elsewhere is not protected in the US.  If - for example - one of the Australian posters here wanted to harass me using this forum I could take action against them in an Australian court and an Australian court could issue a restraining order (and they'd be in violation of that order if they continued to harass me) or I could file a complaint under privacy laws and they could be sanctioned by the Privacy Commissioner here, but I could not get an order served on theymos to remove their posts or to stop them from posting because they would not have committed any offence under US law.  

Under US law, very few types of personal information are inherently protected.  In order to over-ride free speech laws, you pretty much need to establish that another offence under US law is occurring (and even then, your remedies are going to be somewhat limited and expensive to pursue).  The reason why organisations like FaceBook will take action against users and remove certain types of content are often found in local law, not US law.  FaceBook operates in Australia and has a corporate office here - that makes them subject to Australian privacy and anti-harassment laws so they are generally responsive to complaints filed by Australian users about breaches of local laws because they're potentially liable if they take no action to prevent those breaches.

If an actual offence has occurred, you remedy lies in the jurisdiction where it occurred, not under US law.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: