Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:27:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Here is the biggest problem with cryptos  (Read 586 times)
spy100 (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 257

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2020, 03:35:18 PM

if you are still unhappy about it, which seems to be the case, you can come up with your own solution and we will see how it fares and what it ends with

Solution :

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2020, 04:11:48 PM

Solution

Okay, could you please explain in layman terms how it is going to work?

And, more specifically, why will it be better than Bitcoin, and, more importantly, better than fiat as a currency (i.e. a medium of exchange). Your entire premise seems to be that we are using cryptocurrencies not as they were envisioned (that point I'd like to agree with). However, what's in your solution that would make us abandon fiat as a means of exchange and start using your coin instead, in the right way (as you see it)? 

spy100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2020, 04:29:41 PM

Solution

And, more specifically, why will it be better than Bitcoin, and, more importantly, better than fiat as a currency (i.e. a medium of exchange). Your entire premise seems to be that we are using cryptocurrencies not as they were envisioned (that point I'd like to agree with). However, what's in your solution that would make us abandon fiat as a means of exchange?  

1.You got to generate some sort of data that has value (prime numbers/a part of value of PI/hashes for all passwords ,permutations etc) ... it's just a example (close to mining)

2.A coin like that does not need a blockchain if we can find a way to create files that can not be modified ...

3.There is no need for blockchain confirmation  on a coin like that do to fact you are sending files in exchange for services/products.

4.First person to create the coin / file is the true miner  ...anyone that creates same coin after miner has zero value ( maybe you need a blockchain here to announce that you created a coin ...not sure)

The file is the coin.

Example:
1 file = 1 coin
2 files = 2 coins
3 files = 3 coins etc...

each file has a unique serial = timestamp
each file has some sort of unique data with value

Kind of like that i see it ... and if a coin can be made like that say good bye to gas fees / third party ...it solve does problems

naikturun

Activity: 1190
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 05:02:29 PM

You think paypal and credit card processing is free?
Those 2 also come with a cost. AFAIk each of those takes a % of the transaction for themselves.

For example ebay. If you buy something for $1, 33 cents goes to paypal. On top of that, ebay will also charge you a fee.

the problem is ebay and paypal are more trusted to make payments because it has been a long time, while crypto is still a lot of people who doubt it.
maybe you me and everything in this forum understand but for ordinary people it's still too difficult to understand.
the problem is the same both systems still provide a fee for each transaction, maybe one day this problem can be resolved.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2020, 05:04:05 PM

Solution

And, more specifically, why will it be better than Bitcoin, and, more importantly, better than fiat as a currency (i.e. a medium of exchange). Your entire premise seems to be that we are using cryptocurrencies not as they were envisioned (that point I'd like to agree with). However, what's in your solution that would make us abandon fiat as a means of exchange? 

1.You got to generate some sort of data that has value (prime numbers/a part of value of PI/hashes for all passwords ,permutations etc) ... it's just a example (close to mining)

So you suggest it should be a hard currency

That is, a currency that has value of its own, so-called intrinsic value (other than transactional utility), e.g. gold. Here, I don't question how truly valuable your solution would be. But let's assume that there is universal value in it, whatever it might be (think time as In Time). Then people will start hoarding it in pretty much the same way they are hoarding now Bitcoin. For your currency to actually work as a medium of exchange (which is your point), it should be depreciating over time, and it should be better than fiat at that (because we already have depreciating fiat)

qory

Activity: 1722
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 05:18:01 PM

Solution

And, more specifically, why will it be better than Bitcoin, and, more importantly, better than fiat as a currency (i.e. a medium of exchange). Your entire premise seems to be that we are using cryptocurrencies not as they were envisioned (that point I'd like to agree with). However, what's in your solution that would make us abandon fiat as a means of exchange and start using your coin instead, in the right way (as you see it)?  
Bitcoin keep better than altcoin because way for bitcoin become scam is less chance than altcoin although listed with bigger exchange, we know how many coin listeing with higher price have been scam because cases by the developer and must delete from exchange market list and make price going down.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Salauddin1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 05:30:31 PM

The third party is really the biggest problem with cryptos but it applies to Fiat. Crypto usually has very little third party control. But in the case of fee, it creates a lot of difficulties. Many exchange sites charge high fees for transactions, while low-investment traders have a lot of problems with transactions. As the demand for crypto increases, it will be possible to eliminate it. That's why we need to take reliable sites and think positively.
spy100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2020, 05:38:29 PM

Solution

So you suggest it should be a hard currency

That is, a currency that has value of its own, so-called intrinsic value (other than transactional utility), e.g. gold. Here, I don't question how truly valuable your solution would be. But let's assume that there is universal value in it, whatever it might be (think time as In Time). Then people will start hoarding it in pretty much the same way they are hoarding now Bitcoin. For your currency to actually work as a medium of exchange (which is your point), it should be depreciating over time, and it should be better than fiat at that (because we already have depreciating fiat)

Hording is not the problem ... people hord cash also ..some people even hord cats / garbage etc ... the problem is not hording ...why would you want it to depreciate for what reason ? ( To depreciate it you increase the numbers of coins that can be created over time ...like increase serial number size  every 10 years)

1 gram of gold = 1 gram of gold
1 .coin file = 1 .coin file

verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 09:54:09 PM

The problem that I see are the countries that have banned bitcoin in their economies.
Another problem is the exeptisism of business owners to accept bitcoin.
Let's imagine how businesses, foundations and others work that accept bitcoin with just a confirmation, the send is accepted, so we can have a good start to accept crypto. There are also DeFi dApps that could save us a lot of work and money to start our business that accepts bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: