Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:30:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how does mtgox run out of money ? i dont get it  (Read 6072 times)
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 03:37:18 AM

Mt.Gox_Support_Natalie : real MtGox representative ?

2 more points;
- we will not 2x
- Dev are involved in currency exchange ?

that's MtGox customer service !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 03:38:48 AM

While it's true that MtGox could convert USD to CAD to meet the withdrawal requests, exchanging currencies costs them money.  From a purely financial viewpoint, it makes better sense for them to either wait until they have enough CAD on hand to meet the request (from people buying BTC with CAD) or to encourage people to withdraw in a currency they do have on hand.

It is - however - annoying as hell that it often takes weeks to even get a statement from them about the cause of delays.  Just because you can get away with providing shitty customer service when you're the largest game in town doesn't mean it should be your standard operating procedure.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 08:17:45 AM

They probably have an active forex account moving funds from the currency where they have excess inventory and filling in the currencies where inventory is low or out.

This would seem like a reasonable construction, up until the point where it takes them > 1 month to actually pay out a legitimate claim. And after the month is up they don't pay, they just declare themselves in default (which is what that reply says, pretty much).

Due to insufficient CAD on our account at the moment, we are unable to send CAD withdrawals and today is a public holiday in Japan.

Why are you answering to the imaginary problem of a user requesting a withdrawal today when the real problem is a month old withdrawal not yet honored?

INB4 "Oct 23 - Nov 22 is a Holiday in Japan".

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2012, 08:25:36 AM

Hey they don't have a license for bitcoining either.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
lightbox

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2012, 03:08:02 PM

Hello,

My name is Natalie and I am responsible for our customer support.  Due to insufficient CAD on our account at the moment, we are unable to send CAD withdrawals and today is a public holiday in Japan.  We will be working on having the conversion done after the long weekend to have enough CAD in order to process your withdrawal.  Our apologies once again for the delay and inconvenience this has caused and thank you for your patience while we are working to resolve this matter.

I also have a CAD withdraw pending since November 4th (almost 3 weeks), the OP has been pending since October 23rd. (now exactly 1 month!)

What confidence do we have that we will be able to withdraw with CAD in the future?

What is your "regular" estimated processing times for CAD withdraws?

A one day public holiday in Japan doesnt mean that there wasnt 4 other weeks that this order could have been processed.

Every time I have contacted support (and I suspect the OP too) its always the same templated reply "we are waiting for the bank to process", now we know that our requests arent even being investigated by support, since when this was finally was, your realized you "didnt have the money"...

If it is routinely going to take between 2 and 4+ weeks to get a withdraw processed, then that should be clearly stated on the withdraw page so customers know what to expect.

If you "dont have the money" in the right currency, then GET IT! we pay MtGox enough in fees (especially on the non-matching currency order fills) that if you offer a service (such as trading and withdrawing in CAD) then we SHOULD BE ABLE TO within reasonable expectations unless explicitly stated otherwise.  In this case... knowing that CAD isnt a high volume currency on MtGox, i think a "reasonable expectation" should be that CAD orders are  processed within 5-7 business days of being requested.  This gives MtGox enough time to move money between banks, or between currencies should they have to.

Anyways, just my $0.02

I guess i should email support and see where my Nov 4th withdraw is too.

https://www.canadianbitcoins.com for quick & easy buy/sell with $CAD
Canada's Oldest Bitcoin Brokerage.  Serving Canadian Bitcoiners since 2011!
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2012, 03:19:46 PM

Why not use CAvirtex for Canadian withdrawals? Never had it take a month I'll tell you that much Tongue 

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Mt.Gox_Support_Natalie

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 04:46:04 PM

2 more points;
- we will not 2x

Hello,

Yes, I am a working for Mt.Gox and I have informed the staff who is responsible for the ticket in question regarding your comment.  Regarding the developer's role in the withdrawal, when withdrawals are processed the developer updates the status of each withdrawal in the backend viewable by our staff.  Then, our staff can inform our users about the withdrawal's status.  Thank you for your feedback and we will make sure to make improvements based on your comment. 
Mt.Gox_Support_Natalie

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 04:54:24 PM

Hello,

My name is Natalie and I am responsible for our customer support.  Due to insufficient CAD on our account at the moment, we are unable to send CAD withdrawals and today is a public holiday in Japan.  We will be working on having the conversion done after the long weekend to have enough CAD in order to process your withdrawal.  Our apologies once again for the delay and inconvenience this has caused and thank you for your patience while we are working to resolve this matter.

I also have a CAD withdraw pending since November 4th (almost 3 weeks), the OP has been pending since October 23rd. (now exactly 1 month!)

What confidence do we have that we will be able to withdraw with CAD in the future?

What is your "regular" estimated processing times for CAD withdraws?

A one day public holiday in Japan doesnt mean that there wasnt 4 other weeks that this order could have been processed.

Every time I have contacted support (and I suspect the OP too) its always the same templated reply "we are waiting for the bank to process", now we know that our requests arent even being investigated by support, since when this was finally was, your realized you "didnt have the money"...

If it is routinely going to take between 2 and 4+ weeks to get a withdraw processed, then that should be clearly stated on the withdraw page so customers know what to expect.

If you "dont have the money" in the right currency, then GET IT! we pay MtGox enough in fees (especially on the non-matching currency order fills) that if you offer a service (such as trading and withdrawing in CAD) then we SHOULD BE ABLE TO within reasonable expectations unless explicitly stated otherwise.  In this case... knowing that CAD isnt a high volume currency on MtGox, i think a "reasonable expectation" should be that CAD orders are  processed within 5-7 business days of being requested.  This gives MtGox enough time to move money between banks, or between currencies should they have to.

Anyways, just my $0.02

I guess i should email support and see where my Nov 4th withdraw is too.

Hello,

Thank you for your message.  Usually international wire withdrawals take up to 1 week to process including CAD withdrawals and another 3 business days to reach your account after it has been processed.  If you have waited, please feel free to contact us at the Support Desk so that we can investigate this.  We will be coordinating with the relevant department to make sure the person in charge of the transfers resolve this as soon as possible.  Once again, we sincerelly apologize for the delay and any inconvenience caused. 
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 05:50:25 PM

Go for :

CA Virtex

Canadian Vitual Exchange

www.cavirtex.com = 1 or 2 days deposit or withdrawal !

THE CAD exchange,

I like it !
rini17

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

GO http://bitcointa.lk !!! My new nick: jurov

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2012, 07:59:44 PM

2 more points;
- we will not 2x

Hello,

Yes, I am a working for Mt.Gox and I have informed the staff who is responsible for the ticket in question regarding your comment.  Regarding the developer's role in the withdrawal, when withdrawals are processed the developer updates the status of each withdrawal in the backend viewable by our staff.  Then, our staff can inform our users about the withdrawal's status.  Thank you for your feedback and we will make sure to make improvements based on your comment. 

Quoted for reference. Does not say anything about why withdrawal takes so long.

CoinBr.com: First online MPEx brokerage launched beta! Easy to use interface and reasonable fees. Charts for MPEx stocks: live.coinbr.com * My Blog *
QuantumKiwi

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 01:31:54 AM

Daily threshold was reached most likely, this happens when users buy up a lot in one go - e.g 10k.

Starting your own website?
CLOUD Hosting from $4.95/0.05BTC!
myself (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 01:43:28 AM

Daily threshold was reached most likely, this happens when users buy up a lot in one go - e.g 10k.
i did not read the thread comment

/golf clap

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: