Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:56:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] non-profit Scrypt coin: MERELcoin  (Read 3326 times)
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 11:11:50 AM

RIP
Well.... I'm still active, the blockchain is still moving,... It's up to you to make your own decission, but i'm going to keep this one moving...

Btw: i'm scripting my own webwallet right now, it'll be finished in about a week... Just like the rest of the coin, it'll be no-frills and basic, but functioning...
Thank you for providing information on the progress.

No problem... I'm planning on finishing all points in my OP, but since it's a non-profit project, it'll take a lot of time (i don't have any funds, so i'm doing it all myself, in my spare time)

Good luck with the project, I think it will be a great learning experience for you.

Indeed, it is Smiley I've learned a lot about blockchains by this hands-on experience Smiley

Low diff on this coin, no big miners a will mine a little Smiley

Thank you  Grin. Remember, this coin is not really meanth to go on exchanges... So i wouldn't trow a lot of hashing power towards it Wink

No man home machine just for fun Smiley
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RV1969

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 02:49:50 PM

Mining some for fun. Somehow nice to see "BLOCK!" in cgminer. Any developments?
merelcoin (OP)

Activity: 675
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 07:37:41 AM

Mining some for fun. Somehow nice to see "BLOCK!" in cgminer. Any developments?

Still busy with the layout of the web wallet... The technical stuff is long done, but i'm so bad at graphical design, i keep on throwing my design in the trash and start all over...
merelcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 06:46:14 AM

Due to popular demand, the beta of the wallet can be found here: http://wallet.merel.mobi/

I didn't implement any of the graphical designs i have on my pc... So it's design-less, but it should work Smiley

Next point on the list: a basic website!!!
RV1969

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 10:40:50 AM

Reward drop to 5 in about 8500 blocks Grin

merelcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 07:55:18 AM

Reward drop to 5 in about 8500 blocks Grin

Yup... Mine them while you can Wink
BTW: would somebody be interested in a bounty in MEREL for creating a mac wallet?
I was thinking about offering 5000 MEREL for the first user that compiles this wallet... And maybe 2000 MEREL if somebody can compile an android one... (i can do the android one myself, but i don't really have time...)
merelcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 02:04:40 PM

update: bounty implemented...
Make sure you post on this thread whenever you want to claim a bounty, just to make sure there aren't two people working on the same project (not likely).
If you don't tell me you're working on a bounty, the bounty is being payed on a first-come basis (the one that claims the bounty first gets the MEREL)
czcool

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 04:53:05 AM

Due to popular demand, the beta of the wallet can be found here: http://wallet.merel.mobi/

I didn't implement any of the graphical designs i have on my pc... So it's design-less, but it should work Smiley

It looks cool. Cheesy
merelcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 07:04:49 AM

It looks cool. Cheesy

Thanks Smiley

I did have several designs on my local pc (mostly open source templates that i adapted), but since i liked none of them, i just uploaded the  "basic" version... No extra buttons, links, colors, css,... Just plain basic html (not even wellformed html i must say)..

But in the end, the online wallet does what it's supposed to do Wink

Fair warning: this is my first time writing an online wallet, so don't use it to store all of your coins!!!
RV1969

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 09:40:23 AM

Pool seems to be abandoned. Oh,well...
merelcoin (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:53:31 AM

Pool seems to be abandoned. Oh,well...

Indeed  Sad

I'll plug in my gridseed once the website is finished Smiley
wildduck
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 07:26:44 AM

Why nobody mining this coin, dev is still here.
merelcoin (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 07:30:32 AM

Well... The coin is not on an exchange, and it'll probably never be, so there wasn't much interest in it from the community (seems to be all about profit nowadays).
At the moment, i have some problems with the pool, hopefull it'll be fixed soon, but i doubt many miners will return. No biggie tough, i'll just setup my old gridseed and mine @ 300K myself  Grin
RV1969

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:29:41 AM

Solo mining not possible at this moment. I have been mining using two Gridseeds at the office, just for fun.
merelcoin (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 01:01:13 PM

Solo mining not possible at this moment. I have been mining using two Gridseeds at the office, just for fun.

Indeed... My server crashed. I lost most of the data.
I'll try to restore the server during the next week, hopefully i'll succeed, i'll keep you all posted  Undecided
wildduck
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 01:00:39 PM

Ok thanks a lot dev, never give up.
czcool

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:35:53 PM

In fact, I'm also concerned about the coin, OK. Waiting
Hope pool recovery.
czcool

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:37:12 PM

Need to develop more content. Smiley
I want someone to pay attention to.
merelcoin (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 07:13:50 AM

At the moment, this is the deal:

I've lost my server, which was also the main node. Personally, i haden't sync'ed my own wallets for weeks. I've reinstalled the daemon on a proper node, and sync'ed it with my own wallet. However, the chain seems stuck. The last block i had was pretty old, and it seems the main node is waiting for more blocks...
Can you guys try to start your windows wallets, sync, and try to generate some coins from your wallets? (go to the debug window, and type "setgenerate true").

If we can get the chain sync'ed, and we can mine some blocks to overtake the chain with the lost blocks that were only located on my server, we can start again without losing coins...
At least, this is the theory. I don't know if it'll work (yet).

If we can get the chain synced again, i'll reinstall the pool software, and we can continue where we left off.
merelcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 07:25:02 AM

I've tried for a while to fix the issues, but i'm afraid this coin is dead at the moment (mostly due to a lack of time to fix the problems).
Maybe, if i have a lot of time in the future, i might try to fix it...

If anybody is interested in a takeover, be my guest Wink
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: