Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:56:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why aren´t U.S. mass shootings called for what they are - Terrorism  (Read 2222 times)
jasonjm

Activity: 1246
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 01:51:25 AM

if OPEC truly wanted to, they could have oil back at $80 in short order.

Some major economic war going on using oil, I am not even going to pretend I truly understand the who and why, but the fact that the gloves are off is plain for all to see.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:08:30 AM

Every Florida resident should be outraged at stories like this. 35 years old, 22 felony CONVICTIONS, and still out on the streets to terrorize law-abiding citizens??? And his bonds only total $27,500??? It is long past time to expand the scope of the three strikes law!!! Welcome to the insanity we call America.

The "human rights" organizations are campaigning quite heavily against the three-strikes law, and most of the American judges are not enforcing it due to the negative media publicity. Seems to me that the human rights are honored only for the criminals, and not for the innocent victims who were murders or raped by these thugs.
zivone

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:53:38 AM

Naw.  Islamic terrorists are Islamic terrorists no matter where the rotten piece of wood they crawl out from under is located.  No different than cockroaches.  Do cockroaches have a nationality?

That's it, US won't call it terrorism unless the suspects nationality are sure not to be their own or else they are no different of that "cockroaches".
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:00:29 AM

Every Florida resident should be outraged at stories like this. 35 years old, 22 felony CONVICTIONS, and still out on the streets to terrorize law-abiding citizens??? And his bonds only total $27,500??? It is long past time to expand the scope of the three strikes law!!! Welcome to the insanity we call America.

The "human rights" organizations are campaigning quite heavily against the three-strikes law, and most of the American judges are not enforcing it due to the negative media publicity. Seems to me that the human rights are honored only for the criminals, and not for the innocent victims who were murders or raped by these thugs.
The three strikes laws do generate a fair share of human abuse. 

The ONLY reason to ever consider such a thing is if it were found that juries were letting people off the hook for their transgressions.  Then suppose you try to code up a "fix" in law.  Well, the "fix" has other problems.

It's a matter of intelligent gaming between parties, each for his perceived advantage.
galdur (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:12:27 AM

Yes, and in the interests of public safety, round up criminals and put them to work under military guard, building dams, repairing bridges and roads and other infrastructure, far away from law-abiding citizens. If they don´t play ball, shoot them.
That MIGHT  be going a little bit too far.  And I see a problem with putting them to work like that.  It would take jobs away from hard working Americans.  Mexicans.

I think removing criminals would in itself create jobs. A safer and less stressful environment has to increase business in general. People will just be more active and confident. Criminals bring chronic uncertainty which is very unhealthy for business and commerce. So, getting rid of that would be very valuable I´m sure.

Not necessarily true.  I've had a theory for quite a while that maximal profits to the Middle East oil producers occurs exactly when there is maximum tension, minor wars, terrorism, and such.  Threats to the West of disruption of necessary oil for day to day life would of course increase the price of the commodity.

So there is at least one specific case where less safe and more stressful environment would seem to increase total business profits.

Yes, and the manufacture of arms does create jobs and to help keep those jobs secure and preferably create more well you need war. The stuff has to be used. It´s like in other manufacturing. Businessmen aren´t known for just filling all warehouses with stuff and then happily going out of business. No, they try to create business opportunities and weapons manufacturers are no different. So, war is business.

But I was talking about public safety, which I believe is a much healthier approach to job creation. I simply see nothing good about violence and war. Hang me for it.

galdur (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:24:26 AM
Last edit: December 06, 2015, 09:02:29 AM by galdur

The ONLY reason to ever consider such a thing is if it were found that juries were letting people off the hook for their transgressions.  Then suppose you try to code up a "fix" in law.  Well, the "fix" has other problems.

It's a matter of intelligent gaming between parties, each for his perceived advantage.

Not only are the people in charge totally desperate for the citizenry to buy and buy more guns (every time they mention how guns are so bad, gun sales rocket) but they are also so very concerned about the human rights of criminals that run around terrorizing the population. Which leads me to believe, in fact I´m convinced that these people don´t have both oars in the water.
Personally I would FIRST secure the human rights of the law-abiding citizenry (part of which human rights is as safe environment as possible, I guess providing that is part of the job description of the people in charge) and THEN start paying particular attention to the human rights of murderers and rapists.

hunnaryb

Activity: 506

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:46:20 AM

Terrorism doesn't have to stem from Middle Eastern routes. A terrorist act can be from right at home and conducted by people of your home denomination.

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 01:00:20 PM

Just one problem with that.

1. I'm an Anarchist so I'm definitely not contributing to the problem

2. I'm British
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 02:08:22 PM

I think in every country definition of terrorism is different.
Ask question what is terrorism in Russia, China, USA or Iraq and you will receive very different answers.
For me, terrorism is every action which have goal to harm innocent people in order to destabilize society structure, divide people over religion and culture issues, start panic so that people loose feeling of safety etc. 

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 02:36:34 PM

The ONLY reason to ever consider such a thing is if it were found that juries were letting people off the hook for their transgressions.  Then suppose you try to code up a "fix" in law.  Well, the "fix" has other problems.

Not only are the people in charge totally desperate for the citizenry to buy and buy more guns (every time they mention how guns are so bad, gun sales rocket) but they are also so very concerned about the human rights of criminals that run around terrorizing the population. Which leads me to believe, in fact I´m convinced that these people don´t have both oars in the water.
Personally I would FIRST secure the human rights of the law-abiding citizenry (part of which human rights is as safe environment as possible, I guess providing that is part of the job description of the people in charge) and THEN start paying particular attention to the human rights of murderers and rapists.

If the hypothesis is that stupidity can explain behavior, it's an error to look for complex conspiracy theories, double dealing, and reverse psychology to explain the same behavior.
galdur (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 02:44:52 PM

If the hypothesis is that stupidity can explain behavior, it's an error to look for complex conspiracy theories, double dealing, and reverse psychology to explain the same behavior.

I realize that your understanding of the connection between cause and effect is incomplete so I´m not surprised that you try to use the familiar thought dead-end stoppers.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 03:28:36 PM

I realize that your understanding of the connection between cause and effect is incomplete so I´m not surprised that you try to use the familiar thought dead-end stoppers.

Occam's Razor is not your friend, obviously.

The simple problem with your assertions is that without overwhelming evidence for a position that A=B, anyone can "prove" anything they like, anytime.  We're not even discussing the level of cause and effect, but premises of arguments.

Assertion is not proof.
galdur (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 03:31:18 PM

That´s it. I´ve had it with this guy and his chasing his own tail. This time he won´t come off ignore again.
Bye bye.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: