Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:15:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Garage Cleanout - CPUs, Motherboards, Risers, Fans, Router, Steam Games, etc...  (Read 7398 times)
MKEGuy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 02:47:54 AM

Has anyone heard from the OP?  I have sent PM's but have not received a response.  Any help would be much appreciated!!

Last I heard from him was March 9th via PM.

If you have >100 posts play the Circle of Trust Game  If I have helped you in any way, or you are just feeling generous... please feel free to donate! Smiley LNarfMNLyymkS9WYQFLcmr46AeMYNP8Qj2

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MKEGuy

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 12:44:10 AM

Last Active:   Today at 12:20:24 AM

I'm taking you are unwilling to resolve the fact you sold me cables that do not work.  I will be taking detailed pictures when I get a moment to share with everyone to let everyone know to be cautious when purchasing from you.

So as you told me that you should be telling me to "kick rocks" in the one PM I received from you, I feel its safe to assume people should be on edge when dealing with you.  Not only does one need to worry about the quality of what they will receive, but they will also receive communication that is out of line considering I wasn't the one to send bum cables.  I sent you Bitcoins up front without being a pain about asking about escrow or anything of the sort and this is what I get.

I hope it was worth it to you.

If you have >100 posts play the Circle of Trust Game  If I have helped you in any way, or you are just feeling generous... please feel free to donate! Smiley LNarfMNLyymkS9WYQFLcmr46AeMYNP8Qj2
MKEGuy

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 12:48:07 AM

I thought I would share what dear Tyler thinks is an OK response to someone who has concerns about what they were sent.

I tried to send a response that ignored his attitude but shortly after I did send him another pm that expressed my dislike for his attitude in all of this.  At the end of the day when i had brand new cables overnighted to me, I plugged them in and the whole damn thing just worked.  Plug his cables in, nothing works.  Plug new working cables in, viola - we have a working system.  I dont know what else to say about that.

In the end - I would be highly cautious when dealing with this guy.  I will be leaving feedback everywhere I can.  If you do make a purchase, be damn sure to get very detailed pics of what you are buying because if you have any issues - he certainly wont deal with you like an adult.

PM Received 3/9 - so I have been patient allowing time for being out of town or having life jump up and bite him in the butt.

Robert,

I've been out of town the past few days, only had mobile access, and got home a couple hours ago. I'd really like to go to sleep, but would rather deal with this first. The first thing you need to take very seriously if you expect any help from me what so ever is to refrain from in any way, shape, or form imply that I knowingly scammed you by selling you parts with issues. I should basically tell you to kick rocks for that, but I value my seller's reputation. Barring any further comments I'll be happy to help resolve this.

Every one of the risers that I have or have had for sale were used by me without any issues what so ever. Setting them up though can be very finicky though as I had some boards that liked certain cards, risers, OS, etc... but not others. You mention you were having motherboard / cpu issues. Elaborate on what was going on to cause issues and the hardware / software components you are trying to use. Which riser works and which ones don't? With the powered risers you have to plug the pin into the 12v yellow female end of the molex connector or they won't do anything, but spin the fan.

Thanks,
Tyler

Beaflag VonRathburg (OP)

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 03:18:23 AM

Robert,

If you are going to post part of our conversation you should post all of it. I have nothing to defend about this situation. I've simply chosen not to respond to you any longer as you refuse to answer the technical questions I ask you and simply get upset, start insulting me, and spam me with PMs at 2:00am. That is not something a person who does business professionally does. You are the only person in my years of internet transactions that has said an item hasn't worked, when I had zero issues with it. You even go so far in your anger to mention that some of them worked, but you didn't even test all of them out because you got frustrated. Please refrain from any further thread crapping and spamming. You're simply showing that you're not able to conduct business in serious manner. Allow people to form their own opinion in the matter. Any further off topic remarks and I'll lock the thread.

-----------------------------------

My history of selling on this site:

$10250.00 Cash and BTC deal with a semi local member:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99123.0

iTunes Card:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99354.0

Previous Items for Sale Thread with Multiple Feedback Sources:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=105686.0

This Thread With More Multiple Positive Feedback Sources:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=127352.0

Beaflag VonRathburg (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 03:18:42 AM

Quote from: Beaflag VonRathburg
Quote from: MKEGuy
I need 4  16x to 16x risers and 3 16x to 1x risers.

Please PM me an offer I can't refuse!  I can pay with Litecoin or if you give me a moment I could trade it out for Bitcoin.

These are the risers I actually have:

- 2x Non Powered 16x --> 16x
- 3x Non Powered 16x --> 1x
- 1x Powered 16x --> 16x
- 2x Powered 16x --> 1x
- 1x Powered 16x --> 1x Long with open top

To fit in with what you want it would be 2x Powered + 1x Unpowered 16x-->16 and 3x Unpowered 16x-->1x. I don't have a litecoin wallet, but I'd take $30 in BTC shipped priority mail with tracking for all six of them. Let me know if that works for you and I'll get them out to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Tyler

Hey,

Just to be clear and to sum it up... (not worried about the specifics of the powered/unpowered)

3 - 16x-->16x
3 - 16x-->1x

No 4th 16x16?  I'm 99.9% sure I will take them, but I'm doing these two rigs split with a buddy so I just need his "ok" on it to make sure he didn't somehow buy them already or something.  I should know within the next 15 to 20 minutes if you could hold them for me please.

Robert

Robert,

That is correct. I only have three 16-->16x risers. The rest of them are 1x risers. Let me know what your buddy thinks.

Thanks,
Tyler

Shoot me an addy and consider them sold.

I am looking for that 7th cable though! lol  Otherwise I'll have the 1.01 BTC to you in about (mtgox last of 29.79) 30 min I'm guessing.  I have to do the exchange on BTCe and I just sent the coins there now.

Thanks,
Robert

Robert,

1PAYMENT ADDRESS

You can use 1x cables in 16x slots. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=13741.0 and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=44748.0 . If you are OK with that I do have an extra 1x-->16x powered riser that will work for you. I'll add it in for $4.

Thanks,
Tyler

See my newest message! Smiley

I've never seen a 1x sized plug into a 16x slot though?

If I understand what your saying, you can plug the gpu into the longer normal size pcie slot, then the 1x sized slot of the cable into a 16x/full size slot?

I didn't seem to find the information in those links though they did hint at it.  Apologize for the ignorance I just dont want to end up with something I dont need or use.

They should work. I used to use them on some old MSI Matx boards I had. Here is another guys picture of his in MSI GD70s: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9768004/IM000891.jpg

Thanks,
Tyler

I take it they just plug into the one end of the port?

I'll take the 7th one by the way

Yes, you just plug the end of the 1x into the front of the PCIE 16 slot:

1x : http://www.securitycamera2000.com/CCTV/EG0666-2-PCI-Express-Card.jpg

Comparison / similarity: http://cdn.avsforum.com/d/d5/d50b9d8b_800px-pci_und_pcie_slots.jpeg

Thanks,
Tyler

Thank for the "edju-ma-cation" my friend!

I'm working on swapping for BTC right now, I'll get it to you soon!

Robert

33% of your payment is ready.... just waiting on the rest of the order to go through!

There's no huge rush. Just let me know when you send payment and I'll update my wallet.

Thanks,
Tyler

Payment on its way in a few seconds!!!

I suppose since I sent the money - I should provide my addy, huh? Smiley

Robert XXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Trans Id  b1TRANSACTION

Robert,

I shipped the risers out to you earlier this morning through USPS priority mail. According to the receipt you should receive them around Monday, the 25th. Your tracking number is: 9XXX 5XXX XXXX XXX3 XXX8 X4. Let me know when it gets there.

Thanks,
Tyler

Hi,

I thought these cables looked well used when they arrived - but I thought they would be ok.  At first I had a motherboard/cpu issue which lead to some time before I was able to mount everything up.  That is when I discovered I thought I had another motherboard issue.  But when I plug two cards directly into the motherboard - I get two cards.  IF I put them on risers like I need to for cooling - I get one card.  I can get two cards if I leave one on the board and one on the one particular 16x slot.  I've tried to do the 1x in a 16x slot but I Know I also read something about a jumper so I still have to play with the 1x cables tomorrow.

In short I'm bleeding money because I was told I was being sent working cards.  I have 7 7970s here and will be lucky to get 4 of them up tomorrow morning.  I will be ordering more from somewhere online - but we are going to need to work out what the deal is with these cables.  I know for sure only one of the 16x to 16x cables works.  I will be able to give a more complete report tomorrow afternoon after I play with some more things.  I'm trying to be as nice about this as possible - but something tells me these cables just dont up and die without someone knowing it a head of selling them to someone else.  That is irritating to me.  Especially with the money I have invested at this point.

Robert

No response at all man?  I didn't get a chance to confirm what is up with the 1x cables today beause our new shipment of cables didn't come today so I didn't bother going to my buddies place to play with the rigs

Robert,

I've been out of town the past few days, only had mobile access, and got home a couple hours ago. I'd really like to go to sleep, but would rather deal with this first. The first thing you need to take very seriously if you expect any help from me what so ever is to refrain from in any way, shape, or form imply that I knowingly scammed you by selling you parts with issues. I should basically tell you to kick rocks for that, but I value my seller's reputation. Barring any further comments I'll be happy to help resolve this.

Every one of the risers that I have or have had for sale were used by me without any issues what so ever. Setting them up though can be very finicky though as I had some boards that liked certain cards, risers, OS, etc... but not others. You mention you were having motherboard / cpu issues. Elaborate on what was going on to cause issues and the hardware / software components you are trying to use. Which riser works and which ones don't? With the powered risers you have to plug the pin into the 12v yellow female end of the molex connector or they won't do anything, but spin the fan.

Thanks,
Tyler

I said little publicly other then what was said thus far.  I dont like to only communicate via PM because if you dont at least have something public that is time stamped - well your story can start to lose credibility rather quickly.  I have no problem updating your thread saying that we are now speaking about the matter and it turns out you were just out of town.

Finicky has nothing to do with this situation.  I ordered a set of new cables and had them mailed overnight to me.  I did nothing other then plug them in.  There was no need for a jumper wire, whistling dixey while staring at the north star and rubbing my tummy counter clock wise while jumping up and down on one foot.  I understand what can be involved, but I can tell you that none of it is needed with this setup - other then good cables.

I didn't respond to this right away because I've been working trying to get these rigs running 100%.  We had them running perfect and then we had the bright idea to move them to the basement for a cooler environment.  Well that then introduced the PITA portion of feeding it an LAN connection.  That will be completed tomorrow morning, but for now we have them running on USB wifi adapters.

Getting back to the cables.  I'll be honest, I received them and thought they weren't the greatest looking.  But I put my faith in the fact that you were selling me working merch and I just chalked it up to - hey, as long as they work - who cares what they look like.  The connectors just dont look the greatest, IDK what else to say.  After being able to verify only one of the 16x to 16x cables worked, I'll be honest with you - I only tested two of the 1x to 16x cables because at that point I was done with the situation.  I shouldn't need to be figuring out which of them work.  I paid for working cables, that's what I expect to get.  Again, when I got the new cables - I plugged them in and they just worked.  Non-powered - no jumper wire, not a thing.  Just worked.

The motherboard/cpu issue is long gone, we had swapped out the mb and cpu before I even got the cables from you - so its irrelevant to this equation.

I'm going to go to your thread and make it clear we are talking about this and you were just gone on vacation.

I Was going to leave this alone, but I just can't.

Please dont sit here and talk to me like your doing me a favor by working with me.  You sold me working cables, I expect to get those.  I'm sure you've noticed the high level of scammers around here - so when you dont immediately hear back from someone - its not uncalled for to say, hey - what the hell.  Again - if I dont also keep a public type record of me trying to communicate with you - my end of the story looses water.  I need to keep my ducks in a row as well as you.  Me coming back and simply explaining to the crowed that you were gone on vacation ends any doubts they may have.  Everyone leaves their computers for a while, it happens.

I do not need, nor appreciate someone underlining sentences like its now going to become so much more clear.  Its uncalled for.  Your not doing me a favor, your not entitled to tell someone to kick rocks because you sold them something that is not in working condition.  I'm not out here to get more then what I paid for.  But I am here to get what I Paid for which is indeed working cables.  Had I needed to add a jumper wire to the MB to get these cables to work, or needed all powered cables - I wouldn't have much of a leg to stand on.  But as soon as I got the other cables, it was plug and go.  In fact the first rig I put in cards one at a time.  The second one I put them all in at once.  They all got recognized and added like they were old buddies.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but the way you responded rubbed me in entirely the wrong way.

Tyler,

I believe I have been rather patient as far as time for a response.

Are you refusing to work this issue out or what?

Thank you,
Robert

5 Char

MKEGuy

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 03:43:14 AM

I did respond to your "technical" questions. (ie, processor/motherboard was another thing that was already taken care of)  You never once responded to that.

I'm glad you think that one response puts you in the correct end of this equation.  Nor did you ever choose to inform me.

You immediately jumped at me like you were doing ME a favor by responding to me.  So yes, I sent a second (as I pointed out) message telling you that your "kick rocks" comment was unnecessary.  You sold me faulty equipment.  Now you want to act like I"m the bad guy.  Wrong answer my friend.

MKEGuy

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 03:46:37 AM

So again, I ask - are you leaving this as a terrible transaction?  ie cables I am going to end up throwing away because they are useless.  Leaving you with a "donation" for shipping me your well used, non working piles of ribbon cable.

BTW - Lock the thread, but every time you post something for sale I will be right there.  I will leave feedback, everywhere possible.  The  "unprofessional" parts of this transaction are all on your behalf.  Had you not chose to tell me you were doing me a favor and tried to ride your high horse in your response, I wouldn't have sent that second PM.  But when I was done responding to you, doing my best to ignore your attitude, I made the mistake of reading it again.  So I told you exactly what I thought of you and your attitude.  I wasn't going to let $30 make me walk on egg shells because you are doing me favor.

Beaflag VonRathburg (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 05:14:02 AM

I did respond to your "technical" questions. (ie, processor/motherboard was another thing that was already taken care of)  You never once responded to that.

I'm glad you think that one response puts you in the correct end of this equation.  Nor did you ever choose to inform me.

You immediately jumped at me like you were doing ME a favor by responding to me.  So yes, I sent a second (as I pointed out) message telling you that your "kick rocks" comment was unnecessary.  You sold me faulty equipment.  Now you want to act like I"m the bad guy.  Wrong answer my friend.

Please reread all of the PM conversation again. The first thing you did was say that I sold you bad cables and knew that they didn't work prior to sending them to you.

I thought these cables looked well used when they arrived - but I thought they would be ok.  At first I had a motherboard/cpu issue which lead to some time before I was able to mount everything up.  That is when I discovered I thought I had another motherboard issue.  But when I plug two cards directly into the motherboard - I get two cards.  IF I put them on risers like I need to for cooling - I get one card.  I can get two cards if I leave one on the board and one on the one particular 16x slot.  I've tried to do the 1x in a 16x slot but I Know I also read something about a jumper so I still have to play with the 1x cables tomorrow.

In short I'm bleeding money because I was told I was being sent working cards.  I have 7 7970s here and will be lucky to get 4 of them up tomorrow morning.  I will be ordering more from somewhere online - but we are going to need to work out what the deal is with these cables.  I know for sure only one of the 16x to 16x cables works.  I will be able to give a more complete report tomorrow afternoon after I play with some more things.  I'm trying to be as nice about this as possible - but something tells me these cables just dont up and die without someone knowing it a head of selling them to someone else.  That is irritating to me.  Especially with the money I have invested at this point.

My response, March 09, 2013, 02:03:37 AM
Quote from: Beaflag VonRathburg

The first thing I do is ask you not to insult me again. Then, I ask you to elaborate on your issues, what works, and what doesn't so we can get this figured out. You wait to respond for almost 3 days and follow it with.

Then, March 11, 2013, 11:11:13 PM
I said little publicly other then what was said thus far.  I dont like to only communicate via PM because if you dont at least have something public that is time stamped - well your story can start to lose credibility rather quickly.  I have no problem updating your thread saying that we are now speaking about the matter and it turns out you were just out of town.

Finicky has nothing to do with this situation.  I ordered a set of new cables and had them mailed overnight to me.  I did nothing other then plug them in.  There was no need for a jumper wire, whistling dixey while staring at the north star and rubbing my tummy counter clock wise while jumping up and down on one foot.  I understand what can be involved, but I can tell you that none of it is needed with this setup - other then good cables.

I didn't respond to this right away because I've been working trying to get these rigs running 100%.  We had them running perfect and then we had the bright idea to move them to the basement for a cooler environment.  Well that then introduced the PITA portion of feeding it an LAN connection.  That will be completed tomorrow morning, but for now we have them running on USB wifi adapters.

Getting back to the cables.  I'll be honest, I received them and thought they weren't the greatest looking.  But I put my faith in the fact that you were selling me working merch and I just chalked it up to - hey, as long as they work - who cares what they look like.  The connectors just dont look the greatest, IDK what else to say.  After being able to verify only one of the 16x to 16x cables worked, I'll be honest with you - I only tested two of the 1x to 16x cables because at that point I was done with the situation.  I shouldn't need to be figuring out which of them work.  I paid for working cables, that's what I expect to get.  Again, when I got the new cables - I plugged them in and they just worked.  Non-powered - no jumper wire, not a thing.  Just worked.

The motherboard/cpu issue is long gone, we had swapped out the mb and cpu before I even got the cables from you - so its irrelevant to this equation.

I'm going to go to your thread and make it clear we are talking about this and you were just gone on vacation.

Followed quickly by: March 11, 2013, 11:20:12 PM

I Was going to leave this alone, but I just can't.

Please dont sit here and talk to me like your doing me a favor by working with me.  You sold me working cables, I expect to get those.  I'm sure you've noticed the high level of scammers around here - so when you dont immediately hear back from someone - its not uncalled for to say, hey - what the hell.  Again - if I dont also keep a public type record of me trying to communicate with you - my end of the story looses water.  I need to keep my ducks in a row as well as you.  Me coming back and simply explaining to the crowed that you were gone on vacation ends any doubts they may have.  Everyone leaves their computers for a while, it happens.

I do not need, nor appreciate someone underlining sentences like its now going to become so much more clear.  Its uncalled for.  Your not doing me a favor, your not entitled to tell someone to kick rocks because you sold them something that is not in working condition.  I'm not out here to get more then what I paid for.  But I am here to get what I Paid for which is indeed working cables.  Had I needed to add a jumper wire to the MB to get these cables to work, or needed all powered cables - I wouldn't have much of a leg to stand on.  But as soon as I got the other cables, it was plug and go.  In fact the first rig I put in cards one at a time.  The second one I put them all in at once.  They all got recognized and added like they were old buddies.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but the way you responded rubbed me in entirely the wrong way.

You then refuse to answer any of the questions I asked you about the hardware you're using, what cables work where, and mention you didn't test them all. Then, follow it with a giant rant saying that I sold you items that don't work, insulting me again. I also don't need you to do me any favors (public records) in this as I already posted the whole conversation with dates refuting what you said about wanting escrow, not testing all of the cables, and insisting that I sold you bad products.

So again, I ask - are you leaving this as a terrible transaction?  ie cables I am going to end up throwing away because they are useless.  Leaving you with a "donation" for shipping me your well used, non working piles of ribbon cable.

BTW - Lock the thread, but every time you post something for sale I will be right there.  I will leave feedback, everywhere possible.  The  "unprofessional" parts of this transaction are all on your behalf.  Had you not chose to tell me you were doing me a favor and tried to ride your high horse in your response, I wouldn't have sent that second PM.  But when I was done responding to you, doing my best to ignore your attitude, I made the mistake of reading it again.  So I told you exactly what I thought of you and your attitude.  I wasn't going to let $30 make me walk on egg shells because you are doing me favor.

You were the one that decided to make it a, "Terrible transaction." I asked very plainly to not insult me again, provide me with technical information, and I'd be more than happy to work this out with you. In responding you refused to do any of these and instead made things not worth dealing with. I never thought that I would have to use this, but please read the first sentence of the thread. The only reason I mention this is as normally I would offer a refund upon return shipping of the items, but I know you've either destroyed them, made them useless, and continue to be an ass about this.

At this point in time reading your responses is more valuable then locking the thread. You continue you show your ass about this and in turn show everyone else what I've had to deal with. Continue your trolling and I'll just post my 100% trader feedback, $10250 cash / BTC single transaction with a semi local member, and the rest of my transactions. You're not ruining a thing, but your own image.

MKEGuy

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 03:51:44 PM

Yes, and I'll go ahead and post a picture of the condition of these cables later today and the world can see what crap you decide is "ok" to ship out.

Go ahead and try to blame me as destroying the cables.  That's your choice and I applaud you for trying to go down that road Tyler.  Good show of your shiesty ways!

Myself, my buddy who is in half on this - who by the way owns his own business, is happily married with two kids - can also vouch for the condition of said cables.  Did I mention hes a Network IT Specialist?  Did I mention the years experience he has building computers not only on his own, but also at a place of employment prior to opening his own business?  (All of which I could provide documentation in a court of law mind you)  No.  I did not.  I simply left out all the throwing it in your face at how shitty of cables you sent me - and tried to play a little coy with you to keep thing civil.  But your initial response was anything but something that someone should have to deal with when shipped substandard equipment that DOES NOT WORK!

I state - I still want my money back.  I'll ship these piles of crap back to you.  Try to get someone else to buy them and get them to work!  Until then I promise to haunt every for sale thread you ever make with these pictures I will gladly save on my hard drive in a folder with your name on it Tyler.  I however, was not going to let you walk in like a bull in a china shop and whip your dick around about how you have the right to tell me to kick rocks over the fact you sent me cables that DO NOT FRICKEN WORK  Does the underlining help?  Didn't think so.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: