Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:48:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: To enter niche markets we need sidechain.  (Read 620 times)
Wary (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Who's there?

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 10:42:10 PM

From 2010 to 2014 bitcoin was growing by entering new niche markets: drug trade (Silk Road), gambling (Satoshi Dice), trading (MtGox), trading in China (Chinese exchanges).
It have stopped 2 years ago. Next niche markets (internet-trade, remittances, Wall-street) haven't materialized.
That means that benefits of bitcoin over fiat, for user, are not big even in niche markets to justify switching to it from fiat.
Therefore, bitcoin have to be modified, to make better fit for new markets.
How to modify bitcoin in several (sometimes incompatible) directions?
The way to do it is through sidechains.

I've made a thread about it in general section, but was advised that this topic should really belong to Economics section.
So I'm posting the link here. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1272599.0

Fairplay medal of dnaleor's trading simulator. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
x13

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Things are called shit for a reason, dear.

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 07:02:07 PM

No, I do not agree. To enter niche markets we need colored coins more than sidechains. Colored coins offers more opportunities. Counterparty already offers a solution for Bitcoin blockchain.

Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 10:28:18 PM

No, I do not agree. To enter niche markets we need colored coins more than sidechains. Colored coins offers more opportunities. Counterparty already offers a solution for Bitcoin blockchain.

What are colored coins ? I've heard that term a few times today, but I still don't know what it means.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 10:48:17 PM

This is not the way to do it. Side chains are not gonna fix our problems, in fact they are gonna create even more trouble.
If now bitcoin is not good enough for some people or markets why do you think its side chains will be suddenly good idea?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 08:16:36 AM

What are colored coins ? I've heard that term a few times today, but I still don't know what it means.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmFjmvwPGKU

tl.dr they are basically stored asset on the blockchain
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 11:01:15 AM

Just like I have written a reply in your other thread, I think that we need to be a bit more patient and give this thing more time to develop itself. It's simple as that. I think that the road will show us itself if we just take it easy. No hasty decisions.

Will the Bitcoin killer application be developed by the sidechains, one or more or something else, we will see. Will it be developed in general or for the niche markets, we will also see.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: