Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:07:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 232 days before bitcoin block reward halving  (Read 5735 times)
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:13:00 AM

I believe the price will rise well before the halving
I think a lot of people are aware of it and indeed probably a lot of coins are being bought up now

I think this will continue more and more the closer we get to the halving

I expect strong buying in January when people figure out how much cash they have left after Xmas bonuses and gifts are all done

Also in March/April I think people will buy a lot because it's very close then and if they have spare cash end of  the tax year.... They might Park it in btc to get some coins before the supply dwindles...

Good things in store I reckon for those who haven't given away their btc as of yet  Smiley
pissedoff

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:20:10 AM

I believe the price will rise well before the halving
I think a lot of people are aware of it and indeed probably a lot of coins are being bought up now

I think this will continue more and more the closer we get to the halving

I expect strong buying in January when people figure out how much cash they have left after Xmas bonuses and gifts are all done

Also in March/April I think people will buy a lot because it's very close then and if they have spare cash end of  the tax year.... They might Park it in btc to get some coins before the supply dwindles...

Good things in store I reckon for those who haven't given away their btc as of yet  Smiley
That's the same/similar pattern we had on the last bitcoin block halving. Nothing much to worry about.
AmazonStuff

Activity: 628

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:38:11 AM

In bitcoin world, a lot of things can happen in 2,32 days.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:44:19 AM

Personally, I can't imagine btc will pump if so many people are holding and waiting. I'd expect a movement in the direction with least resistance.

those that are holding are the minority, the majority are playing the market, the big guy with plenty of bitcoin(and they matter more) are always playing, they also do not need to hold 50k coins or how many they have

it's thanks to them that adoption will enter in play at some point, small fish will buy from them
pissedoff

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 09:17:51 AM

Personally, I can't imagine btc will pump if so many people are holding and waiting. I'd expect a movement in the direction with least resistance.

those that are holding are the minority, the majority are playing the market, the big guy with plenty of bitcoin(and they matter more) are always playing, they also do not need to hold 50k coins or how many they have

it's thanks to them that adoption will enter in play at some point, small fish will buy from them
The big guys and and people with experience is minor. I don't think the majority is playing around with their investments.
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 12:42:50 PM

In bitcoin world, a lot of things can happen in 2,32 days.

Yeah, maybe it reaches 1.000$ in 3-4 months and a few days before the halving the price goes down, at that point I doubt people would care that much since the price already peaked 1k
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 04:10:50 AM

I am only seeing it going to 1000$+ before halving or even new all time high price. I expect it not to go very much above 1000 as most of the people will like to sell it they see that price.

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 06:25:48 AM

I am only seeing it going to 1000$+ before halving or even new all time high price. I expect it not to go very much above 1000 as most of the people will like to sell it they see that price.
The pre-halving run is what you're talkin about, the fall part of it will blow your mind. Sell now and cry forever or buy now and live forever in plentiful-ness.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 07:24:09 AM

The halfing might not have a lot of effect if current difficulty increases keep staying high. At the current rate, an S5 or SP20 is going to be unprofitable for most folks BEFORE the halfing arrives to put the final kill blow in on them.

Even with cheap electric.

It's starting to look like even VERY VERY cheap 3 cent/KWH electric might be marginal a month before the halfing.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 11:34:40 AM

The pre-halving run is what you're talkin about, the fall part of it will blow your mind. Sell now and cry forever or buy now and live forever in plentiful-ness.

Yes the run for catching better price before it gets too late has been initiated. That's the reason we are near to $400 levels and market may surprise us in up coming days within this week itself. I guess this will continue up to the halving to happen.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 11:59:04 AM

Yes the run for catching better price before it gets too late has been initiated. That's the reason we are near to $400 levels and market may surprise us in up coming days within this week itself. I guess this will continue up to the halving to happen.

Yes there are lot of chances in this week for bitcoin prices may test $400+ levels. The sustaining prices around $380 to $390 strongly indicates it. May be $425 to $440 also possible within this week end. Halving will make bitcoin into moon or heaven.
saatana

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

Tipsters Championship www.DirectBet.eu/Competition

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 12:06:00 PM

Probably less because blocks are being solved faster than 10 min
italianMiner72 (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 05:40:29 PM

In the last block halving the price only went up. I am expecting to see a similar pattern this halving.

i remember a similar pattern in LTC halving.
good pump and then a new fall down

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
prodigy8

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 06:39:45 PM

In the last block halving the price only went up. I am expecting to see a similar pattern this halving.

Everyone can check the chart at what was the bitcoin price in the last halving.

I think that the price haven't changed a much at that time but after a certain time.

The halving this time will be more interesting as more people/miners are involved in bitcoin.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 07:28:39 PM

Everyone can check the chart at what was the bitcoin price in the last halving.

I think that the price haven't changed a much at that time but after a certain time.

The halving this time will be more interesting as more people/miners are involved in bitcoin.

it was different back then bitcoin was not really notorious as it is right now, and despite this there was an increase in the price, even if not so well recognized..
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 05:47:26 AM

At least you can make something with that so-called pump if you have the courage to get in with your coins... Wink
We people sometimes go all in believing that we might be something someday, and we at least make something, not to mention you should know when to get out of it, or you might even lose what you currently have...
According to me, at first, halving won't make any difference but will slowly get the game going by showing some small hikes of price month by month...

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 08:57:53 AM

Kinda right - but LTC did not drop back down to what it was before the halfing, it stayed somewhat higher.

I expect to see Bitcoin do something similar - though it might get a bit warped by new miners showing up at a bad time to RoI them, and it's starting to look like the current rise might be getting driven by the Chinese economic issues of recent months.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
hunnaryb

Activity: 506

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:13:03 AM

232 days until everybody gets disappointed.

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

bitowl

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:41:19 AM

232 days until everybody gets disappointed.

Yea, this is my prediction as well. I think there will be a pretty epic sell off after the halving.
keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:46:34 AM

It will likely happen prior to the middle of July. Lots of efficient mining gear is coming out, although the rate of manufacture is unknown.

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: