Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 02:17:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 232 days before bitcoin block reward halving  (Read 5735 times)
Oscoda

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:47:59 AM

232 days until everybody gets disappointed.

Hhahha yeah we will see what will happen in that day.
A lot of people are just gona panic.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:24:22 AM

please stop thinking that it will happen the exact same date of the halving, this is utterly stupid, actually it is already happening, for what it's worth saying

but you guy are so stabborn to thing otherwise, it's not so beyond reality to think that the last pump that touched 500, was also due to the halving, done in disguise so only few can get profit from it

miners have plenty of coins they are also manipulators, i'm not believing that in the lean times, they dumped everything, most likely they accumulate a good stash of coins
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 02:10:20 PM

what could happen after this date?
bitcoin will fall down and the ecosystem will die because miner reward will be halved... and the blockchain will die?
or the bitcoin price will rise, because bitcoin will be more rare?

bitcoin halving count down:
http://www.bitcoinblockhalf.com/

Seems like it is announced the end of the world. Apocalypse now. Or better: the day of halving. As for me nothing will happen. Absolutely nothing. At least that day. There will be followed live the halving in one of the sites which show live the mining process and then, after would have "tasted" the first block with 12.5 bitcoin and not with 25 such, will give with its mind the last greetings to that last block. Maybe will register the exact time in order to have this knowledge for the future uses and everything will follow the everyday flow of the life. Maybe will be less miners since a few minutes after but every day enter and leave the mining of bitcoin hundred of people. So nothing new in this direction. The very new thing will be price of bitcoin. Will be reflected such event in its price? Will follow the rules of economics science a currency without economic goods which justify the amount of it in the market? Will obey to the rules of economics science a decentralized and without owners currency (and as such without no one who take care about it) when these rules are made for the centralized and owned ones (controlled and managed strictly by hundred and hundred people)? Will see us an increase of its value? And if yes will a be momentous increase or an almost definitive one (meant as a move in low margins of a fixed value)?

This is the more exciting thing. This is really a historical thing. This have rare value to be followed. This can give to much data about the possible future of bitcoin. Lets see...
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 03:42:13 PM

what could happen after this date?
bitcoin will fall down and the ecosystem will die because miner reward will be halved... and the blockchain will die?
or the bitcoin price will rise, because bitcoin will be more rare?

bitcoin halving count down:
http://www.bitcoinblockhalf.com/

Seems like it is announced the end of the world. Apocalypse now. Or better: the day of halving. As for me nothing will happen. Absolutely nothing. At least that day. There will be followed live the halving in one of the sites which show live the mining process and then, after would have "tasted" the first block with 12.5 bitcoin and not with 25 such, will give with its mind the last greetings to that last block. Maybe will register the exact time in order to have this knowledge for the future uses and everything will follow the everyday flow of the life. Maybe will be less miners since a few minutes after but every day enter and leave the mining of bitcoin hundred of people. So nothing new in this direction. The very new thing will be price of bitcoin. Will be reflected such event in its price? Will follow the rules of economics science a currency without economic goods which justify the amount of it in the market? Will obey to the rules of economics science a decentralized and without owners currency (and as such without no one who take care about it) when these rules are made for the centralized and owned ones (controlled and managed strictly by hundred and hundred people)? Will see us an increase of its value? And if yes will a be momentous increase or an almost definitive one (meant as a move in low margins of a fixed value)?

This is the more exciting thing. This is really a historical thing. This have rare value to be followed. This can give to much data about the possible future of bitcoin. Lets see...

You are right, everyone here, instead of being realistic, are getting more and more speculative and thinking that a lot could happen including end of the world... Everyone's behaving like the same, but as you think, even I think the same way that nothing would happen, Bitcoins will be Bitcoins even after halving, so spreading a lot hoax regarding the same that halving could +/- the price could only harm the dignity of Bitcoins and nothing...

italianMiner72 (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:43:17 PM

Yea, this is my prediction as well. I think there will be a pretty epic sell off after the halving.

hum...
i not agree...
btc will be more difficult to mine...
so, will be more rare and precious..
i think there will not be a sell off

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
vendetahome

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 09:35:54 PM

well thats not too much time left i guess i cant wait for this event as it will surely have a huge impact on bitcoin and its price i hope that i will have way more money then
ReigningPigs

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 09:37:54 PM

It sure is a good time to buy Bitcoin...well not exactly now, but when the price drops back to the 250s after it hits the roof of this current bubble.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:59:23 PM

Yea, this is my prediction as well. I think there will be a pretty epic sell off after the halving.

Hmm why disappointed? Halving is already showing effects on Bitcoin price in my opinion! Look at where we were just 2 months ago, around $230. Today we are flirting with $400. And can you tell me what has so changed in the past 2 months to justify this growth? Not some extraordinary news. So yes, halving is already affecting the price big time!
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:28:10 AM

BTCC (and other Chinese exchanges) started taking fiat payments directly again.

THAT is what caused the spike last month - and ongoing Chinese economic meltdown issues seems to be what's keeping the current price rise alive.

It's WAY to early for the "halfing price jump" to have started.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:30:09 AM

THAT is what caused the spike last month - and ongoing Chinese economic meltdown issues seems to be what's keeping the current price rise alive.

Why will the price will go up when the block halving comes? Because it is harder to get btc so it is more worthfull then now?

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 05:42:21 PM

I don't think that's the reason that the price went up to $500. My guess is it was either the FBI auctioning the SilkRoad coins, or the MMM ponzi in China.
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 05:52:14 PM

After halving of blocks price will not drop anymore under 400 $ and this will be bottom.Dont think much and enjoy recent movements of upwards in price of bitcoin.I expect over 500 $ price for per bitcoin after halving and I am sure of this to happen.
fantoos

Activity: 784

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 05:55:09 PM

Cant say this other way more good but I would like to add that miners will be in profit only if price of Bitcoin are over 360$.To protect and make secure the network mining is essential so something good and positive will happen in my opinion.

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 11:13:19 PM

After halving of blocks price will not drop anymore under 400 $ and this will be bottom.Dont think much and enjoy recent movements of upwards in price of bitcoin.I expect over 500 $ price for per bitcoin after halving and I am sure of this to happen.

With all honesty, it's still too early to speculate what will happen after the halving. Just recently we have been struggling to pass 250, and now we're over 400$ - the fact is that
it's too early to tell will this hold til halving date, but that it does seam to show optimistic - yes, definitely.

cheers
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 05:39:26 AM

With all honesty, it's still too early to speculate what will happen after the halving. Just recently we have been struggling to pass 250, and now we're over 400$ - the fact is that
it's too early to tell will this hold til halving date, but that it does seam to show optimistic - yes, definitely.

cheers

Even the halving date is too far from today, we can observe the consequences for pre-halving effects in bitcoin value day to day.
There are more surprises to be unveiled by halving in up coming days. So, speculating on them must be more interesting and a way of preparing ourselves for those surprises.
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 11:12:10 AM

You made me laugh, bitcoin will die Tongue
it happened in past, halving will make bitcoin more precious and popular.Bitcoin's value will increase because of block reward halving.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 11:52:59 AM

You made me laugh, bitcoin will die Tongue
it happened in past, halving will make bitcoin more precious and popular.Bitcoin's value will increase because of block reward halving.

in 2024 or 2028 we will have more experience about the halving...(lol)

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 01:04:56 PM

op for sure & some of the posters of this thread seem to not consider a very basic fact:

if you run a mid-size/big/giant mining farm you are running a company. companies have to stick to certain economic rules if they want to survive.

when a company invests it calculates the outcome of the investment. the bigger the investment, the longer is the timeframe to consider. companies try to not fuck up theses calculations, because if they do, money is burned, jobs are lost, careers get ruined, etc. when you run a company that does only one thing, bitcoin mining, then every big or little calculation about future revenue of investments in miners and energy will always include the halving.

the miners know it. do you really think there are some guys out there handling hardware worth millions and then one day in june 2016 they get into their office and notice that there are making only half the coins and go belly up? "sorry mr investor, this halving came out of nowhere!"

because everyone knows. because it is a feature.  Roll Eyes
virasisog

Activity: 1820
Merit: 537

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 12:02:35 PM

The block halving could be earlier than expected as the hashing rate is rising too fast. It is about 20% every 12-13 days.
trickshot22

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 12:41:57 PM

price will rise, so buy much bitcoins as you can now, and sell them later for larger price
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: