Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:22:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 232 days before bitcoin block reward halving  (Read 5735 times)
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 12:48:48 PM

price will rise, so buy much bitcoins as you can now, and sell them later for larger price

But there will be a lot of selling as well once it reach the price that is double to what it is prior to the halving so the price will dip again. We just don't know at what price point will it stabilize.

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:57:09 PM

price will rise, so buy much bitcoins as you can now, and sell them later for larger price

But there will be a lot of selling as well once it reach the price that is double to what it is prior to the halving so the price will dip again. We just don't know at what price point will it stabilize.

it will trigger some selling/ dumping but people can only dump once ..........
eventually the shortage of coins will surpass the dumping and the price will rocket
as the people who have already sold their coins are effectively out of the game  and can have no further effect
on the market

when they dump at 800 or whatever and the price keeps on rising they will be unable to afford to buy back in .....Smiley
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:40:34 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2016, 10:01:34 PM by uki

eventually the shortage of coins will surpass the dumping and the price will rocket
as the people who have already sold their coins are effectively out of the game  and can have no further effect
on the market

when they dump at 800 or whatever and the price keeps on rising they will be unable to afford to buy back in .....Smiley
you can dump your coins only once, you are right, but have you guestimated what happens if the real whales start to take their gains?
With already mined coins it is possible to move the market arbitrally low, no matter halving, if a whale decides to do so. There are some really big pockets from the early days of Bitcoin who still wait for their moment to take the winning bet. Therefore, I would be very careful predicting $800 and beyond.

this space is intentionally left blank
virasisog

Activity: 1820
Merit: 537

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 01:45:07 PM

as the people who have already sold their coins are effectively out of the game  and can have no further effect
on the market

you can dump your coins only once, you are right, but have you guestimated what happens if the real whales start to take their gains?
With already mined coins it is possible to move the market arbitrally low, no matter halving, if a whale decides to do so. There are some really big pockets from the early days of Bitcoin who still wait for their moment to take the winning bet. Therefore, I would be very careful predicting $800 and beyond.

Yes. I think the halving will have less effect on the price in the future. We already have many coins.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 01:51:56 PM

on the market

Yes. I think the halving will have less effect on the price in the future. We already have many coins.

yes,
The halving effect will be lower this time and very more in 4 years...
But the effect will be hard this time for miners and very hard in 4 years.
if new mineware are found...then it will impossible to mine for old ones with profit.

Hashminers

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 07:06:04 PM

I think there will happen a lot with the bitcoin before the halving and after the halving has been done, you should think about all the people that are waiting on it, we all have to be patient.

I think if the bitcoin block size will happen a lot of people will make a lot of profit by the bitcoin including my of course, I'm just waiting on the bitcoin.
matrix zion

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 07:09:28 PM

I'm not sure the effect of halving will be the one expected...

I mean logically less mining reward means less btc supply means higher prices no?

Well in theory.
But from a practical point of view, I'd say that the halving will mostly only mean a HUGE dump of the massive accumulation of last months.
So I'd bet on a huge price crash in fact!
Xember

Activity: 110
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 07:32:00 PM

I mean logically less mining reward means less btc supply means higher prices no?

Well in theory.
But from a practical point of view, I'd say that the halving will mostly only mean a HUGE dump of the massive accumulation of last months.

10 months after the last halving, the price went from tens of dollars to thousands of dollars.
virasisog

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:29:07 PM

Well in theory.

Last halving, the effect was dramatic, the price rose to $1200 from $12. This time, it should be much lower, maybe from $500 to $5000.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 02:32:43 PM

Well in theory.

Last halving, the effect was dramatic, the price rose to $1200 from $12. This time, it should be much lower, maybe from $500 to $5000.

$500 to $5000 is very very very  high...
$300 to $1000 is more realistic...

uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 06:10:26 PM

Come on, let's first get to $500. It won't be that easy to first get there and then maintain that level. $5k per Bitcoin just because of halving is a complete dreamland, and doesn't need to be further commented.
Would be good to have sci-fi section on this forum, to move such threads there. Reality in 2016 may be very painful for many users of this forum, I am afraid.

this space is intentionally left blank
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 06:43:52 PM

The price will rise so its a very good thing this is happening this year is a very good year for the bitcoin.
I think it will have a positive affect and it will in my opinion even let the community grow because of the halving.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:59:44 PM

Well in theory.

You are right, 500 dollar to the 5000 dollar is a bit to high search if you asked me, I think its possible but it will take a lot of time before it can even reach this amount.
Also if you think about the point the bitcoin earlier did rise from a low level to a high level its possible, but right now its highly unlikely due the marker.
The 300 dollar range to a 1000 is possible this year, I even think this will happen when the halving has been done because that is in the range of the bitcoin right now.
Of course its not to predict maybe the bitcoin is even gonna rise to a higher level this year.
BruceLee007

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:12:07 PM

what could happen after this date?
bitcoin will fall down and the ecosystem will die because miner reward will be halved... and the blockchain will die?
or the bitcoin price will rise, because bitcoin will be more rare?

bitcoin halving count down:
http://www.bitcoinblockhalf.com/

When i write this, it is even less that 100 days now, and of course that price will rise, i thought that everyone know this small fact, miners will get 50% less so price will have to go up
mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:15:25 PM

Stop spreading FUD. This has already happened once and it has not negatively affected Bitcoin. In other words, it will not die. IIRC 2012.
This has happened before? What was the result in this an significant increase or a slight decrease in the price? I am thinking it bounced back but am hard pressed to believe there was no effect positive or negative at that time due to this happening.

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
Oriannaa

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:37:58 PM

Well in theory.

You are right, 500 dollar to the 5000 dollar is a bit to high search if you asked me, I think its possible but it will take a lot of time before it can even reach this amount.
Also if you think about the point the bitcoin earlier did rise from a low level to a high level its possible, but right now its highly unlikely due the marker.
The 300 dollar range to a 1000 is possible this year, I even think this will happen when the halving has been done because that is in the range of the bitcoin right now.
Of course its not to predict maybe the bitcoin is even gonna rise to a higher level this year.

Anyone can point out the obvious price points.

But whats interesting here is if this halving cycle is different from the last since we are closer to the hard coded #.

Then again I can be wrong and its the same as last halving reaction which is very minimal.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 12:15:46 PM

Well in theory.

No, there is no way the next peak will be lower than the one in 2013.....

It will smash $1200 AND KEEP GOING.....
Xember

Activity: 110

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 09:22:23 AM

Well in theory.

I think so. The $1200 price is achievable if there is not any major disaster fro the bitcoin in the next 12 months.
virasisog

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 07:49:18 AM

Well in theory.

I think so. The $1200 price is achievable if there is not any major disaster fro the bitcoin in the next 12 months.
I agree with you. With the price now, it is achievable unless a big whale sold all of his btc. It is also possible to dump if there will be a massive panic sell now.

After the recent price correction, the price will go to $800 during the halving time. The longer the correciton, the higher the price.
quake313

Activity: 268

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 08:03:49 AM

Well in theory.

I agree with you. With the price now, it is achievable unless a big whale sold all of his btc. It is also possible to dump if there will be a massive panic sell now.

After the recent price correction, the price will go to $800 during the halving time. The longer the correciton, the higher the price.

In any event, it will be interesting. Personally, I can not wait  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: