Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:57:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Blog BitConomy.net  (Read 596 times)
SirBitConomy (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 09:14:41 PM

Hey my name is Alec,

I go by Sir BitConomy online and in the Bitcoin world. I run my own Bitcoin blog. BitConomy.net It would be amazing if you could check it out! I just started blogging about a week ago. I got hooked on Bitcoins after a friend at school told me about them. I currently attend college and I'm working on my Bachelors in Computer Science so Bitcoins and me are a good fit. I hope to meet many new amazing people and many work on my own Bitcoin related software!  Grin See you guys around!
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 09:44:45 PM

The page is blank without Javascript turned on...sorry, I won't be able to read anything you post there.
SirBitConomy (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 10:04:25 PM

Or you could turn javascript on  Huh
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2012, 11:16:48 PM

You had me at botcoins.

jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 11:33:08 PM

Or you could turn javascript on  Huh
It's off for a reason.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4396
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 12:48:11 AM

The page is blank without Javascript turned on...sorry, I won't be able to read anything you post there.
The page isn't blank, everything's just invisible thanks to this CSS:
body {
   margin:      0;
   padding:     0;
   font-family: "Segoe UI", "Lucida Grande", "Helvetica Neue", sans-serif;
   font-size:   15px;
   opacity:     0;
}

which is overridden by Javascript. Since absolutely nothing on that site even requires Javascript as far as I can tell (it seems to work just fine if you disable both Javascript and CSS), I'm going to assume this attempt to force people to enable Javascript is a sign of something sinister and strongly urge everybody not to visit this site until a damn good explanation is provided. Angry

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
SirBitConomy (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 01:58:18 AM

I fixed the css problem. It was a setting in the WordPress theme. I promise there is no ill intent to try and get you to use javascript. Hopefull you can see it now.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4396
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 02:50:19 AM

I fixed the css problem. It was a setting in the WordPress theme. I promise there is no ill intent to try and get you to use javascript. Hopefull you can see it now.
All right, then. One more thing, the "Notify via email" checkboxes are displayed in white text on a white background (regardless of whether Javascript is enabled or not), which is kinda hard to read.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: