Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:58:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why The Bitcoin Price Going Higher Means Bitcoin Will Fail  (Read 1231 times)
Currency Of Light (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 05:12:17 PM

We know one of two things, in the beginning;

- Bitcoin was created as a solution to poverty by allowing people to mine them and thus all have a relative equal share of global equity and have personal sovereignty

or

- Bitcoin was created with a sinister function by a group of corporate thieves designed to extract money from other countries of the world to pay off a nations debt

I have been mining Bitcoin for two years, participating in the "Bitcoin Econony" for two years and in that time, the sheer amount of schemes and scams to extract money from newcomers to the Bitcoin scene has been astonishing, even now POS coins are being created by just a few people, amazingly making it on to cryptsy and then only a handful of the inner circle are benefitting from the only way in which you can make profit (mine a coin within the first 24 hours) the rest is a loss.

So here are a number of reasons why the Bitcoin economy is going to fail;

- Bitcoin holders, people who have thousands do not distribute that wealth to other people participating in the economy
- The creator of Bitcoin still holds $300million (1million) of Bitcoin, and could be any person, agency, corporation, bank with any number of motives
- All of the altcoins, even at the current prices, are artificially inflated, demonstrating that the Bitcoin economy is no different that the fiat economy
- Whichever you look at it, oil is money, money is fiat, fiat is Bitcoin, therefore oil is Bitcoin, and oil propogates and is responsible for war
- Banks and finance organisations are not investing in Bitcoin they are investing in private blockchains.

Any modern economist knows that to have an economy and to keep it moving you have to;

- ensure money circulates by taking it from one person (bankruptcy, fines etc) and redistributing (benefits, grants, etc) -  not hoarding Bitcoiners
- ensure money is given away to ensure participation (nobody would work if it wasnt for fiat money/bribery/blackmail)
- provide confidence that even the smaller participants and currencies retain a stable base value

These are just some of the things, a few more things you should know;

- In the event of a global economic collapse, currency values will decline, so will Bitcoin (Bitcoin is not immune from an economic collapse)
- Bitcoin value is not the actual Bitcoin value (you can estimate that even with 10,000 sold or dumped, the price would drop significantly
- Bitcoin money is fiat money in disguise, actually it is helping the one world government rather than acting in any real libertarian fashion

So after 2 years of seeing Bitcoin be hoarded by jus a handful of people, very few giveaways, continual declining altcoin values, and a significant drop in "pumps" (not to mention the dump of altcoins whenever the Bitcoin price increases) that I am very suspicious about the Bitcoin community.

I must add - I know not everyone has motives of greed - however people that by thousands of Bitcoins from the US government (corporations?) and sits on them waiting for Joe Public to invest their money before cashing out later on does not provide me with any confidence.

Bitcoin is no longer libertarian, even Bittrex takes coins from their exchange if the current trading volume is below 0.1 BTC for a set period of time, anyone in favour of the libertarian movement and the support of wealth being distributed and used by millions rather than the few would not do this.

Are there any stories or evidence of Bitcoiners for example aiding curing poverty, helping homeless off the street? Do you have any stories? Who is doing good with Bitcoin?

You guys started with nothing and ended up with $millions, only to be kept waiting for a higher cash out, do you think people will invest in Bitcoin knowing that?

Let's see some evidence that the Bitcoin community is indeed libertarian, is looking to reward others in the community, post up your photos , stories and lets see some evidence of how you are using your new founded wealth to help others and not using it to scam money out of newcomers to the cryptocurrency community.

P.s. I was a latecomer but priveleged to start just in time for the launch of Dogecoin and Mooncoin, #tothemoon

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 05:14:15 PM

- Bitcoin was created as a solution to poverty by allowing people to mine them and thus all have a relative equal share of global equity and have personal sovereignty

or

- Bitcoin was created with a sinister function by a group of corporate thieves designed to extract money from other countries of the world to pay off a nations debt
-snip-

I think I missed the political part of the whitepaper.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
vilain

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 05:17:58 PM

or

I have been mining Bitcoin for two years, participating in the "Bitcoin Econony" for two years and in that time, the sheer amount of schemes and scams to extract money from newcomers to the Bitcoin scene has been astonishing, even now POS coins are being created by just a few people, amazingly making it on to cryptsy and then only a handful of the inner circle are benefitting from the only way in which you can make profit (mine a coin within the first 24 hours) the rest is a loss.

So here are a number of reasons why the Bitcoin economy is going to fail;

- Bitcoin holders, people who have thousands do not distribute that wealth to other people participating in the economy
- The creator of Bitcoin still holds $300million (1million) of Bitcoin, and could be any person, agency, corporation, bank with any number of motives
- All of the altcoins, even at the current prices, are artificially inflated, demonstrating that the Bitcoin economy is no different that the fiat economy
- Whichever you look at it, oil is money, money is fiat, fiat is Bitcoin, therefore oil is Bitcoin, and oil propogates and is responsible for war
- Banks and finance organisations are not investing in Bitcoin they are investing in private blockchains.

Any modern economist knows that to have an economy and to keep it moving you have to;

- ensure money circulates by taking it from one person (bankruptcy, fines etc) and redistributing (benefits, grants, etc) -  not hoarding Bitcoiners
- ensure money is given away to ensure participation (nobody would work if it wasnt for fiat money/bribery/blackmail)
- provide confidence that even the smaller participants and currencies retain a stable base value

These are just some of the things, a few more things you should know;

- In the event of a global economic collapse, currency values will decline, so will Bitcoin (Bitcoin is not immune from an economic collapse)
- Bitcoin value is not the actual Bitcoin value (you can estimate that even with 10,000 sold or dumped, the price would drop significantly
- Bitcoin money is fiat money in disguise, actually it is helping the one world government rather than acting in any real libertarian fashion

So after 2 years of seeing Bitcoin be hoarded by jus a handful of people, very few giveaways, continual declining altcoin values, and a significant drop in "pumps" (not to mention the dump of altcoins whenever the Bitcoin price increases) that I am very suspicious about the Bitcoin community.

I must add - I know not everyone has motives of greed - however people that by thousands of Bitcoins from the US government (corporations?) and sits on them waiting for Joe Public to invest their money before cashing out later on does not provide me with any confidence.

Bitcoin is no longer libertarian, even Bittrex takes coins from their exchange if the current trading volume is below 0.1 BTC for a set period of time, anyone in favour of the libertarian movement and the support of wealth being distributed and used by millions rather than the few would not do this.

Are there any stories or evidence of Bitcoiners for example aiding curing poverty, helping homeless off the street? Do you have any stories? Who is doing good with Bitcoin?

You guys started with nothing and ended up with $millions, only to be kept waiting for a higher cash out, do you think people will invest in Bitcoin knowing that?

Let's see some evidence that the Bitcoin community is indeed libertarian, is looking to reward others in the community, post up your photos , stories and lets see some evidence of how you are using your new founded wealth to help others and not using it to scam money out of newcomers to the cryptocurrency community.

P.s. I was a latecomer but priveleged to start just in time for the launch of Dogecoin and Mooncoin, #tothemoon

That does not make much sense. If it's not helping the poor, hence it'll fail? Well, that's just not how things work. Economy is much more complex than that.

Currency Of Light (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 05:18:29 PM

or

-snip-

Science and technology papers are not the avenue for political motivations, who knew Bill Gates who "created" windows would be involved in a political agenda to stop people in third world countries having children? He didnt put that in Windows when he sold it to us? Your comment therefore, null and void.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 05:20:54 PM

or

-snip-

you didnt miss it.. the OP did..
bitcoin was never about making the poor rich, nor about corrupt corporations being involved.

bitcoin was about a self auditing currency, requiring no central owner, that had limited supply and thus deflationary. compared to the print as much as you like fiat currency.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Currency Of Light (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 05:22:25 PM

That does not make much sense. If it's not helping the poor, hence it'll fail? Well, that's just not how things work. Economy is much more complex than that.

I disagree, the economy is not complex at all. The key to an economy is dependence, that is all, its not rocket science, and yes if Bitcoin is not propogated to people that spend and transact it will never take off in 100 years, that was why fiat money was created in the first place.

Why do you think people give video games and tools away for free nowadays?
Currency Of Light (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 05:25:50 PM

or

-snip-

you didnt miss it.. the OP did..
bitcoin was never about making the poor rich, nor about corrupt corporations being involved.

bitcoin was about a self auditing currency, requiring no central owner, that had limited supply and thus deflationary. compared to the print as much as you like fiat currency.

One of the factors was to prevent double spending (gold standard) and double spending (quantitative easing or currency devaluation).

Bitcoin is NOT immune from its ability to create new assets or more coins from its source, if agreed in consensus, so actually limited supply can be changed.

So you confirm that Bitcoin was about making rich people richer? Seeing as its launch was stealth and even 7 years later the creator has not even written a book or appeared?

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 05:32:41 PM

sounds like your a conspiracy nut. that has had 2 minutes investigating it.. then taking some drugs before writing your post.

i feel that you dont understand bitcoin and are looking for freebies so one day you can become a billionaire. and your angry because your not getting free handouts.

so.. please. learn what bitcoin really is and then start earning some. its not just about mining. i can think of 200,000 ways people are earning bitcoin without ever mining.

as for your question about does bitcoin help the poor.. well yes
here is a video of one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGSjtaa3Ih8

here's another story
http://www.seansoutpost.com/

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Currency Of Light (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 06:34:27 PM

sounds like your a conspiracy nut. that has had 2 minutes investigating it.. then taking some drugs before writing your post.

i feel that you dont understand bitcoin and are looking for freebies so one day you can become a billionaire. and your angry because your not getting free handouts.

so.. please. learn what bitcoin really is and then start earning some. its not just about mining. i can think of 200,000 ways people are earning bitcoin without ever mining.

as for your question about does bitcoin help the poor.. well yes
here is a video of one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGSjtaa3Ih8

here's another story
http://www.seansoutpost.com/

Generally insulting, although an interesting response. As a zero hour philanthropist actually being a billionaire goes against the grain of what philanthropy is about (if you had read the post, understood, and digested what I said you would have understood that) - if you have more than you need to live and achieve your daily aims and goals then you are not a philanthropist, for example;

A corporation boasting profits and a bank account of $billions while 18,000 children die every day from disease and poverty and then deciding after 30 years of profit to start doing something good with 1% is not an example of philanthropy, in fact if you compare for example the deaths casued by Adolf Hitler/WW2 and compare deaths per year each year (around 6 million) as a result of poverty you will start to realise that the economy is the problem and not the unit of transaction.

People hoard because they fear giving money away will make them lose power or infuence, this is the same reason countries in part go to war, they fear losing power and influence, particularly financial with regard to someone else having more resources and therefore more power and influence. This is in direct contrast to how humans are supposed to live.

So as for handouts you couldn't be further from the truth, I am trying to establish that Bitcoin itself is not a sleight of hand or a black flag event masqueraded as being something positive. At the moment there is zero evidence to suggest otherwise. Even with the premise that it was created with good in mind, notice the early adopters have thus been rounded up (such as a sting or a honeypot event) with continued issues with propogators.

I am also trying to establish any evidence that given Bitcoiners failing to distribute Bitcoin in abundance (and therefore participating in a pyramid scheme and not in general consensus) how the Bitcoin economy can sustain any level of growth, particularly as banks and financial institutions are moving to private (and currently non-compatible) solutions thus limiting the financial growth of Bitcoin.

Seems anyone that questions logically the underpinnings of anything is a conspiracy nut (yet thanks to "conspiracy nuts" there is plenty of information regarding events, practices, of which much is illegal throughout the world today), I am sure that Julian Assange would be delighted that people like him who question immoral society and find answers are conspiracy nuts, but denial and chants of drugs or being mental is the normal practice for someone trying to hide the truth, and the first step in the denial of truth process.

Do we have an accurate rich list for Bitcoin at the moment?

Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 06:46:38 PM

or

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_premise

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 06:52:16 PM

I have to agree. It would be great if the intention of Bitcoin was helping the poor, but it is the first time I heard someone telling that.

As far as I know its intention was to create a decentralized currency, that can be used in many ways (not just helping the poor).

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 06:52:26 PM

bitcoin being hoarded??

more and more transactions are happening every day
https://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions?timespan=all

as for saying the bitcoin creator 'satoshi' still owns 1million bitcoins.. that has been disproved for many reasons
1. hal finney for example and several other people were mining in 2009, thus satoshi's cut was far below 1mill
2. bitcoin-qt v0.1+ had bugs and those involved in developing new versions kept changing bitcoin code and wallet protection methods.. INCLUDING how privkeys were held and dealt with.. meaning coins on old addresses were lost.

as for people afraid to give away.
i have given over 100 btc. and over 13000 litecoins.. gavin andresen has given many hundreds of bitcoins.
andreas antanopolis gets paid in bitcoins and buys things in bitcoins.

the amount of people HOARDING. are not 50% of the community, not 20% not 10% but a small minority.

on just one day (november 5th) 6% of the entire bitcoin market cap moved.
https://blockchain.info/charts/estimated-transaction-volume-usd?timespan=60days

again.. in JUST 1 day!! so imagine how much funds moved in 7 years..

Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 07:52:15 PM

or

-snip-
There is third possibility - neither of that you mentioned is true. Because:

1.Bitcoin was never created as tool to prevent poverty. It is not possible to for anyone to create society without poverty in the first place.
Even if you initially give out money or assets to people, after some time, individuals with better plan or ability to manage their money will gather significant number of wealth in their hands.

2. There is no one proof that confirms that theory. Every known fact about bitcoin contradicts this theory so far.
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 07:55:38 PM

or

Or, I stopped reading after your two options proposed,
since you obviously don't know what you are yammering about.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 07:57:49 PM

or

I have been mining Bitcoin for two years,

I'm always amazed when I see a newbie saying he's been mining for 2 years. I never did. I tried once but my computer wasn't up to the task.
Sorry, but both your starting assertions are wrong. Remember that BTC has already been more than 3 times what it's worth now, and it didn't fail. After more than 5 years, I can't imagine BTC failing, unless it is replaced by something better.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 08:06:23 PM

the amount of people HOARDING. are not 50% of the community, not 20% not 10% but a small minority.

on just one day (november 5th) 6% of the entire bitcoin market cap moved.
https://blockchain.info/charts/estimated-transaction-volume-usd?timespan=60days

again.. in JUST 1 day!! so imagine how much funds moved in 7 years..

That is absolutely false. Over 75% of coins in circulation are hoarded.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 08:12:29 PM

-snip-
if you compare for example the deaths casued by Adolf Hitler/WW2 and compare deaths per year each year (around 6 million) as a result of poverty you will start to realise that the economy is the problem and not the unit of transaction.
-snip-

You earned a godwin point.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 08:54:04 PM

price going higher means there's more demand.

more demand for bitcoin means more success.

my logic is undeniable.

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 09:12:23 PM

price going higher means there's more demand.

more demand for bitcoin means more success.

my logic is undeniable.

I would just extend this furthermore: "more demand for bitcoin means more success, which means more publicity, which means more demand .. etc etc"
It's very well known that it's the spikes in price that attract new users and investors the best, you just need to push it so that it gains momentum.
OP's logic is flawed.
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 11:40:12 PM

Bitcoin is about a new transfer of wealth after eons of money being in the hands of only a few.  I don't see Bitcoin being affected by hoarders considering how far only one coin can be broken down. The vision was genius.

I love Bitcoin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: